Reaction score
1118UMFL.jpg

Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on June 8, 1982 in Orlando, Orange County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: June 8, 1982
Cause of Death: Accidental

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 25-28 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"; 136-138 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair, average length 10-12"; brown eyes. Sparse beard and mustache, brownish in color.
Clothing: Blue jeans; red t-shirt with the inscription, "Sebastian Inlet Surf Club"; red vinyl jacket; red socks; knee-hi boots. The heel of the left boot was detached from the sole.
Jewelry: Broken silver metallic necklace.
Personal Effects: Pipe, match book, and 3 cents in change were located with the victim.
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available; FBI NMPDD.

Case History
The victim was located at the 1st floor of the Atlantic Bank building (which was under construction), at 20 North Orange Avenue, Orlando, Florida on June 8, 1982.
The victim died from an accidental fall.

The man was stopped by police in October 1981 and June 1982 and identified himself as Adam Kadmon. The man claimed to be homeless. The man told police he recently moved to Orlando from Melbourne Beach, Fla.
Police said they could not identify the man using the information given.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Orlando Police Department
Detective Andre Boren
407-246-2973
--
District Nine Medical Examiner
Sheri Blanton
407-836-9400
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
ME: 1982-00451;
PD: 1982-36343-L

NCIC Number:
U-84002279
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
FLUIDDB
NamUs
Orlando Police Department
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1118umfl.html

NamUs profile: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/612?page=images

I found that Adam Kadmon is a phrase in the religious writings of Kabbalah meaning "original man" or "universal man". I'm thinking this was like a "Alexander Supertramp" type alias.

Another thing I found interesting is he was found wearing a jacket in June. According to https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Florida/Places/orlando-weather-in-june.php "The temperature only rarely dips to 60 °F (16 °C) or below on a June night" in Orlando. During the day in June it averages 91 (high) and 72 (low).

Melbourne Beach is a little over an hour from Orlando. Melbourne's population is around 3,000 and Orlando is over 200,000. Could be a move to a big city from a small town kind of deal.

I think they should publicize this case in Melbourne so somebody's memory might be triggered. And in Orlando as well, according to the police sightings he had been in Orlando at least 10 months. Someone must have took him in at some point, associated with him, or he maybe could have done odd jobs.

So he most likely is from Melbourne beach. I just searched the "Sebastian Inlet Surf Club" that was on his shirt and found out it's a surf shop in Melbourne Beach. The current shop was opened in 2012, so not the same one our doe had been to. The company is listed on FICompanyDB as first being incorporated on 21st March 1979.

The surf shop is near Sebastian inlet state park which is a famous surf spot professionals such as Kelly Slater have been known to surf. I found an article that states it was the perfect wave for the past 35 years. The article is from 2017 so that places the start in 1982, the year our doe was found.

Someone who's an admin. How do I change the title? I accidentally posted it as June the 7th which is my mother's b-day (oops!) instead of the 8th.

Many thanks a head of time!

Thanks sooo much for posting this guy I was actually looking at his page a while back[emoji4]

You're welcome! I stumbled upon him while looking for another case. I was surprised I've never seen his case before! I was surprised I couldn't find his thread on here.

He seems very young to be a pipe-smoker in that era.

Unless it could have been used for smoking weed?

I'm guessing it was used for drugs. Crack is also sometimes smoked with a pipe

I wonder if they have a toxicology report from his autopsy. With items wore or found with the body I wish they had pictures. Pipe is pretty vague. Could be any type of pipe. With him being from a beach town I'm leading toward it being used for weed.

I wish they publicized the shirt he was wearing, because someone may remember seeing someone wearing the design.

Also with the knee-hi boots, I'm having a hard time picturing them on a male. Were they combat boots? Cowboy boots? Rain boots?

Another thing I found interesting is him wandering around a construction site alone seems odd to me. I'm sure it's possible it could have happened that way, but when people explore places like that they usually aren't alone. I'm wondering if he had friends with him that fled after it happened and haven't spoke of it since out of guilt of what happened or something. Another thing I was wondering is if he intoxicated when it happened.

The reason I'm wondering if there were people there to witness his death is because there used to be a place near where I live that was an old abandoned factory. Teenagers/young adults would go down there at night to drink and explore the site. A couple people have gotten injured there and one person died after falling through the floor. They have since torn the building down for that reason.

I found that Adam Kadmon is a phrase in the religious writings of Kabbalah meaning "original man" or "universal man".

That's a pretty esoteric (pun intended) bit of information. Obviously today we can simply look stuff like this up on the web but in the early 1980s I'm guessing that that Kabbalistic information would be much less accessible. This suggests that he may well have had an association with high magick temple or gnostic group, either in the Orlando area or elsewhere.

I wonder if the police explored this angle. I'm guessing not.

That's a pretty esoteric (pun intended) bit of information. Obviously today we can simply look stuff like this up on the web but in the early 1980s I'm guessing that that Kabbalistic information would be much less accessible. This suggests that he may well have had an association with high magick temple or gnostic group, either in the Orlando area or elsewhere.

I wonder if the police explored this angle. I'm guessing not.

I've wondered that too, if the police even picked up on his alias. Him being part of a religious group makes more sense to me. I was just thinking he may have just been Jewish. I'm going to ask my step-mother who is Jewish if she knows anything about Adam Kadmon.

Just doing an internet search I found some weird occult stuff on Adam Kadmon, spooky!

This man reminds me of John Troha but there is no indication that John would have gone from MI to FL. John was also slightly heavier, but of course weight loss is alway possible (though seemingly not for me!!!)
Thumbnail

www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/1760?nav

Or Timothy McCarty - is there a possibility he wasn't entirely truthful about his travel/location?
Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

There’s only 2 reasons I can think of for knee high boots on a male.
1. most likely they were riding boots either black military style or leather horse riding style.
2. A trans type lifestyle which looking at the hair and the red vinyl jacket, that’s a possibility but I don’t get that vibe here.

Clothing: Blue jeans; red t-shirt with the inscription, "Sebastian Inlet Surf Club"; red vinyl jacket; red socks; knee-hi boots. The heel of the left boot was detached from the sole.

NamUS states the socks were yellow. Doenetwork states the socks were red.

Clothing
A pair of blue jeans were present along with a red t-shirt with "Sebastian Inlet Surf Club" inscribed on it. A red vinyl jacket and yellow socks were also present.

You're welcome! I stumbled upon him while looking for another case. I was surprised I've never seen his case before! I was surprised I couldn't find his thread on here.

I wonder if they have a toxicology report from his autopsy. With items wore or found with the body I wish they had pictures. Pipe is pretty vague. Could be any type of pipe. With him being from a beach town I'm leading toward it being used for weed.

I wish they publicized the shirt he was wearing, because someone may remember seeing someone wearing the design.

Also with the knee-hi boots, I'm having a hard time picturing them on a male. Were they combat boots? Cowboy boots? Rain boots?

Another thing I found interesting is him wandering around a construction site alone seems odd to me. I'm sure it's possible it could have happened that way, but when people explore places like that they usually aren't alone. I'm wondering if he had friends with him that fled after it happened and haven't spoke of it since out of guilt of what happened or something. Another thing I was wondering is if he intoxicated when it happened.
I found this pic of a shirt that may resemble what he was wearing.

Attachments

• FF7D7A23-8E14-4AD0-806D-63E42A2D3A00.jpeg
    FF7D7A23-8E14-4AD0-806D-63E42A2D3A00.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 7

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members