Identified! IL - Will Co., HispMale UP16760, 17-50, St Jude ring, Jun'17 - Himer Vazquez

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
"The body has been there a while," Hoffmeyer said Wednesday. The Will County Coroner's office said the body is that of a "badly decomposed male."

According to the sheriff's office, while the male's "ethnicity has not been determined," he is believed to have been 5-foot-3 with a 32-inch waist. He was wearing Clarks brand sandals in size 8-1/2, red shorts, a men's Burberry watch on his left wrist and a gold ring believed to depict St. Jude on his right ring finger.
https://patch.com/illinois/manhattan/body-found-manhattan-monee-road

He was discovered in a ditch Wednesday afternoon along the 7000 block of Manhattan-Monee Road in Green Garden Township, authorities said.The coroner had previously reported the body was found in Monee Township. But Will County Sheriff Deputy Chief Tom Budde said that the body was found near Manhattan-Monee Road between Harlem and 88th avenues, which is in Green Garden Township.

A Will County Department of Transportation employee was cutting grass and discovered the body around 2 p.m., according to the Will County sheriff's office.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-will-county-body-st-0623-20170622-story.html

17-50 Year old
White Male
64 inches tall

Estimated postmortem interval: 6 Months

Head Hair: short hair, very dark brown or black
Body Hair: Dark Chest Hair
Facial Hair: some black mustache and beard

Clothing: red Hilfiger shorts size 32, light colored short sleeved shirt, blue Hilfiger mens BVD underwear

Footwear: brown 'ORIGINAL' brand sandals with adjustable strap size 8.5

Jewelry: 'BURBERRY' brand watch with a black and brown band worn on the left arm, St. Jude ring 10K with green and white stones on the right middle finger

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/16760

[h=1]
watch_and_ring--green_garden_twp_t580.jpg
[/h]The Will County Sheriff’s Office Investigations Division needs help from the public in identifying a deceased man who was found on June 21 in Green Garden Township.

A watch belonging to a man found dead in Green Garden Township could be a clue to his identity.

Will County detectives hope that a ring belonging to a man who was found dead in Green Garden Township will help identify him.

The man’s remains were found by a county highway department employee while cutting grass in a ditch, along Manhattan-Monee Road according to a press release from the sheriff’s office.
http://thetimesweekly.com/news/2017/jun/29/man-found-dead-green-garden-township-still-unident/

Sandals leads me to believe that he's been there longer than 6 months.

Clarks Originals sandals are not cheap either. He's dressed in relatively expensive "preppy" clothes down to his underwear. So style and brand conscious.

https://www.clarksusa.com/us/originals/originals-mens/trek-strap-dark-brown-leather/p/26122994

description makes me think the shoes are similar to these.

added:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.426...180.24492&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

general place he was found.

Right near a country club, and it looks as though he was wearing attire that would fit right in there. Yet he died from multiple gunshot wounds and nobody has reported him missing? This is truly strange.

I don't know why, since the height is off, but I think there is an outside possibility this is Marc Cates, originally from Flint, who does not have a thread here.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36193/25/

His facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marc.cates.5

That's one vague report!

Fairly close geographically. I'm having trouble fitting Messed Up Tattoo with pricey watch & religious ring and Country Club?

Height & geography certainly are plausible. :thinking:

That's one vague report!

Fairly close geographically. I'm having trouble fitting Messed Up Tattoo with pricey watch & religious ring and Country Club?

Height & geography certainly are plausible. :thinking:

My opinion only, but based on his social media presence I think at some point somebody may have purchased nice things for him and/or supported him financially.

If he was badly decomposed and wearing sandals, wouldn't the county had seen him earlier in the year from mowing??

Hmm...according to Namus.gov he is a Hispanic male. Frankfort, is a suburb of Chicago and Chicago is a sanctuary city, so it is highly likely that he could be an illegal immigrant. His bling and good taste in watches, could indicate involvement in a lucrative drug operation. Also, the fact that he is wearing sandals in what would've been winter in Chicago implies that he was removed from his home.

If he was badly decomposed and wearing sandals, wouldn't the county had seen him earlier in the year from mowing??

If it's truly a roadside ditch- they only get mowed a couple times a year here. And the spring rain probably precluded the first pass at it.

i agree w most of this however im thinking his post mortem interval is either longer or shorter. he was all duded out in summer gear.

Hmm...according to Namus.gov he is a Hispanic male. Frankfort, is a suburb of Chicago and Chicago is a sanctuary city, so it is highly likely that he could be an illegal immigrant. His bling and good taste in watches, could indicate involvement in a lucrative drug operation. Also, the fact that he is wearing sandals in what would've been winter in Chicago implies that he was removed from his home.

ummm, because Chicago is a sanctuary city doesn't mean "it's highly likely" the victim was an illegal immigrant. Not to mention that's quite the leap to "Hispanic with $ = drug dealer" . Also, the type of sandals he was wearing are not really made for indoor wear- if it's cold outside and he were going to wear sandals indoors for comfort/to lounge I doubt he'd choose a pair that are heavy leather and have to be buckled.

This is the first I've seen that he's Latino/Hispanic. I guess that rules out Marc Cates. The other person I thought this might be was latino but I didn't keep the file I had on him open- he was a graduate of Purdue, was extremely introverted according to his family, and fell out of contact with them quite some months ago. Found his facebook and there wasn't much there, just seemed to be very into fitness but more of a runner than a weight lifter. Not a lot of interaction on his page/profile with other people. I wish I could find it again. He doesn't have a thread here (I checked).

Maybe he was killed someplace warmer (like the South/Southwest) and dumped in Chicago? Or carjacked in the South/warmer climate and killed in Chicago? Seems strange that whoever shot him left an expense ring and expensive watch on the body but they might have been in a hurry and he might have had a lot of money or a fancy car they wanted to steal more. Just some random thoughts on his clothing being for warm weather.

getting a "permission error" in Namus now. Guess that means he was identified?

ummm, because Chicago is a sanctuary city doesn't mean "it's highly likely" the victim was an illegal immigrant. Not to mention that's quite the leap to "Hispanic with $ = drug dealer".

SBM: Thank you, marble, for responding this way. My blood was boiling after reading the post to which you responded for exactly the same reasons. Wow, I don't know why I am still so surprised when people say these kinds of ignorant things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back