Identified! MD - Glen Burnie, Fem Skeletal UP16797, 18-40, in woods, Jun'17 - Shaquana Caldwell

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Female Human Remains Found Along Wooded Area in Md.[/h]
BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Anne Arundel County Police say they found female human remains along a wooded area in Maryland.
Detectives say around 6:43 p.m. on June 14, they responded to a wooded area along East Ordinance Road near East Avenue in Glen Burnie, where they discovered skeletal remains.

Officers say the remains appear to be from a woman who was in her 20’s.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/06/24/female-human-remains-found-wooded-area-maryland/

Unknown Race, Female
Probable year of death 2016-2017.
Estimated Post-mortem Interval: Weeks

Clothing on body: Blue Bra
Other items found with body: Wig

One Rule Out:
Ashley Thomas 1986 Maryland

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16797

Joanna and Shariece Clark went missing in February from Baltimore. Joanna has a "Monroe" piercing on the left side between her upper lip and nose - that takes a post similar to what the post that was found looks like. Her daughter has a nose piercing which is a shorter post than what the found jewelry appears to depict. However even though both women have pierced ears, based on their facebook images they favor large hoops rather than the gold studs that were found.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Shariece-Clark-15-Baltimore-4-Feb-2017/page2

This would not be at all far from Cherry Hill, where the Clarks went missing, especially if one took the back way through Curtis Bay. Cherry Hill is a notoriously dangerous place, Curtis Bay no better. The area where the remains were found is right by Railroad tracks, not far from a Home Depot and Costco. Not terribly busy, but not remote either.

do you know if they had other ear piercings? when I was younger I had 4 in one ear and I would wear one set of hoops and then posts in the ear w multiple piercings

Joanna and Shariece Clark went missing in February from Baltimore. Joanna has a "Monroe" piercing on the left side between her upper lip and nose

do you know if they had other ear piercings? when I was younger I had 4 in one ear and I would wear one set of hoops and then posts in the ear w multiple piercings

yeah, that's a good question. I also wore studs similarly. I wasn't able to find any other piercings/bracelets in the few pictures publicly available. I'll assume they will be checking the Clarks out for this UI since the location and timeline could work.

Permission Error occurs when on the NamUs link. I couldn't find any information about who this might be.

I think I've found what might be a better match:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...MD-Shaquana-Caldwell-26-Baltimore-14-May-2017

Shaquana Caldwell, 20s, went missing from Baltimore. Wore a blond wig sometimes based on her facebook photos. Had a face piercing stud just under her lip and a pierced nose. Had multiple ear piercings. Favored at least one bracelet in a style not terribly dissimilar to the jewelry found.

You were correct marble:

Anne Arundel County Police use DNA Snapshot to Aid Identification of Balitmore Murder Victim, Leading to Arrest and Confession.

Caldwell-snapshot-copy-464x600.jpg

Anne Arundel County, Md. (Ammoland.com) Detectives at Anne Arundel County Police (AACP) explained today how a new forensic DNA technology, called DNA phenotyping, ultimately led to the arrest of a Baltimore resident for murder. On 29 January 2018, Baltimore Police charged Taras Caldwell with the murder of his girlfriend, Shaquana Marie Caldwell, bringing closure to a case that began in Anne Arundel County on 14 June 2017 when Anne Arundel County Police received a report that skeletal remains had been found in Glen Burnie, Maryland. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner determined that the decedent was a female approximately 20 years of age and that foul play was suspected in her death.

In the fall of 2017, after initial investigative efforts failed to reveal the victim’s identity, Anne Arundel County Police contacted Parabon NanoLabs with a request to use the company’s Snapshot DNA Phenotyping service to generate a likeness of the victim to assist with identification. “We had engaged Parabon on such cases in the past and felt it would be the most efficient way to get to a positive identification,” said Anne Arundel County Police Detective Sgt. Rob Price. Snapshot’s analysis of the DNA indicated the victim was of African American ancestry, with brown to dark brown skin, brown eyes, black hair, and no freckles. Thom Shaw, a certified forensic artist at Parabon, performed a facial reconstruction from the victim’s skull and digitally combined it with the DNA predictions in order to generate an image of how the victim may have looked when she was alive. “The ability to fine tune a Snapshot composite with details from a skull gives the best possible likeness of an unidentified victim,” says Shaw.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/anne-arundel-county-police-use-dna-snapshot/#axzz56v8btyNP

[h=1]DNA technology helps Maryland law enforcement ID victims[/h]
There have been six public cases in which Parabon has partnered with a Maryland law enforcement agency since 2016. But law enforcement officials and the company confirmed to Capital News Service that there have been more investigations that remain confidential.

Of the six cases in Maryland where Parabon has posted the Snapshot image on its website, one has already resulted in a murder charge. That investigation started in the fall of 2017, when police found remains in Glen Burnie.

After early efforts to identify the skeletal remains failed, the Anne Arundel County Police contacted Parabon. Snapshot’s analysis of the DNA showed the victim was of African-American ancestry, with brown to dark brown skin, brown eyes, black hair, and no freckles.
A certified forensic artist at Parabon performed a facial reconstruction from the victim’s skull and digitally combined it with the DNA predictions to show an image of how the victim may have looked when she was alive.
The Baltimore City Police Department then contacted the Anne Arundel County chief because of the similarities between the Glen Burnie victim and a Baltimore missing person. Police were able to identify the victim in November as Shaquana Marie Caldwell. In January of 2018, Baltimore Police charged her boyfriend, Taras Caldwell — who had the same last name but was not married to the victim — with murder in connection with her death.
“The use of that technology revealed the body,” said Anne Arundel County Police Department spokesman Marc Limansky. “Investigators are extremely confident this technology will increase the solvability of many cases to come.”
http://www.stardem.com/news/state_n...cle_9bdb9eeb-5321-5424-9b6f-b901a252673f.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back