TN TN - Dr. Cherryl Pearson, 37, Memphis, 5 Jan 2002

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Next month it will be four years since Dr. Cherryl Pearson disappeared without a trace. Thursday night the Bartlett woman's picture will appear at the end of the popular CBS show "Without a Trace" and on Thursday her story will be featured on "The CBS Morning show."

Pearson was last seen on January 4th, 2002 at a Grizzlie's game at the Pyramid. Her car was found a few days later at an apartment complex near her Bartlett home. Neighbors still wonder what could have happened to her.

Police won't talk about specifics in the case or even say if they believe foul play was involved. Investigators say it's been at least a year since they've received a new tip in the case.
http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=4291208

Posted: 3/7/2006

Four years ago Dr. Cherryl Pearson disappeared after a Memphis Grizzlies game. Since then police have uncovered few clues and no suspects. Her parents say they began to lose hope that they would ever know what happened ... until today. Thanks to a request from the Shelby County District Attorney's Office, the State of Tennessee is chipping in $25,000 dollars to help in the search for Pearson.

The pediatrician's parents hope a larger reward will bring in new tips that could turn up a new lead.

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=38887D23-026D-4182-8328-9E761D211573

This case was just on The Abrams' Report. Investigators seem to be leaning towards the brother-in-law as a POI, although they won't say as much. The BIL has a criminal record for robbery, (I think they may have said bank robbery but not positive on that).

Apparently, Cherryl was very close to her sister's children (the sister that was married to the robber); was even supposed to babysit them the day after she disappeared. She had $150,000 life insurance policy on which her sister was the beneficiary. The money has not yet been paid out since it hasn't been proven that Cherryl's dead. I don't know if The Abrams' Report provides transcripts on their website but if and when I can get a transcript, I'll post it here.

Her case was also recently featured on the Dateline special. She had 2 friends over her house when she got back from the basketball game. They left and said she was going to bed. Her phone records showed a call from a payphone around 2:30 am. It was a short call. LE thinks someone called to see if she was home or told her to meet him/her. Her car was found at some point but not much evidence in it.

Usher737 said:
Her case was also recently featured on the Dateline special. She had 2 friends over her house when she got back from the basketball game. They left and said she was going to bed. Her phone records showed a call from a payphone around 2:30 am. It was a short call. LE thinks someone called to see if she was home or told her to meet him/her. Her car was found at some point but not much evidence in it.
Oh, that's right. I would think that she probably left to meet whomever it was as I don't recall getting the impression that there was much evidence, if any, at her home. Actually, I guess a better way of putting it would be that I would guess that any crime that might have happened that night didn't happen in her home.

Usher737 said:
Her case was also recently featured on the Dateline special.
Here's the transcript from that show. I'm including the portion that seems to indicate that her brother-in-law is a POI:

Missing: Cherryl Pearson - Dateline NBC - MSNBC.com

Det. Lee: The car was just too clean. It was cleaner than normal, detailed even.

Stafford: As though somebody had wiped away prints?

Det. Lee: Yes, sir—it’d been totally detailed. We didn’t even find her prints in there.

A quick call in the middle of the night, her cell phone and pager left behind, and no signs of a struggle: Those clues, at least, suggested to investigators Cherryl probably knew her assailant.

Stafford: Is there anyone within her circle of friends or relatives who has a criminal history?

Johnson: Yes, sir. She has a brother-in-law that has a criminal history of bank robbery.

Stafford: Does he have an alibi for January 4, 2002?

Johnson: He’s been interviewed and we’ve taken statements from him.

Stafford: Are you satisfied with the alibi for that night?

Det. Lee: No. There are certain inconsistencies that are not explainable.

Police also say Cherryl had a life insurance policy worth $150,000 - so far not paid out since there is no proof Cherryl is dead.

Stafford: Who is the beneficiary?

Johnson: Cherryl’s sister.

Stafford: Who’s married to the brother-in-law who served time for robbery.

Johnson: Yes, sir...

[font=Verdana,Arial]Dr. Cherryl Pearson's "cold case" isn't cold[/font]

Imagine your daughter, sister or wife vanishing into thin air. The family of Dr. Cherryl Pearson has lived through that horror for almost five years. The 37-year old pediatrician from Bartlett hasn't been heard from since 2002 when she left a Memphis Grizzlies game. A lot of time has lapsed, but police say it's far from a cold case. In fact, News Channel 3 has learned police are pursuing a lead right now and they are determined to find the woman who seems to have disappeared "without a trace."

What happened that night:

Pearson attended a Grizzlies game at the Memphis Pyramid the night of January 4, 2002. After she returned home, two female friends dropped by and left around midnight. Police say a phone call came later that night.

(more at link)

She had to know the person from the payphone call. Who leaves home at almost 2am unless it's an emergency for someone close to them? Does anyone know if her sister had kids? Being a Pediatrician, I'm thinking maybe she got a call from BIL that one was sick or injured. Clearly this wasn't a robbery. I think right now best suspects in her disappearance are sister and BIL. JMO

Here's hoping something comes of this new lead. This case has been going on for so long. It's time the family can have some closure.

SadieMae said:
She had to know the person from the payphone call. Who leaves home at almost 2am unless it's an emergency for someone close to them? Does anyone know if her sister had kids? Being a Pediatrician, I'm thinking maybe she got a call from BIL that one was sick or injured. Clearly this wasn't a robbery. I think right now best suspects in her disappearance are sister and BIL. JMO
I agree , the sister and brother in law seem like they may be the best suspects...and the bil story has some inconsistencies also, so thats not good.

The Charley Project
Cherryl Lamont Pearson
pearson_cherryl3.jpg

The Disappearance Of Dr. Cherryl Pearson

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/local-news/the-latest-on-the-cherryl-pearson-cold-case

January 4, 2002, is the last time Dr. Cherryl Pearson's family would hear from her. Cherryl called family members from a Grizzlies basketball game that Friday night.

"Her car was found in the parking lot of an apartment complex, which was a stone's throw across a golf course from her driveway," said Capt. Schaber. "We talked to several neighbors in that apartment complex. Nobody remembered anybody dropping it off. Inside the car were the Grizzlies tickets from the game, a bank envelope, a set of keys, and a set of car keys in the trunk. The fact that it was located so close to her house was very alarming because all of that area, the wooded fields between, all of that was searched. And, to my knowledge, her car was not there that day."

Also troubling to police is what they didn't find in the car--fingerprints. It had been wiped clean, pointing to foul play.

"Yes, at that point we're starting to believe that something might have happened to her, that she might not have left of her own accord," Schaber said.

Part 2: The Disappearance Of Dr. Cherryl Pearson

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/local-news/part-2-the-disappearance-of-dr-cherryl-pearson

Fast forward to the present, and the Memphis Grizzlies no longer play at the Pyramid. Her family no longer wants to talk. It seems as though the case has gone cold. Could it be that Dr. Cherryl Pearson just wanted to start a new life?

Schaber replied, "Oh, no ma'am. From all accounts of her friends that we talked too, Cherryl was very happy. She enjoyed her job. She loved spending time with her sister's children, and she enjoyed going to the Grizzlies games."

Until new evidence or testimony surfaces, The disappearance of Dr. Cherryl Pearson appears to be a real life case of “How To Get Away With Murder.”

"I still hold out hope that someone out there knows what happened,” Schaber added. “The $41,000 reward is still outstanding for anybody that comes forward with any information about it."

Dr. Cherryl Lamont Pearson was apediatrician from Bartlett, TN. She was last seen at around 1:00 a.m. onJanuary 5, 2002. Phone records show that she received a call placed from anearby convenience store payphone at around 2:00 the same morning. Her car wasfound in a nearby apartment complex a couple of days later but Dr. Pearson wasnever seen or heard from again.

Anyone with information regardingCherryl Pearson or her disappearance should contact the FBI Field Office inMemphis at (901) 747-4300.

Dr. Cherryl Pearson’s parents havecontributed to a $41,000 dollar reward fund, hoping for information about whathappened to her.
Phone number: 901-382-MONY (6669)

Date of birth: August 21, 1964 Datemissing: January 5, 2002
Sex: Female
Race: Black
Height: 5’6″
Weight: 160 lbs.
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Brown
Distinguishing marks orcharacteristics: Diabetic

I'm interested in doing some research/investigation into this cold case. Does anyone have any more detailed information they could provide? If so, please message me. Thanks!

She’s worked at Lebonheur children’s hospital before. Her diabetes was very severe. There was a rumor and I may not remember it correctly, but the rumor was that a child passed away or something and the parents were angry at her. They blamed her diabetes and wanted her medical records exposed. She was in a medical malpractice case that wasn’t put into motion until after she went missing. She was soft spoken and very smart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven
Back