GUILTY MI - Egypt Covington, 27, found murdered in her home, Belleville, 23 June 2017 *arrests in 2020*

liltexans

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Father searching for answers after daughter found dead in metro Detroit

Egypt Covington, 27, was discovered by a friend at the home on Hull Road in Van Buren Township.

Her father, Chuck Covington, says Egypt was an account manager and doing well for herself. He last saw her on Father’s Day.

Chuck says he hopes someone will come forward with information.

egypt26n-1-web.jpg

Michigan dad to daughter's murderer: 'you know what you did was evil'

Chuck also had a message for her murderer.*

“If you see this, you’re living with the evil that you did and you know what you did is evil," he said.

He also hopes anyone with information will come forward to help solve this crime. Chuck says his daughter's spirit will not be forgotten.*

Investigation underway after Mich. singer was found dead in home

The 27-year-old had won the Country Idol title held at Fraser’s Pub in Ann Arbor. The slain singer’s family is planning to hold a vigil for her there on Saturday, WJBK says.

She worked as an account manager at Rave Associates – a fine wine distributor – since last February and at Palmer House Bar and Grill in Westland, according to social media pages.

Woman found slain in Belleville area home

A homicide investigation is underway after a 27-year-old woman was found dead in her Belleville-area home during the weekend.

The woman's body was found by a friend who stopped to visit about 7:15 p.m. Friday, June 23 at the home in the 45000 block of Hull Road in Van Buren Township, according to a release from Van Buren Township police.

Police say the death is not believed to be random and she possibly knew her killer. Authorities had not revealed a cause of death as of Sunday evening.

Family seeks justice for 'angelic' slain Belleville area woman

Besides her positive spirit, Egypt Covington was endlessly compassionate, her step-mother Kristin Covington, 50, of Van Buren Township said. She never gossiped or spoke poorly of others, and that kind of attitude drew people to her.

It's what makes her death particularly shocking, family said.

"I don't know of anyone that disliked her," Kristin Covington said. "I feel really sad for somebody that either had that much anger towards her or that much jealously - they must be very sad and hurting."

Beautiful young lady taken for what? I'm curious to know was it a break in? Or she new the person to let them in? Crime of passion? Was she being stalked and didn't know it? Jealously possibly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Alot of my middle son's friends knew her and have been sharing the go fund me account for her. I have seen alot of postings about her murder on facebook :(

hmmm, found the flyer for missing Doug Calhoun (thread here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-1-June-2017&p=13460004&posted=1#post13460004) on the IG of one of Egypt's family members. Just an interesting connection of sorts. Detroit is much more of a small town than ever and there is a real sense of community among those who have stayed there while so many others have fled.

Sounds like this was someone who knew Egypt. May her family get the answers they need and find justice for this beautiful woman.

ETA: Wow, cruising through her instagram, I love this woman. What a spirit; her soul just oozes out, filled with kind words and compassion and awareness. Her family must be devastated, of course.

sure seems like such a nice lady from her social media
didn't appear to be in a relationship ...
wonder how she was murdered?

Yes, I was trolling on her fb. She also made a music video with a man. It's on youtube. Beautiful voice. Anything and everything I could see was everyone loved her. She was fun loving. Good spirit. Whomever did this had to know her. Such a beautiful soul gone. For Nothing.

sure seems like such a nice lady from her social media
didn't appear to be in a relationship ...
wonder how she was murdered?
Police won't let that be known.

Channel 4 news just 2 minutes ago stated she was found shot inside her home.

I am so glad to see a thread has been started for Egypt. I was just reading the M-Live article and was coming to see if it was here. thank you all for the posts today.

This is very close to where I used to live before I was married, so I know the area well. And we are familiar with her Ann Arbor connection (Fraser's Pub).

It just seems unreal, to have had too many recent murders near where I live/lived through the years.

I am so glad to see a thread has been started for Egypt. I was just reading the M-Live article and was coming to see if it was here. thank you all for the posts today.

This is very close to where I used to live before I was married, so I know the area well. And we are familiar with her Ann Arbor connection (Fraser's Pub).

It just seems unreal, to have had too many recent murders near where I live/lived through the years.
My thoughts exactly. I live half hour or so away. Many years ago I used to deliver mail on that road. Waiting to see if police release more info. Found shot. Someone was angry sounds like or possible jealously?
Curious was there someone jealous or wanted her job position?

Family grieves 27-year-old woman found murdered in Van Buren Township home

The police department is not releasing how Egypt was killed, but believe it was an act committed by someone she knew. They haven't made any arrests, and everyone they've spoken to has come to the police department voluntarily to share information.

Authorities said this is a case that "won't be solved overnight" because they are looking into evidence, some of which has been sent to Michigan State Police.

Mysterious Death Of Michigan Singer Investigated As Homicide

As far as who killed her or why, Chuck Covington said there isn’t a lot of information.

“From what police are saying it wasn’t a random act. I can say that, you know, there was no sign of…broken entry, and that’s all we know for now,” he said.“…We of course want this person found, and whatever type of person who could do that to a living angel should come to justice; but that really won’t help with all of us that she’s been taken away from.”

Investigators are following up on some leads, police said.

Mysterious Death Of Michigan Singer Investigated As Homicide

As far as who killed her or why, Chuck Covington said there isn’t a lot of information.

“From what police are saying it wasn’t a random act. I can say that, you know, there was no sign of…broken entry, and that’s all we know for now,” he said.“…We of course want this person found, and whatever type of person who could do that to a living angel should come to justice; but that really won’t help with all of us that she’s been taken away from.”

Investigators are following up on some leads, police said.
Thankyou. I swear the reporter stated she was shot. Right after her two friends spoke briefly about her. Hmm..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back