Father created sting to catch alleged predator targeting his daughter

yahhhhhhhhh!

wtg dad and family!

This could have ended very, very badly. I'm extremely happy it didn't but yeah... yikes.

That whole situation is ridiculous on so many levels. The father should never have been forced to resort to vigilantism.

From the article above, the father notified police who said they couldn’t help until the man did something so the dad decided to set up a sting.
Police say they do not condone vigilante justice, but are not filing any charges against the teen’s family.

Seriously. Where is the logic?

[The father] notified police who said they couldn’t help until the man did something so the dad decided to set up a sting.
<snip> http://wtnh.com/2017/06/30/father-c...leged-sexual-predator-targeting-his-daughter/

That is scary. So, LE couldn't help until the predator "did something"--i.e., kidnapped/raped the girl? I understand why the parents set up the sting. Knowing your daughter was being stalked, it would be better to lure the predator into a trap than wait for him to strike--when it could be too late. MOO

If there was correspondence between the girl and the man and he knew she was 15, why is there nothing they can do? That's solicitation of a minor etc, no?

Father created sting to catch alleged predator targeting his daughter

When this 33-year-old man walked into this Del City, Oklahoma backyard, what he got wasn&#8217;t what he was expecting. He was tackled by the family of a 15-year-old girl that he was coming to meet.

http://wtnh.com/2017/06/30/father-c...leged-sexual-predator-targeting-his-daughter/

With the press coverage, there may be some other teens who are willing to tell LE that this guy contacted them as well. Likely not his first fishing expedition, eh?

If there was correspondence between the girl and the man and he knew she was 15, why is there nothing they can do? That's solicitation of a minor etc, no?
I hate to say this, but my thought was that saying there was nothing they could do until the man 'did something' was an excuse for laziness. As you pointed out, the man had done something by stalking and soliciting a minor. JMO

My daughter would be facing some consequences, as well. She was planning to meet up with this guy! Plenty of 15 year olds have run off with said predator willingly, we see it all the time on WS. I was 15 once ... I remember. And I've already raised three children past that age. Don't let them fool you ... they aren't as stupid and innocent as they pretend to be. That sicko should be locked up and the daughter locked down. MOO as always.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back