GUILTY TN - April Anderson, 39, found murdered, Madison, 22 Nov 2005

aussiegran

Reaction score
April Dawn Anderson moved into a small Madison apartment earlier this year to escape an abusive relationship with her boyfriend in California, relatives said.

But in a pattern all too familiar to domestic violence experts, the two resumed talking in October and it wasn't long before Anderson, 39, allowed her boyfriend to move in with her in Tennessee. Last month, Anderson's body was found bound and gagged inside her apartment. Her boyfriend is charged with her killing.

He came out here and said everything was going to be better," said her sister, Tina Anderson. "But now he's killed her."

http://www.ashlandcitytimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051229/NEWS03/512290384/1291/MTCN01
:( :( :(

We have seen some of the most horrible domestic violence cases in the last couple of years. By domestic violence, I am talking about two or more people who live together, whether they be parents and children, siblings, or bf/gf. And it seems that the murders are increasing in the amount of violence that occurs. Each murder seems to get more extreme, torture is sometimes involved. Recurring themes are drugs and mental health issues as well as the usual money, jealousy issues.
It is scary, and troubling. I don't understand the reasons why. Is it due to the breakup of the old fashioned family unit? A prelude to the end of the world, an erosion of family values, the work of the devil, the results of economics, a combination of all of the above, or a world gone mad?
I see a lot of different theories, but I see no solutions. It keeps escalatiing. Will we someday be reduced to living in seculsion, in armed fortresses, leaving them only to mate then hurrying back? Kicking children out at an early age, lest they too join the madness.
It used to be that a home was considered to be a person's safty zome. Lately, it ofter seems to be more a site for an impending murder.
I don't know, but if things keep escalating at the current rate, I really fear for future generations.

I don't know if anyone has ever heard this song, but I think of it often.

Some kids have and some kids don't
And some of us are wondering why
And Mom won't watch the news at night
There's too much stuff that's making her cry
We need some help
Down here on earth
A thousand prayers, a million words
But one voice was heard.

A house, a yard, a neighborhood
Where you can ride your new bike to school
A kind a world where mom and dad
Still believe the golden rule
Life's not that simple
Down here on earth
A thousand prayers, a million words
But one voice was heard.
http://www.billygilmanfansite.com/lyrics/onevoice.html

From February 2010:

http://www.tba.org/tba_files/TCCA/2010/sydnors_020310.pdf

A Davidson County Criminal Court jury convicted the appellant, Steven Bernard Sydnor, of second degree murder and theft of property valued between $1,000 and $10,000. He received a total effective sentence of twenty-five years in the Tennessee Department of Correction...

Officer Shane Fairbanks of the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department testified that on November 22, 2005, he was driving down Sylvan Street toward South Seventh Street when he saw the appellant walking down South Seventh Street. When the appellant saw Officer Fairbanks, he walked toward the officer with his hands in the air as if he were surrendering... The appellant told Officer Fairbanks that he wanted to turn himself in...

Detective James Fuqua of the Metropolitan Police Department testified that he was one of the officers who responded to the victim’s apartment at 714 Due West Avenue. Detective Fuqua saw the victim’s body on a blanket in the back bedroom of the apartment. Her wrists were bound behind her back with a riveted black leather belt, her ankles were bound together with another black leather belt, and a black coaxial cable looped between the hand and foot bindings, drawing her limbs together behind her back in a “hog-tie” fashion...

Just as an update, Steve Sydnor (April Anderson's murderer) is trying for an early release. I don't know yet if he's trying it through the parole board or if he's trying to appeal the ruling. We (her family) are trying to find out more information as I type this. Please, pray for us. As we find out more info, I will try to keep this post updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974
Back