South Africa - Jordan-Leigh Norton, 6 mos, stabbed to death, 15 June 2005

JellyBean

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this! If its not, maybe a moderator can move it? :blushing:

"The State alleges that Dina Rodrigues hired men to kill Jordan, aged six months, who was the natural daughter of her boyfriend, Neil Wilson. "
This case has received, and will receive alot attention in South Africa. I will post a link that has all the articles for this case. Its alot of reading, but one cannot begin to understand what goes through somebody's mind to do something like this. A picture of Baby Jordan can be found at the link:

http://iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3006

JellyBean

awww, what a cute baby, why in the world would they do this??

What a beautiful little baby, what in the heck is going on with people...I just want to beat the crap out of them.

Hi,

They had a documentary on Baby Jordan on Tuesday. It just broke my heart:(

It started with a home video of this little angel crawling around and smiling at everybody.

They had interviews with the nanny and the family and their devastation is apparent.

Reason why their baby died? The B*TCH couldn't handle the fact that her boyfriend had a child from another woman :furious:

In the documentary they showed this murderous cow when she was released on bail. They asked her "What is the first thing you are going to do when you get home?" . Her answer "Give my Dad a hug- I missed him so much!"

Guess the family of Baby Jordan will never be able to hug or kiss their baby.

I wish I could :slap: her around.

JellyBean

Hi,

If you follow this link, it will provide links to other articles about the trial. Pic of the so-called father at the link. He and his family wanted nothing to do with the baby because he is white and the mother is coloured :loser:

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_1877660,00.html

Cape Town - Even although baby Jordan-Leigh Norton had not been part of his life, she was "always in my heart", the infant's biological father Neil Wilson told the Cape High Court on Wednesday.

Wilson was testifying for the State in the trial of his former lover, Dina Rodrigues, and the three men and a boy she allegedly paid to kill the child on June 15 last year.

Rodrigues and co-accused Zanethemba Gwada, Sipho Mfazwe, Mongezi Bobotyane and a 16-year-old youth have pleaded not guilty to all charges, including murder and conspiracy to murder.

Wilson told the court he had a previous relationship with Jordan's mother, Natasha Norton, and that Dina was "very upset, very angry" when a paternity test showed he was the child's father.

"She actually wanted to break up... she didn't want to believe it. She might have been a bit jealous," he said.

Had not tried to see baby

As far as he could recall, he saw the baby once, at the paternity test, although he might have seen the child and its mother in shopping malls, too, Wilson told the court under cross-examination by Rodrigues' advocate John van der Berg.

He had not attempted to visit her.

"Not once?" asked Van der Berg.

"No," replied Wilson, who is a physical education teacher at a southern suburbs primary school.

"I bought her something at Christmas time, but I didn't give it to her."

Asked whether he had drawn a curtain between himself and the Nortons and the baby, he said this was not accurate.

"She (the baby) was always in my heart, in my mind. I was thinking about it all the time," he said, to gasps from the public gallery, packed with Norton supporters.

'Paid for it to go away...'

Earlier he told the court that about 13:00 on the day of the murder he received an SMS message from Rodrigues saying she needed to speak to him urgently.

He phoned her back.

"She said to me that 'your baby is dead' and that she had paid R10 000... for all of it to go away," said Wilson.

"She was very emotional on the other side. I asked her what she had done and why she had done it. I was very upset and very emotional."

Asked by the prosecutor, Nicolette Bell, what he understood by what Dina told him, he said: "I didn't understand any of it.

"I thought it was a hoax. I didn't understand what was going on."

He said Dina had SMSed him about two months before the killing, asking what she could do to "make it all go away".

He asked her at that time what she meant, but she would not tell him.

The next day, when they reported to police for interviews with detectives, Dina broke down crying in a waiting room.

Tells of SMSs

"She said to me 'Oh my God, what have I done? What have I done? I'm going to jail'."

Later in his testimony, Wilson added that Dina had told him in their phone conversation on the day of the murder that she could not be linked to the "situation".

After the conversation, Dina had SMSed him, and he replied.

"I told her I hated what she had done, I hate her. She told me I mustn't make her feel bad, she feels bad already," he said.

He deleted the messages the following day at Rodrigues' request.

Asked why, he said: "I still had a lot of feelings for Dina. I didn't want anything to happen to her. That's why I did it."

He conceded that he lied to investigating officer Esmerald Bailey when he said in an initial statement that he did not know who was responsible for the killing.

"I did have the knowledge and I didn't tell her," he said.

Faces intimidation charge

Wilson also told the court he was living in fear of his life after two threatening text messages, one telling him to "Start praying, dumb ****".

Rodrigues faces a charge of intimidation relating to the messages.

Police confirmed on Wednesday that Rodrigues' older brother, Orlando, was released on R500 bail after allegedly threatening Wilson at the High Court on Monday. Orlando is alleged to have run his finger across his throat.

JellyBean

I just can't understand that kind of hatred towards a child!

I've read everything I can about this and seen pictures of all the family, where did you read the mother was colored and that was the reason he didn't want anything to do with her?

From what I read, the girlfriend was just mad he had a child with another woman and said if she had known about the child before hand she never would have started dating him and she was ashamed he had a child with someone else. The mother of the child, the father and the girlfriend all went to the same schools, same partys same social events, up to the present time. Didn't see the race thing as a part of it.

BhamMama said:

I've read everything I can about this and seen pictures of all the family, where did you read the mother was colored and that was the reason he didn't want anything to do with her?

From what I read, the girlfriend was just mad he had a child with another woman and said if she had known about the child before hand she never would have started dating him and she was ashamed he had a child with someone else. The mother of the child, the father and the girlfriend all went to the same schools, same partys same social events, up to the present time. Didn't see the race thing as a part of it.

I can't understand it either. How can anyone hurt a child? :furious: I hope this woman and her partners rot in prison (and then hell) for the rest of their miserable lives. :furious:

You know I hear this kind of thing all the time the new wife or gf either A.hates the baby/child so much she makes the childs life a living hell or B. she kills the child. And just about every single time it's nothing more then pure JEALOUSY. If a women is that jealous as to harm a child then they need serious mental intervention. I am sooo sick of hearing about these idiot scums doing this to innocent children who didnt ask to have a new stepmonster to begin with..ugh!

NewMom2003 said:
I can't understand it either. How can anyone hurt a child? :furious: I hope this woman and her partners rot in prison (and then hell) for the rest of their miserable lives. :furious:

The first link up at the top shows baby Jordan Leigh

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3006

There are links on that page that take you to other coverage about it.

Here's the link of the mother of the baby

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3006&art_id=vn20060202063508688C299551

And her with her family

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3006&art_id=vn20060131063357172C452197

Such a beautiful baby! My heart just hurts so bad when I read about things like that that shouldn't happen! I agree, they have mental issues!

BhamMama said:

Sorry - should have said that it came out in the documentary. Apparently their relationship was good until she fell pregnant. This staement was made by her parents when asked if he had any contact with his child, or if his parents had any contact with her.

JellyBean

Ah thanks JellyBean. Yep, I've not seen the documentary. I'm sure it had a lot more detail than I get to read.

From June 2007:

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2138553,00.html

Judge Basheer Waglay, in sentencing Rogrigues to life for the murder of six-month-old Jordan-Leigh Norton, said: "Ultimately, hers was the hand that held the hand that murdered the baby"...

Two of her accomplices, Sipho Mfazwe and Mongezi Bobotyane, were also given life sentences for the murder. In addition, they were given 10 years each for aggravated armed robbery, relating to items they stole from the Norton home after the murder.

The others, Zanethemba Gwada and Bonginkosi Sigenu, were effectively jailed for 15 years each for their part in the murder and robbery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back