GUILTY FL - Makeva Jenkins, 33, shot to death hours after FB post, 28 June 2017 *Arrest*

Dénouement

Reaction score
13882628_10210544590230717_399097153380144079_n.jpg

LAKE WORTH, Fla. – A day after a mother of three was shot in the head by a masked gunman, a Facebook post and the victim's stolen car could be clues in helping investigators find her killer, reports CBS affiliate WPEC.

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputies say Makeva Jenkins was gunned down early Thursday morning in her home in unincorporated Lantana.

Deputies say Jenkins was shot in the head just feet from her three children and relatives.

According to the Palm Beach Post, Jenkins was 33, married, and mother to a 1-year-old, a 7-year-old, and a 13-year-old. The paper reports that the suspected killer knocked on Jenkins' door around 2 a.m. Tuesday and after shooting her, fled in her car. It was found abandoned a short distance away.

WPEC reports that just hours before her murder, Jenkins posted a reflection of sorts on Facebook, celebrating her life's success and ability to go from homelessness to becoming a business owner. Jenkins managed The Prime Enterprise Group, which creates business plans and marketing strategies for entrepreneurs and small businesses, according to the Palm Beach Post.

"We overcame being homeless in 2013/2014 to reaching my six figure mark in 2015 to now making multi six figures. No matter what the road looked like, I followed my heart and stuck with it growing my business," Jenkins wrote late Wednesday.

Another point of focus for the investigation will likely be Jenkins' car.

"One of the biggest parts of this case is that her car was stolen and recovered," Tom Whatley, a retired police detective, told WPEC.

"There's going to be a lot of information obtained from that car, whether it's DNA, whether it's prints."

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is asking anyone with any information to call PBSO or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers. Tipsters can remain anonymous.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mom-slain-hours-after-posting-about-her-financial-success-on-facebook/

Not sure why she doesn't already have a post

Thanks for posting! I wonder who might have been following her that had some hate in their heart for her success (jealousy maybe)? It doesn't sound random.

thanks for starting this thread. Glad she has a place here now. Heartbreaking for those who knew and loved her. Her children... ugh. Poor babies...

What a great woman. Shame on who did this - hope you are caught right now.

Gunman allowed children to leave the house. Told husband and wife to lay on floor. Shoots wife in the head. Leaves....bumping Makeva to the top.....

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-of-threes-post-about-income-led-to-her-death

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

The murderer got to the home (on foot?) and stole their car; and we know it's a male.
Maybe he drove off in their car to his own waiting car OR to an accomplice waiting for him. He asked for the keys or saw them laying there, or checked her purse for them....I guess.
How'd he get in?
There's going to be a size, ethnicity description, and a voice description. So much to wonder about. Hope he is caught really soon.
A young woman with babes taken away way too early!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How sad. This woman had overcome so much, only to have her life violently taken from her. So many questions come to my mind, like:

• Are LE certain it was Makeva who made the post about her 6-figure income on FB? Can they determine the exact time of the post, where it was posted from (did anyone else have access to her account), and who was online when it was posted?

• Did the intruder wear a mask? Did any of the adults, or even the children, in the home recognize him?

• Where did the children go when they were sent out of the house?

• Why was Makeva alone shot? Was there an altercation between Makeva and the intruder? If so, what was it over?

• Was anything stolen from the home other than the vehicle which was later abandoned? Was anything stolen from the vehicle?

I hope Makeva's killer is identified and apprehended soon. Rest peacefully, beautiful lady. :rose:

How sad. This woman had overcome so much, only to have her life violently taken from her. So many questions come to my mind, like:

• Are LE certain it was Makeva who made the post about her 6-figure income on FB? Can they determine the exact time of the post, where it was posted from (did anyone else have access to her account), and who was online when it was posted?

• Did the intruder wear a mask? Did any of the adults, or even the children, in the home recognize him?

• Why was Makeva alone shot? Was there an altercation between Makeva and the intruder? If so, what was it over?

• Was anything stolen from the home other than the vehicle which was later abandoned? Was anything stolen from the vehicle?

I hope Makeva's killer is identified and apprehended soon. Rest peacefully, beautiful lady. :rose:
Why was the husband not harmed?

Right......all very good questions, Indy.

The murderer got to the home (on foot?) and stole their car; and we know it's a male.
Maybe he drove off in their car to his own waiting car OR to an accomplice waiting for him. He asked for the keys or saw them laying there, or checked her purse for them....I guess.
How'd he get in?
There's going to be a size, ethnicity description, and a voice description. So much to wonder about. Hope he is caught really soon.
A young woman with babes taken away way too early!

ETA: This makes the intrusion seem staged, doesn't it? MOO
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BBM This. Doesn't make sense. If he lived close by, why steal a vehicle only to abandon it a short distance away. Also, why would he need to drive to where the get-away driver waited--seems he would park nearby with engine running. I cannot think of a reason why the intruder would steal a vehicle only to abandon it. :thinking: How far away did he abandon it? Wonder if it was near where he lived. That would be real smart. :facepalm: But, fortunately, it would make it easier for LE to locate him.

Why was the husband not harmed?

Yes. And reportedly there were other "relatives" in the home--if I understand correctly, besides the husband and children. Who were they and why were they not harmed either? Very strange.

Dénouement;13474868 said:
13882628_10210544590230717_399097153380144079_n.jpg

LAKE WORTH, Fla. – A day after a mother of three was shot in the head by a masked gunman, a Facebook post and the victim's stolen car could be clues in helping investigators find her killer, reports CBS affiliate WPEC.

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputies say Makeva Jenkins was gunned down early Thursday morning in her home in unincorporated Lantana.

Deputies say Jenkins was shot in the head just feet from her three children and relatives.

According to the Palm Beach Post, Jenkins was 33, married, and mother to a 1-year-old, a 7-year-old, and a 13-year-old. The paper reports that the suspected killer knocked on Jenkins' door around 2 a.m. Tuesday and after shooting her, fled in her car. It was found abandoned a short distance away.

WPEC reports that just hours before her murder, Jenkins posted a reflection of sorts on Facebook, celebrating her life's success and ability to go from homelessness to becoming a business owner. Jenkins managed The Prime Enterprise Group, which creates business plans and marketing strategies for entrepreneurs and small businesses, according to the Palm Beach Post.

"We overcame being homeless in 2013/2014 to reaching my six figure mark in 2015 to now making multi six figures. No matter what the road looked like, I followed my heart and stuck with it growing my business," Jenkins wrote late Wednesday.

Another point of focus for the investigation will likely be Jenkins' car.

"One of the biggest parts of this case is that her car was stolen and recovered," Tom Whatley, a retired police detective, told WPEC.

"There's going to be a lot of information obtained from that car, whether it's DNA, whether it's prints."

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is asking anyone with any information to call PBSO or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers. Tipsters can remain anonymous.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mom-slain-hours-after-posting-about-her-financial-success-on-facebook/

Not sure why she doesn't already have a post
This is so sad, to see her rise from homelessness to being a business owner and for her life to be taken like this, 😢

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I think the motive is robbery but it's also looking like a personal thing like someone was jealous and wanted payback or something? She alone was shot not the hubby and the kids allowed to leave...the person was angry at her alone.

I think the motive is robbery but it's also looking like a personal thing like someone was jealous and wanted payback or something? She alone was shot not the hubby and the kids allowed to leave...the person was angry at her alone.

There is no indication of stolen goods. The car was stolen and abandoned a short distance away....the situation sounds hinky to me.

It has been a week since Makeva was murdered. Is there no description of her killer? Does the home have security cameras? Surely, many of the homes in the neighborhood do have security cameras. Any footage of the perp arriving on the scene? Any security footage in the area where the abandoned vehicle was located?

This is incredible, and things don't Add up, to me.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back