Identified! MD - Frederick Co., Remains in shallow grave, Jun'17 - Victor Turcios-Valle

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
5956d28f08174.image.jpg

The Frederick County Sheriff's Office is investigating after human remains were found by a hiker this week off Gambrill Park Road north of Frederick Municipal Forest.

The remains were found in what investigators described as a shallow grave sometime Thursday evening. It was promptly reported to the sheriff's office, said Maj. Tim Clarke, a spokesman for the agency. Sheriff's office investigators remained on the scene Thursday into Friday to secure the remains and stayed for some time to investigate.
"We're clearly now focused on the identification of the individual ... [but] it's still going to be a difficult time for us to make an identification," Clarke said. "I don't even have any information as to gender or anything like that at this point. That'll be something that we'll still need assistance from the medical examiner's office on."

The remains were "significantly decomposed," and appear to have been in the grave for some time, but investigators were not ready to provide any estimates as of Friday.
https://www.fredericknewspost.com/p...cle_95c9dee5-4020-59ba-9389-2352457e47e7.html

OMG... I was just there, camping in Gambrill State Park last week! I camped in the Rock Creek campground in the park, last Wed. night, the 28th. To think that this was just up the road, and the remains were located the day I left the area... Freaky.

Human remains found by hiker in Frederick Co. identified as Md. man who had gone missing
37-year-old Victor Antonio Turcios-Valle had last been seen on April 2 by his family, according to police.

Officials at the Frederick County Sheriff's Office say they received a call on June 29 after the hiker found the "possible human remains" in some woods off of Gambrill Park Road. When deputies got to the scene, they say they confirmed that what the hiker found were human remains and set up a crime scene.

Turcios-Valle identity was confirmed through a DNA examination, according to police, and the death investigation remains ongoing.

http://wjla.com/news/local/human-re...-co-identified-as-md-man-who-had-gone-missing

"Investigation remains ongoing." Yeah, pretty sure he didn't end up dead in the woods by some accident. They still suspect homicide. *Shiver* I'm still really freaked by the fact that his body was found the day I left the park.

Victor, I'm so sorry it ended this way for you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back