Found Deceased Canada - Mark Pearson, 58, Toronto, 29 June 2017

Whiskers16

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Mark Pearson, 58, was last seen on Thursday, June 29, 2017, at 3:45 p.m., in the Queen Street East and Wheeler Avenue area.

He is described as 5’10", 180 lbs., short blonde hair, last seen wearing a black T-shirt with white writing, khaki pants and brown Topsider shoes.

Police are concerned for his safety.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/38399

Photo from link:
36aa5d4be6d02faf8495764be0f014d8.jpg

Bumping for Mark, hope more information will be forthcoming.

Hope Mark is safe....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Mark is wearing a Toronto Hydroplane & Sailing Club shirt in his FB profile picture, perhaps this is his sailing club? The club is at Ashbridge's Bay which is about 2 km west of his last known location at Queen St E & Wheeler in The Beaches. I wonder if he may have walked or biked over there the afternoon of his disappearance?

I wonder why they're concerned for his safety? Is he on foot?

The motorcycle on his FB page is gorgeous - it would get attention anywhere. Yesterday (before I saw this thread) I noticed a small crowd of people, and about 10 motorcycles parked at the intersection where he was reportedly last seen. Not unusual but if he belongs to a biker club (not gang) maybe they were meeting up to search.

The beaches has been packed with people for four days.

No news as to mode of transportation if so....

Hey guys I'm a former neighbour of Mark and have known him a bit for years now. Him disappearing is definitely out of character. I've been following closely on social media from fellow friends and neighbors that we have in common including his wife who I also know and family.

The police report states he was last seen at queen street east and wheeler avenue at 3:45pm. According to a few of his family members and friends they say he was last seen at the Toronto Hydroplane and Sailing Club at Ashbridges Bay around 9pm Thursday evening. He could've been on his boat.

I'm still awaiting response as to if he was on his boat and if his boat is still at the marina. I'm also wondering if the marina has any security footage or not.

His wife has said that they will be arranging a search for him at some point where friends and family can help out but haven't heard anything in a couple days about it.

I'm really hoping they find him alive and well and am hoping to get more info so we can find him

Welcome Abenn14, thank you for joining us.
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

So nothing new regarding his disappearance. No response from anybody about whether his boat is still at the marina or not. I'd assume it is as the police would've said last seen on the lake. His wife a few days ago said police were organizing a search and would let us know when she got details so we could help but I guess they haven't said anything to her yet.

As someone who knows Mark I do not believe his case is linked to the Andrew Kinsman case in regards with it being a crime against someone from the LGBT community as he is straight and has a wife. Also, he went missing at Ashbridges Bay.

A few of us have tried reaching news media to get the case on tv but they haven't responded. I assume since it doesn't seem like a suspicious disappearance both police and the media won't put too much effort into the case.

So nothing new regarding his disappearance. No response from anybody about whether his boat is still at the marina or not. I'd assume it is as the police would've said last seen on the lake. His wife a few days ago said police were organizing a search and would let us know when she got details so we could help but I guess they haven't said anything to her yet.

As someone who knows Mark I do not believe his case is linked to the Andrew Kinsman case in regards with it being a crime against someone from the LGBT community as he is straight and has a wife. Also, he went missing at Ashbridges Bay.

A few of us have tried reaching news media to get the case on tv but they haven't responded. I assume since it doesn't seem like a suspicious disappearance both police and the media won't put too much effort into the case.
Hi Abenn14- thank you for the info. There is little info to go on and why all seems quiet. But will guess that LE is watching as well we continue to look for info. Please continue to let post with any info. Thank you very much.
Hope He is safe....

Just heard that a male body has been recovered from the docks at Ashbridges Bay. Will try to link to Twitter (not sure how to do it from the Twitter app!). Identity not released as yet but this is the same area where Mark went missing.

https://twitter.com/680news/status/883660201093713920

Hope that works...

The body of a male has been recovered near the docks at Ashbridges Bay.

Emergency personnel were called to the area of Coxwell Avenue and Lakeshore Boulevard East around 7 a.m. Saturday.

Paramedics tell CityNews that it appears the body may have been in the water for quite some time.

http://www.citynews.ca/2017/07/08/male-body-recovered-water-ashbridges-bay/

I'm an old friend of Marks - any news on the body yet. We're very worried.

I am surprised it's been so quiet. The discovery of the body has not been mentioned on the Beaches FB page at all (as far as I can see) or on any of the community "Find Mark" posts. Unfortunately, if (heaven forbid) Mark did drown when he went missing that Thursday, the timing would be about right for him to be found in the water. So sad to even to type those words... someone has lost a loved one...

I can understand. The body found Saturday morning has not been identified. See the following report given. Hopfully Mark is safe....

Police confirm they found the body of an adult male in the water but say they are still investigating the circumstances of the death.

Toronto police forensic experts are investigating after the body of a man was found floating in a marina in Ashbridges Bay on Saturday morning.

A staff sergeant from 55 Division said police were called to the Toronto Hydroplane and Sailing Club at 20 Ashbridges Bay Park Road at about 7 a.m. for a report of a body floating in the water.

Forensic experts and the marine unit responded to the scene.

The age of the man has not yet been determined. A process to identify the man is underway.

Police say they are still working to determine the circumstances that led to the discovery.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/body-of-man-found-floating-in-marina-in-ashbridges-bay-1.3494575

No updates today...we will continue to hope Mark is safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back