1124 users online (341 members and 783 guests)  

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    It's got to be through the ads, somehow. I use Chrome with the ******* Plus extension on both my PC and laptop, and have never won a single gift card while browsing Websleuths. On iPad with Safari browser, though, it's a nightmare trying to read anything here.
    Show your work.

Quote Originally Posted by theirmommy View Post
    Same exact scenario here today. So now I have been using Tapatalk. Donít like it (prefer website on laptop) but have no choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here in Australia. Had to resort to Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    JMHOO

Chemo a day keeps the funeral away
    ET go home

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    We are aware of the problem. In the meantime if you are using a mobile device, be it phone or tablet, please use the WS mobile application.

Please go to the bottom left-hand corner of this page. You will see a drop-down box. Choose WS Mobile as your app.

It is so frustrating for you and I am very sorry this is happening. We are doing out best to get everything fixed as soon as possible.

In the near future, we will be moving to a new software platform. This is will be a big change for the better on Websleuths.

Thank you for your patience.

Tricia

SLEUTHS WITH A PURPOSE
    ​Websleuths.com

Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com
    6300 N Sagewood Drive
    STE H 214
    Park City UT 84098
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Thanks Tricia!

I'm almost afraid to say this lest I jinx myself, but I've been reading on my iPad for 2 days now without winning anything!
    Show your work.

I asked in another thread but I donít think anyone responded. Maybe they did but Iím on tapatalk and have a hard time navigating...

When I try to go to WS on my mobile browser (safari)... any thread I click only shows one post. I canít read the entire thread. Did I change a setting by accident? I have tried a bunch of different things and I canít fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by bears10 View Post
    I asked in another thread but I don’t think anyone responded. Maybe they did but I’m on tapatalk and have a hard time navigating...

When I try to go to WS on my mobile browser (safari)... any thread I click only shows one post. I can’t read the entire thread. Did I change a setting by accident? I have tried a bunch of different things and I can’t fix it.

I’m sorry...I can’t help. I’m terrified of touching any buttons on here. Did you try the display button to the right of the thread tools button?
    If you listen closely enough, people will tell you exactly who they are...

Instructions for Pop-Ups, Redirects and Sluggishness

Websleuths deny my login on my IPhone & IPad but I can log in on PC and android tablet. Go figure.
    I can log into anything including FB, banking etc no problems.
    Iíve been with WS since 2012 so yes Iím am putting in my correct username and password.

Itís been like this for several months.
    I loath Tapatalk and Androids.
    This old dog must learn new tricks unfortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    JMHOO

Chemo a day keeps the funeral away
    ET go home

After being pop up/ redirect free for the past couple of weeks, they are back this morning.

And the last three mornings.

It's a losing battle. No other websites except here!
    Letters from Prison - https://lettersfromprisonsite.wordpress.com
    This site is in remembrance of a dear friend that was incarcerated at the age of 16. Serving three consecutive life sentences with no chance of parole led him to suicide at the age of 25. These are excerpts from his letters during the last four years of his life, the end of 2012 to the beginning of 2017.

Highland Park Jane Doe - Who was she? Who killed her?
    https://theblackpeacock.wixsite.com/highlandparkjanedoe

after all my years here, I am getting pop ups. About every 3 minutes. This is the first time since I joined WS that I have gotten pop ups. I get them on no other site, only here. It has kept me away on some days. I do not use WS on any mobile devices, just my PC at work. Really, really frustrating.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Hi Tricia...a problem solved and I wanted to share this with you, your computer guru and WS. For sometime, on and off for years, I would get pop up ads from COX and Amazon saying I won a contest etc. It got so bad I contacted you and your team. You tried everything to figure it out. I contacted Apple Support too. The problem would come and go.

I did not realize this issue always would coincide with any Apple updates and then restoring my info to the iPad or computer.

Well the last major update Apple had, I had all kinds of issues going on. I contacted Apple and we worked through almost all but the stupid pop up ads came back and I could not read on your site....until I got one lady from Apple and she said she used to get these too. To me that was exciting as I got to talk to someone who had the same problem.

Her next question was “When we, (meaning Apple and me) downloaded the back up files back to the computer or iPad, how did we do it? By Cloud or by ITunes?” Most people at Apple like to back up from ITunes....I just do what they say so it was almost always a backup through iTunes.

Well the lady said that is the problem. Do not back up from ITunes, at least in my case. ITunes has advertising pop ups added all the time. Instead, back up from the Cloud. And with that....the problem is solved. No more Cox or Amazon pop up ads!!! I can now read all of WS!!!! I will always back up from the Cloud now.

I hope this helps other people....and thank you to Tricia and Computer Guru for trying everything you could to help me.

I just wanted to chime in to say that I am not getting any more pop ups or redirects, so thank you to whomever figured out the glitch.

No Apple products here.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

I'm on an iPad. It's been a few days since I had one.im stil afraid to say this and jinx myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MsJosie View Post
    Hi Tricia...a problem solved and I wanted to share this with you, your computer guru and WS. For sometime, on and off for years, I would get pop up ads from COX and Amazon saying I won a contest etc. It got so bad I contacted you and your team. You tried everything to figure it out. I contacted Apple Support too. The problem would come and go.

I did not realize this issue always would coincide with any Apple updates and then restoring my info to the iPad or computer.

Well the last major update Apple had, I had all kinds of issues going on. I contacted Apple and we worked through almost all but the stupid pop up ads came back and I could not read on your site....until I got one lady from Apple and she said she used to get these too. To me that was exciting as I got to talk to someone who had the same problem.

Her next question was ďWhen we, (meaning Apple and me) downloaded the back up files back to the computer or iPad, how did we do it? By Cloud or by ITunes?Ē Most people at Apple like to back up from ITunes....I just do what they say so it was almost always a backup through iTunes.

Well the lady said that is the problem. Do not back up from ITunes, at least in my case. ITunes has advertising pop ups added all the time. Instead, back up from the Cloud. And with that....the problem is solved. No more Cox or Amazon pop up ads!!! I can now read all of WS!!!! I will always back up from the Cloud now.

I hope this helps other people....and thank you to Tricia and Computer Guru for trying everything you could to help me.
    Ive never backed up my phone using iTunes since Iíve had apple products (which is since the first iPhone) and I used to have the amazon gift card redirect problem all the time. It was so bad I had to switch to using only tapatalk or my laptop. So I donít think thatís why. It was a problem with the ads on the site, not how you back up your phone. Glad to hear the problem is resolved though.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7