Identified! UT - Washington Co, North Creek near Virgin, WhtMale 35-45, UP13357, skeletal remains, Sept'14 - Michael Lance Milliken

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Skull remains unidentified three years after its discovery[/h]
In September 2014, kayakers who had been in the North Creek just above Virgin, found a human skull, according to police. The skull was found a day after heavy rain had flooded the area. When searchers went back to the area, more remains, including a pelvis, were found.

The state medical examiner determined the remains belonged to a white man, between 35 to 45 years old, between 5-foot-6 and 6-foot-1, who likely died sometime between 2009 and 2014. The man also had "well-healed fractures to his nose and skull and poor dental work," according to a press release from Springdale police.

A report from the medical examiner's office concluded the fractures were caused either by "a blunt force blow to the right side of the head or the head hitting a blunt object during a fall."

But there were no reports of missing people in the area. And Wright said he doesn’t remember any unsolved cases that would match this.
DNA from the skeletal remains sent to Texas has not gotten a hit on any databases, including national systems for missing people.
Pictures of the Skeletal Remains and location they were found at link: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...entified-three-years-after-its-discovery.html

Randall Irvin disappeared in 2011 from Hurricane, UT in Wash. County. It's approx. 45 minutes from Virgin, UT where these remains were located. I've not yet found any reference to prior head or nose injuries nor can I see his teeth to try to determine whether he'd fit the "poor dental work" description. I suppose it's possible the injuries could have happened after his 2011 disappearance such that they're not described on his MP profile. I'll submit him for a comparison.

UT - UT - Randall Craig Irvin, 51, Hurricane, Utah, 12/16/2011.
Randall Craig Irvin – The Charley Project
Randall Irvin
img_50591.jpeg

ETA - I wonder how they overlooked Randall's MP case given he's missing from nearby?:confused:

from @Gardener1850 post above -
"But there were no reports of missing people in the area. And Wright said he doesn't remember any unsolved cases that would match this."

Last edited:
The above article also states
"Based on the fractures, Wright believes, "it's either a suicide or a homicide."
My theory is that he committed suicide by jumping from a high area in Zion National Park and then the heavy rain in September 2014 caused flooding that moved his remains into the North Creek
MOO
**Edit** I meant to write Zion National Park area.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back