Identified! FL - Palmetto Bay, Fem UP16802, 14-99, skeletal remains along nature trail, Jun'17 - Christine Pascale

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Skeletal remains found along a Palmetto Bay nature trail

The body, which was in parts, was found Tuesday by workers who were clearing out invasive species of brush from the 22-acre pedestrian nature preserve at the Palmetto Bay Village Center on Old Cutler Road.

“Given the condition of the remains, it is believed the body has been at that location for a number of weeks or months,” the center’s property manager, Ken Powell, said in a memo. (Powell retired Friday.) The village center is the site of the old Burger King headquarters.

Miami-Dade police closed off the park for several hours as its homicide unit gathered the remains. The body was found alongside a walking path underneath foliage and a tree canopy. Police would not disclose whether the body was that of a man or woman, only that it was an adult.

Decades after woman jumped from a plane, skeletal remains may solve her disappearance

For more than two decades, mystery has surrounded the disappearance of Christine Pascale, a troubled one-time pilot who hurled herself, without a parachute, from a small plane in an apparent suicide attempt over South Miami-Dade.

Investigators never found her body.

But Pascale’s relatives got a spark of hope last week when workers discovered skeletal remains hidden in the brush of a 22-acre nature preserve next to the Palmetto Bay Village Center on Old Cutler Road.
It might take months for forensic anthropologists to identify the skeletal remains, which were found in pieces as workers cleared out invasive plants. The bones may be too old to yield DNA for testing. But Miami-Dade homicide detectives and the medical examiner’s office are exploring the possibility that Pascale’s body might have finally surfaced.

Has anyone found out any more on these remains found? How long were these remains there?Are they getting DNA?

I'm still very interested in these remains found.Has anyone found out any more on these remains found? How long were these remains there?Are they getting DNA?

Ok.I think these remains are female.I think they are on NAMUS right now.Does anyone know any more or can please find out more on these remains found.I am very interested in them.
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16802
Scars and markspossibly had a surgical scar somewhere on right leg. There is a metal rod in the right tibia (right lower leg). The surgery would have been after October 1992.

Clothing on bodyTag from "Sasson" brand clothing item (possibly pants/shorts). Size is 15/16 average
Dark colored belt
Tag from Unknown clothing item, brand is "Partners, Mervyns". Size is M (medium).
Clothing with body
Footwearwhite shoes

here is a very good blog post about the case:
Kathryn's Report: Decades after woman jumped from a plane, skeletal remains may solve her disappearance

the uid was definitely deleted off namus. could anyone check if the fluiddb is still up? i only get a blank page whenever i try to access the db. :/
I hadn’t tried accessing Fuiddb for a while, but when a did try a couple weeks ago it wasn’t working and it’s not working to this day. I thought it had to do with me being in Europe, but now I fear it’s gone.. or maybe they are moving to a different site.

I hadn’t tried accessing Fuiddb for a while, but when a did try a couple weeks ago it wasn’t working and it’s not working to this day. I thought it had to do with me being in Europe, but now I fear it’s gone.. or maybe they are moving to a different site.

i'm also in europe. drives me insane to be shut out of half of all articles posted around here. hope they don't do it with fluiddb now. :(

I am in the US and I can’t get the link to work either. Nothing loads. Maybe the UID has been IDd and the family doesn’t want to share anything.
Thank you very much for checking. For me it’s the whole site that is not loading, not just this UID’s page. :mad: I hope it comes back soon.

November 20, 2021

[...]
DNA was also key in identifying skeletal remains hidden in the brush of a 22-acre nature preserve next to the Palmetto Bay Village Center on Old Cutler Road four years ago. Genetic testing revealed the remains were those of Christine Pascale, a troubled one-time pilot who hurled herself, without a parachute, from a small plane in an apparent suicide attempt over South Miami-Dade.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back