Found Deceased Ireland - Tina Satchwell, 45, Youghal, Co. Cork, 20 March 2017 *arrest*

Ironside

Reaction score
What took him so long to report her missing?!
Makes me worry, as does the fact there have been no confirmed sightings :S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I've become too sceptical :/
Wonder if they had recently had an argument which made him less concerned that she hadn't come home?

Hoping that she's left to start a new life somewhere, but I think that's highly unlikely

I guess I've become too sceptical :/
Wonder if they had recently had an argument which made him less concerned that she hadn't come home?

Hoping that she's left to start a new life somewhere, but I think that's highly unlikely

Funnily enough her husband claims she fought with her family a lot. So it's odd he assumed she upped and went to stay with them. Her family says the couple were never apart.

As for a new life he claims she took two suitcases and a huge amount of cash so that covers him nicely. No cctv of her leaving the house even though they live on a main road with cctv cameras.

Strange radio interview here with the husband, it starts approx 10 minutes in. Apparently she is "too vain" to harm herself.

http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/neil-prendeville-on-redfm/

I can see why her family are so concerned.

Funnily enough her husband claims she fought with her family a lot. So it's odd he assumed she upped and went to stay with them. Her family says the couple were never apart.

As for a new life he claims she took two suitcases and a huge amount of cash so that covers him nicely. No cctv of her leaving the house even though they live on a main road with cctv cameras.

Strange radio interview here with the husband, it starts approx 10 minutes in. Apparently she is "too vain" to harm herself.

http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/neil-prendeville-on-redfm/

I can see why her family are so concerned.

It doesn't sound like she was working at the time, and he wasn't working either, so where did this huge amount of money (10000€+) come from?

Interview is odd, I don't think someone can be too vain to kill themself?

She has never worked in her life. He has said he has provided everything for her and would even miss paying bills so she could buy things. Their house is stuffed with tat. He claims she was living a woman's dream as he bought her €40,000 worth of jewellery.

He is a lorry driver now. He previously was in trouble for benefit fraud.

The alleged €25,000 she took came from the sale of a previous house. There is a credit union across the road from their house so it seems pretty stupid to have huge wads of cash lying around the place.

I instantly thought of Helen Bailey and think this case is going the same way.

This also reminds me of a case from Germany - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?320089-Germany-Dorota-Galuszka-Graniecznyan-29-S%FCsterseel-18-Oct-2016

She told her husband she was leaving, then apparently left the house and hadn't been seen since and he only reported her missing after 3 days.

If Tina had a history of leaving him, then it would make sense if he waited before reporting it but I can't see any evidence of this.

I'm finding this all very creepy - I might be out of line in suggesting this but there are elements that make me think about an abusive relationship - that they did everything together, she argued with her family, and the comments about her "living a woman's dream". JMO obviously but just something I can't put my finger on

This also reminds me of a case from Germany - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?320089-Germany-Dorota-Galuszka-Graniecznyan-29-S%FCsterseel-18-Oct-2016

She told her husband she was leaving, then apparently left the house and hadn't been seen since and he only reported her missing after 3 days.

If Tina had a history of leaving him, then it would make sense if he waited before reporting it but I can't see any evidence of this.

I'm finding this all very creepy - I might be out of line in suggesting this but there are elements that make me think about an abusive relationship - that they did everything together, she argued with her family, and the comments about her "living a woman's dream". JMO obviously but just something I can't put my finger on
Totally agree!

Might be his idea of 'a womans dream' but, it's not mine and may not have been hers ...

Did they have children?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Totally agree!

Might be his idea of 'a womans dream' but, it's not mine and may not have been hers ...

Did they have children?

No kids, he said he wanted kids but she didn't so that is a sacrifice he made for her. They had two dogs which were like her babies so it's very strange she didn't take them with her. At least Ian Stewart had the sense to get rid of the dog.

No kids, he said he wanted kids but she didn't so that is a sacrifice he made for her. They had two dogs which were like her babies so it's very strange she didn't take them with her. At least Ian Stewart had the sense to get rid of the dog.
Giving him the benefit of doubt ... some women who leave the family home, leave their actual children behind too.

Don't know much about this case so I'll have bedtime reading to do tonight I think!

Giving him the benefit of doubt ... some women who leave the family home, leave their actual children behind too.

Don't know much about this case so I'll have bedtime reading to do tonight I think!

Renata Antczak "left" her children and hadn't been heard from since. Just one example I can think of.

Have a nose at the links in my op it's all very strange indeed.

Us? Cynical and jaded? Never!

Like the rest of you I see shades of Helen & Renata (and countless others). Hoping this one ends better.

Goodness, wonder if he followed Helen's case...certainly seems to have followed the pattern.
Just waiting now to hear if friends/family asked where she was and this prompted him to report her *missing*

without saying anything? wtf?

Indeed..........and that after having sent him off, half an hour drive up the coast, just to go to Aldi and buy fish !

eta , there are some 15 supermarkets in Youghal, including a Lidl - just sayin

Very similar to the Helen Bailey Case and after listening to that radio interview he seems to be on the defence in a passive aggressive way ... If any of what he has said is remotely true, then we can rule out suicide I think, why take all that money if you have plans to end your life. And if she has planned to disappear of her own accord why has someone not come forward to say, in ireland if a middle aged woman suddenly turned up in my neck of the woods, on her own, paying cash for everything and that coincides with a woman going missing with a large sum of cash, surely someone would have come forward even if anonymously

If any of what he has said is remotely true, then we can rule out suicide I think, why take all that money if you have plans to end your life. And if she has planned to disappear of her own accord why has someone not come forward to say, in ireland if a middle aged woman suddenly turned up in my neck of the woods, on her own, paying cash for everything and that coincides with a woman going missing with a large sum of cash, surely someone would have come forward even if anonymously

What I find interesting is that he only mentioned the large sum of money being taken recently. He was on Crimecall (Irish version of Crimewatch) appealing for information but only mentioned that she'd taken money after appearing on national tv. Why would he fail to mention such a thing until recently?

Tina seems to be an eccentric and unique woman, I simply don't believe she could go unnoticed for months in Ireland. She would be the talk of the town wherever she showed up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back