IL - Larry Southwood & Kimberly Riordan for sex abuse of disabled 14yo girl, 2005

Maddy's Mom

And Caden's too!
Reaction score
Man Questioned In 3-Year-Old's Death

"Southwood spent many days and nights at the victim's home, which is just four doors down from the Rassis. It is Riley Fox's grandmother's house -- the place she was before she disappeared."

http://www.nbc5.com/news/5708052/detail.htm

Riley's forum seems to be closed so I am starting a new thread on this. I hope they caught the psycho!

“This man is no more of a suspect in the Riley Fox case than any other sex offender that comes through Will County or any other person of interest,” spokesman Pat Barry said. “It is a normal procedure for law enforcement to take DNA samples and compare them to open cases. This individual will have his DNA compared against not just Riley Fox, but any other open cases as well.”

The swab was done yesterday and will be sent to the crime lab, Henry said. Henry estimates results won’t be available for another three to six months. He also said they’ve done about 20 other DNA checks in the Fox case.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_363070610.html

So they are not considering him a suspect, but at least they are checking into it. Also, good to hear they have actually tested SOMETHING besides Fox and Rossi DNA.

"Court papers allege Southwood violated his young victim with his finger, that he performed oral sex on her, and that he had her perform oral sex on him."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/top/4_1_jo28_hearing_s1.htm

Riley was assualted with a small object, "like a finger". Also, the DNA found in her vaginal area was determined to be a man's saliva. Hmmm. Not to mention this sicko only lived 4 doors down from the Rossi's.

He would have either had to know where they lived, or followed them home. Until now, I have been under the notion that whoever killed Riley was either IN the house when they got home, or was outside and around the vicinity of the house when they got home. If it was this loser, he would have had to have seen Kevin pick the kids up that night. LOSER.

"The Wilmington man charged with repeatedly raping a teenage quadriplegic has fathered two children with his own daughter, his abused offspring revealed Thursday.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/top/4_1_JO30_SOUTHWOOD_S1.htm

Clelland believes her father more than capable of carrying out the sex attacks on the quadriplegic teen as alleged by the state. She also thinks he may have raped and killed 3-year-old Riley Fox, the young Wilmington girl whose murder has gone unsolved for the last 18 months."

"The family of Kevin Fox hopes a DNA test on a recently arrested sex offender might completely clear Fox in the public's eye after the rape and murder of his daughter Riley.

Kevin Fox once was charged in the sexual assault and murder of his daughter, but the charges were dropped this year. Now a DNA test has been conducted on another Wilmington man in a separate case. "We are waiting to see if the DNA matches," said Fox's brother Chad Fox. "While we would like nothing more than to have her killer arrested, we must make sure we punish the right guy.""

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/top/4_1_JO30_FOX_S1.htm

I just cannot imagine what Kevin and Melissa are going through right now. To sit and wait, wondering if this is the monster that took your baby and killed her. It must be like holding your breath under water. How awful for them.

"Southwood reportedly stayed at the home of the quadriplegic teen the night before Riley Fox was killed. The teen lives near the grandmother who was babysitting Riley and her brother, Tyler, the evening before the young girl's murder.

The day Riley was discovered missing, a neighbor told police she saw the little girl sitting outside her grandmother's home."

It is so scary that these sick bastards live among us as functional members of society!

God I hope they're able to solve this case and allow Riley's family to at least know who did this. They'll never be able to know why, but I'd like to see this monster off the streets before another beautiful baby is hurt.

After reading the news articles, I've no doubt that Southwood is a monster. What I don't understand is how or why his 17 year old daughter entered into a "marital relationship" with him and fathered two children with him. Children are helpless; 17-year-olds are not. And why has she maintained a relationship at all with him, even speaking to him a week ago? And she supposedly is now happily married? :confused: Does anyone have any insight into how this could happen? I'd have a restraining order and he couldn't be within a mile of me if I were her. He is a sick b@#t&%d, but his daughter is equally ill.

southerngirl said:
After reading the news articles, I've no doubt that Southwood is a monster. What I don't understand is how or why his 17 year old daughter entered into a "marital relationship" with him and fathered two children with him. Children are helpless; 17-year-olds are not. And why has she maintained a relationship at all with him, even speaking to him a week ago? And she supposedly is now happily married? :confused: Does anyone have any insight into how this could happen? I'd have a restraining order and he couldn't be within a mile of me if I were her. He is a sick b@#t&%d, but his daughter is equally ill.
I agree, after reading that article, that the poor daughter is pretty sick herself. Maybe she was scared, alone, who knows, she said she did try to get help, but not until after the SECOND child was born. That man is creepy looking!

OMG, as much as I would love to see little Riley's case resolved, I hope this man's ugly mug was not the last thing she ever saw. He's downright disgusting.

southerngirl said:

Southwood is a monster because he obviously groomed his own daughter from a very early age. She may be 17 but no one knows what her life has been like with such a "father". If your taught something when you are young you tend to think of it as the norm in your life. She is what he has made her. I do not hold a girl who has probably been through a horrible life on the same threshold as some may. His daughter and her children are victims too. Maybe it took her compassion for another girl being abused to garner the strength to turn him in and break free.

I agree Aheddle. 'Until you have walked a mile in her shoes'. She may actually have been abused before by her father- she most likely was at least physically abused. She may have been afraid of him. She knew he had killed at least one child before. That is a lot of fear for a young girl. Where was her mother, while they were living as man and wife and having children? She says no one would listen, so it appears that she had tried, but no one would listen. And she obviously felt that she had no where to turn.
So what does a scared 17 year old do when her father insists on an incestual relationship do? She knows he has killed before. Obviously, either there was no mother or an uninvolved mother. Maybe she felt she had not choice.
I would be interested to know, where she was while he was in prison. Bet she was in foster care, and thought that going with him would get her out of that system.

This was in the news article too,unfrickenbelievable that after 10 years his name doesnt go on the sex offenders list:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: (The mother of the quadriplegic girl says she was very good friends with Lawrence Southwood and said she had no idea about his criminal past. Southwood was not on the registered sex offender's list because his previous crimes were more than 10 years old. )

mysteriew said:
I agree Aheddle. 'Until you have walked a mile in her shoes'. She may actually have been abused before by her father- she most likely was at least physically abused. She may have been afraid of him. She knew he had killed at least one child before. That is a lot of fear for a young girl. Where was her mother, while they were living as man and wife and having children? She says no one would listen, so it appears that she had tried, but no one would listen. And she obviously felt that she had no where to turn.
So what does a scared 17 year old do when her father insists on an incestual relationship do? She knows he has killed before. Obviously, either there was no mother or an uninvolved mother. Maybe she felt she had not choice.
I would be interested to know, where she was while he was in prison. Bet she was in foster care, and thought that going with him would get her out of that system.

Sounds to me like they have thier man. But, did I miss something? I read the article and I believe it said attempted murder in 1969. And it did not mention a child. Did I miss a different article?

lostfaith said:
Sounds to me like they have thier man. But, did I miss something? I read the article and I believe it said attempted murder in 1969. And it did not mention a child. Did I miss a different article?

My mistake LF. It was attempted murder, a rape, and a sex related charge. I apoligise for my error.

mysteriew said:
My mistake LF. It was attempted murder, a rape, and a sex related charge. I apoligise for my error.

No apology needed! I thought maybe I missed an article. Not like it redeems him in any manner!

I lost my original comment, but wanted to say that if the abuse has been ongoing for many years (as questioned above), a 17 yr old may realize it's wrong but may not know what to do about it. Who knows what was going on with that poor girl.

It brought to mind a book I read several years ago about children that grew up in a terribly abusive (every type) home and both parents were involved. The father's name was Eddie Sexton, and here's an article on the web about the case.

http://www.bright.net/~dknox/clips/sexton1.html

The book was called:
House of Secrets by Lowell Cauffiel (1998)

I felt sick reading about Riley's abuse. :(

Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't been here in ages because the kids have kept me busy. I can't remember what nickname I used back then, but it would have been similar. I'm so original.

I would like to read what's new with the Riley Fox case, as well as a whole bunch of others that don't get media attention anymore.

This site has so much information, it's almost overwhelming!

Happy New Year!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back