Vietnam - Gary Glitter for child molestation, Vung Tau, 2005

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
. . . To the families of those who accused him.

i do wish this well-known (in Britain) wealthy western sex-tourist would have been shown to be punished.

unfortunately, this only helps the sex industry in these poor countries.

he should never have been allowed to travel overseas after being caught with downloaded child torture (young children photographed being raped and tortured) in the first place.

Former singer Gary Glitter paid $2,000 (£1,150) each to the families of two Vietnamese girls he is accused of sexually abusing, his lawyer has said.

The money was paid two weeks ago "for co-operation" in the upcoming legal case, Le Thanh Kinh said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4563542.stm

He disgusts me . . . a firing squad would have been too good for him.

i so hope no one listens to his music anymore. :(

Floh said:
. . . To the families of those who accused him.

i do wish this well-known (in Britain) wealthy western sex-tourist would have been shown to be punished.

unfortunately, this only helps the sex industry in these poor countries.

he should never have been allowed to travel overseas after being caught with downloaded child torture (young children photographed being raped and tortured) in the first place.

Former singer Gary Glitter paid $2,000 (£1,150) each to the families of two Vietnamese girls he is accused of sexually abusing, his lawyer has said.

The money was paid two weeks ago "for co-operation" in the upcoming legal case, Le Thanh Kinh said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4563542.stm

He disgusts me . . . a firing squad would have been too good for him.

i so hope no one listens to his music anymore. :(
If this doesn't spell out "guilty as sin", I don't know what will.
However, Glitter might very well find himself dealing with one of the old-line judges who fought as VC and has a very dim view of Westerners in general, and his type in particular.
"Charlie don't surf", indeed.

Jeanna, in many football stadiums (NFL and local high schools) Gary Glitter's Rock n Roll part 2 is played...aka the "touchdown" song...aka the "hey" song.

chiefs_fan_4life said:
Jeanna, in many football stadiums (NFL and local high schools) Gary Glitter's Rock n Roll part 2 is played...aka the "touchdown" song...aka the "hey" song.
It has been a tradition for many MANY years. Trust me...no one is thinking of the loser when they are either dancing or playing that song. That is one of the first songs we learned to play when we got into the high school marching band.:crazy:

deandaniellws said:
It has been a tradition for many MANY years. Trust me...no one is thinking of the loser when they are either dancing or playing that song. That is one of the first songs we learned to play when we got into the high school marching band.:crazy:
Me, too! I go to a lot of games and you're right, this loser doesn't cross my mind at all when I hear the song, I was just pointing out that his music is played.

chiefs_fan_4life said:
Me, too! I go to a lot of games and you're right, this loser doesn't cross my mind at all when I hear the song, I was just pointing out that his music is played.
Oh...I knew you were. I always think back to my high school band days when I hear the song. :)

Glitter was just sentenced to 3 years in prison, according to the AP.

He's a buddy of MJ's. Hope that conviction makes MJ run scared, think twice now...:loser:

Glitter jailed for abusing girls

In addition to the prison sentence, Glitter has been ordered to pay 5m Vietnamese dong (£180/$315) to his victims' families.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4769164.stm

So Glitter remains in Jail for the time being. not a long enough sentence IMO, but there you have it. :(

i fully expect he'll be able to buy his way out far sooner than the three years is up.

altho i am impressed by the swiftness of the trial.

LinasK said:
He's a buddy of MJ's. Hope that conviction makes MJ run scared, think twice now...:loser:

Is he a friend of MJ? yes, i hope it gives MJ the jitters.

i'm hoping countries in the far east will take note and start clamping down on sex tourism.

Floh said:
Is he a friend of MJ? yes, i hope it gives MJ the jitters.

i'm hoping countries in the far east will take note and start clamping down on sex tourism.
I remember reading it during Mj's trial.

Rock and Roll (Part 2) is a perennially popular stadium anthem at sports events, particularly in the United States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Glitter

Gary Glitter will/has received royalties every time this is played in stadiums. i urge you to insist it's no longer played in stadiums because this is what funds/has funded his lifestyle.

Floh said:
Rock and Roll (Part 2) is a perennially popular stadium anthem at sports events, particularly in the United States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Glitter

Gary Glitter will/has received royalties every time this is played in stadiums. i urge you to insist it's no longer played in stadiums because this is what funds/has funded his lifestyle.

Good call, floh! Thankfully we don't hear a note of the sicko's music over here anymore.

During the criminal investigation, police considered charging Glitter with child rape, which carries a maximum penalty of death, but said they did not find enough evidence.

The girls' families wrote to the court in December, asking that charges be dropped after Glitter paid $2,000 to each of them.

Although prosecutors decided to move forward with the case anyway, under Vietnam's legal system, the payments are considered "compensation" that counts towards lessening any sentence.

:doh: Unbelievable.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Something tells me 3 years in a Vietnamese prison (or even 1) is the equivalent of 20 in the Western world.

I believe, according to reports, he'll be out before christmas.

and i also think he will receive special treatment and will only suffer his liberty being taken away.

Floh said:
I believe, according to reports, he'll be out before christmas.

and i also think he will receive special treatment and will only suffer his liberty being taken away.
I wouldn't bet on him emerging totally unscathed. I'm betting he'll be missing all his teeth once he gets out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back