AR - Sophia, 2, & Zane Welborn, 6 mos, drowned in pond, Paron, 28 June 2017 *Arrests*

Reaction score
Two Children Dead After Missing Truck Found in Pond, Alleged Suspects Arrested

According to the Saline County Sheriff's Office, deputies were called to the 16000 block of Highway 298 in Paron late Wednesday night about a missing truck with two children inside. While heading towards the call, dispatchers notified deputies that the truck was found inside a pond close to the address.

Two young children, a 2-year-old and a 6-month-old, were found at the location and emergency treatment immediately began. Both of the children later died due to their injuries.

http://www.thv11.com/mb/news/local/...d-in-pond-alleged-suspects-arrested/453037258

Just when you think you couldn't possibly hear one more shocking and devastating story involving very small children, some losers manage to dig down to a whole different level you never thought existed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Children Dead After Missing Truck Found in Pond, Alleged Suspects Arrested

According to the Saline County Sheriff's Office, deputies were called to the 16000 block of Highway 298 in Paron late Wednesday night about a missing truck with two children inside. While heading towards the call, dispatchers notified deputies that the truck was found inside a pond close to the address.

Two young children, a 2-year-old and a 6-month-old, were found at the location and emergency treatment immediately began. Both of the children later died due to their injuries.

http://www.thv11.com/mb/news/local/...d-in-pond-alleged-suspects-arrested/453037258

Just when you think you couldn't possibly hear one more shocking and devastating story involving very small children, some losers manage to dig down to a whole different level you never thought existed.

BBM

Policyoftruth, you took the words right out of my head.
I'm off to read the article and also bracing myself.

The two babies died after being treated for their injuries.
Do I really want to know what their injuries were? Unfortunately I do want to know, so I can fantasize what I want to do with these two losers before auctioning them off to General Population at their favorite prison.

Godspeed, sweet innocents :angel: :angel:

RIP, little ones! Many of would have loved to love you....

Auntie Laughing

RIP, little ones! Many of would have loved to love you....

Auntie Laughing

Yes, Auntie laughing, so many couples are unable to bear children of their own and have to live childless, while rampant child abuse soars and parents murder their babies every day.

These babies deserved to live their life, thrive, grow up and be happy. What happened to that?
It's to bad and way too sad the lives of innocent children don't matter until it's too late.

BBM

Policyoftruth, you took the words right out of my head.
I'm off to read the article and also bracing myself.

The two babies died after being treated for their injuries.
Do I really want to know what their injuries were? Unfortunately I do want to know, so I can fantasize what I want to do with these two losers before auctioning them off to General Population at their favorite prison.

Godspeed, sweet innocents :angel: :angel:

Judging from the pictures of the man and woman I'm gonna take a crazy risk and say there's probably a good chance drugs are involved. I'm ashamed this happened less than 30 minutes from where I live, but I shouldn't be - in a way it's more personal when it happens in your community or a community extremely close.

We always think this happens somewhere else, but it happens everywhere. Just a couple of weeks ago this happened to 2 kids in Texas who were almost the exact same age, and their deaths (oddly enough, also in a car) turned out to be because of partying.

I'll never understand why these people who clearly either don't want their children and/or see their children as a burden don't just give them up for adoption. I hope the local news here will continue to keep this story updated.

Sweet babies....I can't think of a punishment tough enough for this one. [emoji25]

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Do we know that these are their own children? If so, I wonder who called to report a truck stolen with two children inside.

There's already been an update to the story:

http://katv.com/news/local/parents-of-children-found-dead-in-truck-submerged-in-pond-appear-in-court

This just physically, mentally, and emotionally makes me sick. It's even harder knowing those *#$&?!'s are in the county jail - less than 5 minutes from my house. I wish I had known they were being arraigned today - the court is just a little over 5 minutes from my house.

Another case of parents killing their very small children. I'm guessing, from what's reported in the story, that the "missing truck" was some type of coverup attempt by the parents who were really trying to hide what they had done to the children. This is looking like South Carolina and Susan Smith all over again except this time it's both parents.

:rose: RIP little ones. you now know what is like to be loved by god and that justice will be done right by you.

a little over 5 minutes from my house.

Policy of Truth, if this isn't a trigger or a stressor for you, could you keep us informed of funeral/memorial service plans?

TY, Laughing

:seeya:

Policy of Truth, if this isn't a trigger or a stressor for you, could you keep us informed of funeral/memorial service plans?

TY, Laughing

:seeya:

No triggers, just utter disgust. Will continue to post any updates from local MSM. Might take a little while for a funeral if they sent the children to the state crime lab.

Local news report on the 10:00 news stated the parents did not enter pleas in court today. Their next court date is August 8.

Yes, Auntie laughing, so many couples are unable to bear children of their own and have to live childless, while rampant child abuse soars and parents murder their babies every day.

These babies deserved to live their life, thrive, grow up and be happy. What happened to that?
It's to bad and way too sad the lives of innocent children don't matter until it's too late.

This. Why do these types simply not just give their children up? I think we should make it easier for bad parents to surrender their kids without always assuming 'parents are best', because all too often, parents are the worst.

Is it because they don't want to have to pay child support to whoever takes custody? they think they won't get caught and it means they won't ever have to pay a cent and might even get a bit of coin via a or something.

I can't think of any other alternative other than pure evil, but I think it's often more just ultimate selfishness and self-centredness than genuine evil.

This story just gets worse.
His charges have been upgraded to two counts of negligent homicide.

"In this morning's bond hearing, the Saline County Sheriff told the judge that Welborn had admitted to taking meth that day. He says Hairston admitted they were under the influence of something and said they gone to a friend's house that day and left the kids in the truck. Once it got dark, they went back outside and realized the truck was gone.

The sheriff told a different story. He said in court that a witness reported seeing Welborn in the truck as it was going down the hill and towards the pond and said Welborn hopped out of the truck before it landed in the pond.

The sheriff and prosecutors tell us they are still working out exactly what happened. "

http://www.fox16.com/news/local-news/charges-upgraded-in-saline-co-child-deaths/753909412

More details at the court hearing show why his charges were increased to negligent homicide, I'm not sure about the "negligent" part, it seems intentional.
The detective said they were on meth.
Looking at the address of the house on Google street view, The house looks so bad I think it may be gutted but there are several campers around that look more like where human beings may live.

"The children were reportedly in car seats, but were not clothed, according to SCSO Detective Jason Ballard.
Ballard said Welborn was waiting for Hairston in the vehicle.
The witness also stated that she saw brake lights engage before the driver reversed the truck, crossing the highway, prior to quickly rolling down a hill.
"(The truck) was moving," the witness stated while describing the speed of the vehicle.
Ballard said there was no sign of braking prior to the vehicle coming to a rest in a nearby pond.
When deputies arrived at about 10 p.m., Welborn was standing near the pond.

https://www.bentoncourier.com/content/details-released-death-toddler-infant-bond-set

Absolutely heartbreaking, and happening more frequently than I can bear to imagine. R.I.P. little angels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Judging from the pictures of the man and woman I'm gonna take a crazy risk and say there's probably a good chance drugs are involved. I'm ashamed this happened less than 30 minutes from where I live, but I shouldn't be - in a way it's more personal when it happens in your community or a community extremely close.

We always think this happens somewhere else, but it happens everywhere. Just a couple of weeks ago this happened to 2 kids in Texas who were almost the exact same age, and their deaths (oddly enough, also in a car) turned out to be because of partying.

I'll never understand why these people who clearly either don't want their children and/or see their children as a burden don't just give them up for adoption. I hope the local news here will continue to keep this story updated.

policyoftruth, unfortunately most of us know that feeling shame leaves us and our communities with. feeling so violated, defenseless and cold, while the shame drapes us like falling snow that will not melt away.
It's too bad the good people in all our communities are the ones who feel the shame, when in fact it should be the low life losers who commit such horrible acts upon our precious innocents, but they have no such feelings for others, only themselves.

How is this not murder? And did they actually report the truck missing but not their own kids? Like what the actual F? What is wrong with people?

Here are links to the most current stories with the 4 major local news outlets in Little Rock (this all took place in the suburbs of Little Rock), as well as 1 of the 2 major newspapers in Little Rock and the local paper in Saline County. The coverage on Arkansas Matters (local NBC affiliate) and Fox both have the best footage of the house and the pond.

Following the story in the Saline Courier the very first comment suggests the 26 year old mother of these two children also has older children whom DHS has taken from her. The tone of the comment sounds as if the writer may know the mother personally.

I noticed a lot of people are upset about the severity of the charges and about who was charged for what, but keep in mind that Arkansas Children's Hospital will send these babies to the Arkansas State Crime Lab. Depending on what they find these charges could easily be upgraded and/or more charges could be added. They were just arraigned Friday. They still haven't pled to anything and won't have an opportunity to do that until August 8.

Local NBC Affiliate:
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news...-homicide-in-saline-co-child-deaths/753909368

Local ABC Affiliate:
http://katv.com/news/local/parents-of-children-found-dead-in-truck-submerged-in-pond-appear-in-court

Local CBS Affiliate:
http://www.thv11.com/mb/news/local/...after-2-children-found-dead-in-pond/453330465

Local Fox Affiliate:
http://www.fox16.com/news/local-news/charges-upgraded-in-saline-co-child-deaths/753909412

Arkansas Democrat-Gazette:
http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/jun/30/couple-charged-in-deaths-of-kids-left-i-1/

Saline Courier:
https://www.bentoncourier.com/content/details-released-death-toddler-infant-bond-set

There's already been an update to the story:

This just physically, mentally, and emotionally makes me sick. It's even harder knowing those *#$&?!'s are in the county jail - less than 5 minutes from my house. I wish I had known they were being arraigned today - the court is just a little over 5 minutes from my house.

Another case of parents killing their very small children. I'm guessing, from what's reported in the story, that the "missing truck" was some type of coverup attempt by the parents who were really trying to hide what they had done to the children. This is looking like South Carolina and Susan Smith all over again except this time it's both parents.

Chilling, policyoftruth, just chilling, and you missed the *Perp Walk* also. :tantrum: What I would give.
Maybe you could give these two a visit at the crow bar motel. How I would love to be on their visitors list.

Stolen truck my...BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back