TX TX - Ben Lund, 19, Killeen, 13 June 2005

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Killeen police and a Houston investigative firm continue to search for an Elkhart teen who has been missing since the summer.

Ben Lund, 19, was last seen at a Harker Heights H-E-B grocery store wearing blue jeans and a white T-shirt on June 13, according to investigator Lance Lowry of Lowry & Associates, the Houston firm enlisted by Lund's family to find their son.

Lund's 1999 Nissan Sentra was found four days later, abandoned on the 1900 block of Wood Avenue in Killeen, said Killeen Police Department spokeswoman Carroll Smith.

More: http://www.wacotrib.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/12/30/20051230wacpolicereport.html

I shop at that HEB all the time. I remember when they found the car. Wood Ave is not in a good area of town. The 1900 block is duplexes. My sons call that area crack city. I don't think this boy drove there on his own. I don't even show homes in that area unless one of my sons is with me. I'm glad his family has a PI working on the case, sad to say I don't have a lot of confidence in KPD solving this case.

This boy has been missing for almost 7 months....not good. Sounds like someone either yanked him out of his car and then drove the car to that bad part of town or something like that. I wonder if they will ever be able to prove that the person he had had trouble with was involved....if he was. His poor parents.

This is sad, and the first I am hearing about this.... The holidays must have been rough for his family. Thanks for the info SadieMae

They have put up a billboard on Veteran Memorial for Ben. When I saw his billboard it was the first that I had ever heard of his case. Just too much unknown.

Where on Veteren's BLVD is it located allison?

I know the area well, we were at Hood for nine years. 2000-2009.

I didn't hear about Ben either until the year before we left.

Where on Veteren's BLVD is it located allison?

I know the area well, we were at Hood for nine years. 2000-2009.

I didn't hear about Ben either until the year before we left.

The billboard is pretty close to WS Young. If you turn right at the Hastings it is a bit further down.
I have been looking around the internet for some more info on this case since this is the first time that I have heard about it. Just really just the same write up on every site that I have looked at. It would be a good thing to look closer at his "friend" that he left with that night that returned without him. I see that looking at Beth's blog that they have gotten the run around from the KPD. They have/had a person that they wanted to interview pertaining to the disappearance but that is about all of the different info that is stated in her blog compared to any information that is avaliable on the internet.
I lived in Temple at the time of his disappearance but never heard anything about it.

We have another member here who's sister is missing from Killeen. She got the run around too. Big time IIRC.

Every great once in a while the Killeen Daily Herald will run an article about a few of the missing persons from the Killeen, Copperas Cove, Harker Heights (and Hood area) but not very often.

I think they should do it at least once a year. JMHO.

It's stated that he had a history of "drug/alcohol abuse" and had been to rehab. I wonder what kind of drugs he was into.

He's been missing for so long with such little progress that I thought knowing that might help out a little bit if his disappearance were drug related. Drug abusers seem to run in different circles depending on what kind they use (i.e. coke "scene", heroin scene, meth scene, etc). Dealers aren't usually like Walmart (i.e. having a plethora of different kinds available).

With the drug use in mind, I thought that would be related to his being on probation. But no, he was on probation for using a fake ID to get cigarettes. Talk about a victim-less crime! I can't believe that would be bad enough for probation to be involved.
When I was in first-grade, I would run with friends to get cartons of cigarettes for their parents. Times change awful quick.

There's a UID from Texas (2011) that had drug paraphernalia nearby, but the kind is not stated (apparent investigative secret).
Lund is not (thus far) listed as a rule out.

TX - Fort Worth, WhtMale Skeletal (UP 9745), 20-35, Drug Paraphanalia Nearby, Nov'11
NamUs UP # 9745

Any update on if Ben Lund has been ruled out as the UID from Ft Worth?

Don't know, he's not listed as ruled out though.

Ben has been missing for 10 years, so sad.

Very sad. Such a long time for his family to be in limbo, not knowing anything. He had family in that vicinity. Also Ft. Worth is a straight shot from Killeen on I-35. Hope the authorities explore the possibility that its him. I am new to this, so I have no idea how long these things take to test.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back