Psychics and Skeptics

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Last night's Larry King show had Sylvia Browne and James Praagh (sp) on. Interesting discussion with some pertinent questions being asked.

Can psychics really help with crime cases? I can't say I'd be receptive to that kind of stuff. I've had one experience with a "speywife" as we call them here. It was many years ago and a close friend had just died. I went with another friend and she was amazingly accurate in both our readings. We both agreed to give her no clues as we were warned that we would end up providing the information for her. We also tried to trick her. I was working at the time and my friend was at uni but I dressed like a student with beads and cheesecloth and my friend wore a blue business suit - yet she spoke about my work and told my friend that she would pass her exams! I also remained virtually silent throughout my reading. She predicted my husband (whom I hadn't met at that point), my bereavement (she mentioned my dead friend as I walked into the room and before I'd even sat down!), my future career u-turn, my older two children (she said I'd have two children within the next ten years), she also said that all my family members would still be with me in ten years time (they were).... She gave me a lot of comfort but I still vowed never to see another speywife or to have my fortune told ever again.

Anyway, some people believe that these people are just good readers of people and body language. Others swear by their gift.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0512/28/lkl.01.html

On another forum, a poster called Beth gave links to the James Randi website and his $million challenge. I read some of the challengers and found it fascinating BUT I have to say that I find Kramer a little abrasive and wonder if the JREF deliberately try to put some applicants off by muddying the waters at the protocol agreement stage. I read the threads very carefully and there are definitely instancies where the goalposts are moved a little by JREF and when this is challenged by the applicants, THEY are accused of being difficult!

Comments?

i seen her on LK last night but i didnt watch it, i used to like slyvia and think maybe she was right on some stuff, but then i started hearing stuff about her that shes a fake ect....I dont know, being raised in a strong christian family i was always taught to stay away and that these people are evil, but i know for myself i have had tons of dreams that have come true about things and that has convinced me that i think some people may be more sensitive to spiritual things, not that they are any better because i dont think that...but i think that its a gift from God and if it can help solve a murder case, go for it...I for one love the show Medium.....

Very interesting post about your encounter with a 'speywife', Jayelles.

Therefore I'm curious: does there exist any murder case in which a psychic played a pivotal role when it came to finding the killer?

rashomon said:
Very interesting post about your encounter with a 'speywife', Jayelles.

Therefore I'm curious: does there exist any murder case in which a psychic played a pivotal role when it came to finding the killer?

rashomon,

There appears to be numerous true cases, almost all of them involving murder, that were solved with the help of psychics on Court TV's "Psychic Detectives. It airs on Wednesdays at 10:00 PM.

BlueCrab said:
rashomon,

There appears to be numerous true cases, almost all of them involving murder, that were solved with the help of psychics on Court TV's "Psychic Detectives. It airs on Wednesdays at 10:00 PM.

But then why (I'm from Germany and can't watch these shows) hasn't any of these psychics come forward to help in a high-profile case like the JonBenet case?

I also watched LKL last night.
It was about unsolved crimes.The panel was Mark Gergoes ( I know I mispelled his last name,he's the lawyer from the Scott Peterson trial),our buddy Henry Lee,and a few other lawyers and pathologists,which names I didn't catch.They all agreed that they believe the murder of JBR will never be solved,for all the usual said reasons.The crime scene was too contaminated,and too much time has passed.They believe the medical examiner was correct in his examination on how JBR died,they don't beleive there will ever be a conclusion of who did it.

So,the buck stops here I guess,no one is even trying,no one has been trying for a long,long time.

But,when the tenth anniversary comes up this year,every one and their brother will be coming out of the woodwork,to write books,and appear on tv to make a buck.

capps said:
I also watched LKL last night.
It was about unsolved crimes.The panel was Mark Gergoes ( I know I mispelled his last name,he's the lawyer from the Scott Peterson trial),our buddy Henry Lee,and a few other lawyers and pathologists,which names I didn't catch.They all agreed that they believe the murder of JBR will never be solved,for all the usual said reasons.The crime scene was too contaminated,and too much time has passed.They believe the medical examiner was correct in his examination on how JBR died,they don't beleive there will ever be a conclusion of who did it.

So,the buck stops here I guess,no one is even trying,no one has been trying for a long,long time.

But,when the tenth anniversary comes up this year,every one and their brother will be coming out of the woodwork,to write books,and appear on tv to make a buck.

capps,

Maybe the reason the Ramsey case has never been "solved" is because it has already been solved. If children were involved in this murder then we'll never know the truth. The Colorado Children's Code will protect the identity of the young killers.

UNLESS the court has slapped a 30-year gag order on the evidence, the grand jury's findings, and the identity of the perp -- and when someone turns 40 he'll be established and able to psychologically handle the release of the information. Hmmm. Just 21 years to wait.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
capps,

Maybe the reason the Ramsey case has never been "solved" is because it has already been solved. If children were involved in this murder then we'll never know the truth. The Colorado Children's Code will protect the identity of the young killers.

UNLESS the court has slapped a 30-year gag order on the evidence, the grand jury's findings, and the identity of the perp -- and when someone turns 40 he'll be established and able to psychologically handle the release of the information. Hmmm. Just 21 years to wait.

BlueCrab
BC, I just find it hard to believe that in a case this well-known, and with the interest the press and the public have had, that no one has ever leaked this information. I just can't see this staying secret, if your theory is correct.

Part of me would like you to be right, then the only thing the Rs are guilty of is a coverup (setting aside their distasteful behavior of pointing fingers at others), and the only person who has gotten away with murder is kid, who should probably have a chance at a normal life...

sandraladeda said:
BC, I just find it hard to believe that in a case this well-known, and with the interest the press and the public have had, that no one has ever leaked this information. I just can't see this staying secret, if your theory is correct.

Part of me would like you to be right, then the only thing the Rs are guilty of is a coverup (setting aside their distasteful behavior of pointing fingers at others), and the only person who has gotten away with murder is kid, who should probably have a chance at a normal life...

sandraladeda,

I respectfully disagree that huge secrets can't be kept.

If my BDI theory is close to being right, then a lot of insiders likely know the truth -- but who's gonna step up to the plate and go to jail, get heavily fined, lose any professional licenses, and become unemployed, for publicly tattling and violating the court order? And who's gonna print it and receive the same treatment? IMO no one.

As far as keeping secrets, here's a good example: During world war II the nation launched the giant Manhattan Project and built the atomic bomb in complete secrecy. The thousands of employees across the country didn't even know what they were working on.

Secrets can be successfully kept.

BlueCrab

Linda7NJ said:
I found this

http://www.everetthealthcare.com/ce-crime.htm

I don't believe in psychics .....but you may be interested, this lady drew a picture of the murderer. Scroll down and click on Ramsey Case.

Linda7NJ,

I don't believe in supernatural things, but psychic detectives sure interest the hell out of me.

Carol Everett, the psychic in the UK, said that JonBenet's killer wore a uniform of some kind, but not a military uniform (she sketched him in your link above). I wonder if Brian Scott, the Ramseys gardner, wore a uniform.

BlueCrab

sandraladeda said:

I could not agree more. This is not to say BC's theory is impossible; but if it were known to be true to anyone other than the immediate families, it would have been leaked to the press by now.

BC, I'm not sure how secret the Manhattan Project was; I'll take your word that nobody knew about it outside those allowed to know. But that Project was developed during a time of national consensus that secrecy was a matter of life and death. ("Loose lips sink ships!")

You can't really compare that to the Ramsey case, which unfolded in the opposite climate, one in which everyone in the country wanted the truth revealed.

What's more, if juveniles killed JBR and this were known to officials investigating the case, you would have a wide variety of opinions re the reasonableness of Colorado law on the subject. Some of those who are outraged at a law that shields juvenile perps would have found a way to get the word out, I absolutely believe. Juvenile shield laws are far from perfect.

michelle said:
i seen her on LK last night but i didnt watch it, i used to like slyvia and think maybe she was right on some stuff, but then i started hearing stuff about her that shes a fake ect....I dont know, being raised in a strong christian family i was always taught to stay away and that these people are evil, but i know for myself i have had tons of dreams that have come true about things and that has convinced me that i think some people may be more sensitive to spiritual things, not that they are any better because i dont think that...but i think that its a gift from God and if it can help solve a murder case, go for it...I for one love the show Medium.....
I haven't managed to catch the show Medium but[some time ago]visited the Alison Dubois (?) website to see if she had an email address after reading an article in a magazine about her.
She seems pretty gifted and I wondered if she could help solve this case.
There was no email address and I couldn't think of any other way to contact her.
Living in America, there's no way she hasn't heard of JonBenet...so I conclude she has no answers.
Pity.

narlacat said:
I haven't managed to catch the show Medium but[some time ago]visited the Alison Dubois (?) website to see if she had an email address after reading an article in a magazine about her.
There was no email address and I couldn't think of any other way to contact her.
Living in America, there's no way she hasn't heard of JonBenet...so I conclude she has no answers.
Pity.
I watch Medium every monday i never miss it, i am extremely interested in people who have dreams that come true, or even if they are given a sign in a dream, i think it is a God given gift.....I have never personally been to a "psych" i think alot of them are full of it....JMO

narlacat said:
Pity.
she says you can write her and give her your email addy for a response http://www.allisondubois.com/contact.html

I've been reading For Laci by Sharon Rocha. In her book, she discusses a psychic who told Sharon one month prior to where the found the bodies where they would be and she was pretty accurate. I would love for this psychic to help with the JBR case.

I was watching TV the other night and saw a program involving psychic Phil Jordan who helped police solve a murder mystery, and I was wondering if he was ever asked to help in the JBR murder investigation. I searched our forums to find out, and instead found this thread. I pulled up Carol Everett's sketch of the JB murderer and found it to be much different than Dorothy Allison's sketch. While many people felt Ms. Allison's sketch resembled John Mark Karr, I thought Ms. Everett's sketch resembled John Andrew. Here are two links for you to look at:

http://www.everetthealthcare.com/jonbenet-r.htm
http://www.maketoast.com/familyphotos/people3jonbenet.html

Ms. Everett said that a relative was not the murderer, and John Andrew was cleared as a suspect, but a Ramsey neighbor did say that they saw John Andrew Christmas day. The man in Ms. Everett's sketch has a scar on his lip and is connected to a uniform in some way. Does anyone know if John Andrew has a scar and if he wore a uniform for any reason, such as employment?

Of course this is speculation, none of which is fact.

Ok here is what I know about mediums or dreamers as my mother calls herself. (No she is not insane but uncannily right when she has her dreams) My mother has been a prolific dreamer for many years meaning that most of her dreams come true and she has predicted things that she should never have been able to. She says that you do not choose which visions or people you see they choose you and that is why so many mediums and psychics can not solve some of the cases that we hink they should. She also said that JBR could be at peace and that is why no reputable psychic or medium has even attempted to make predictions. Just my mother two cents for what it worth..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back