Congressman Steve Scalise Back in I.C.U - Has Surgery to Control Infection

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This thread is to discuss Congressman Steve Scalise and his current condition and anythnig related.

If you want to argue politics please go to Politivent and choose your thread.

As long as there is no arguing about politics there will be no problems.

Thank you,

Representative Steve Scalise had surgery on Thursday to control an infection that led him to be moved back into a Washington hospital’s intensive care unit the day before, the hospital said in a statement.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/us/politics/steve-scalise-condition-update.html?_r=0

According to the article, the title on this thread and at the top of the page needs to be changed to..."back in the ICU". Rep Scalise has never left the hospital but was moved out of ICU...Now he's back in ICU.

I have been so worried about whether Steve will ever recover fully. I wasn't surprised to read he is back in ICU. :( There was so much damage done. The infection he has must be very serious. I know the doctors/nurses must have had him on powerful antibiotics the entire time and he still got a serious infection.

My heart and prayers are with him and his family during this very difficult time.

IMO

Rep. Steve Scalise still in 'serious condition' after surgery

Updated on July 8, 2017 at 5:07 PM
Posted on July 8, 2017 at 5:05 PM

By Katherine Sayre
NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Congressman Steve Scalise remains in serious condition at a Washington D.C. hospital Saturday (July 8) two days after undergoing surgery, as the Jefferson lawmaker continues a long recovery from a gunshot wound, his office said.

[...]

Scalise was readmitted to the Intensive Care Unit and underwent surgery Thursday because of new concerns for an infection. Scalise's office issued a statement Saturday that the Congressma; "tolerated the procedure well" and "will continue healing and treatment" MedStar Washington.

Please note that our offices remain open and ready to assist you in any way that we can," the statement says. "Our focus remains on fighting for Louisiana's values and priorities, and we are so thankful for the continued outpouring of prayers and kind words for Rep. Scalise and all others injured in the attack."

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/07/steve_scalise_serious_conditio.html

This man and his family have been through so much :(

Having acquired an infection which required surgery and landed him back in ICU, it sounds like Steve Scalise may have MRSA - a superbug.

"Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection is caused by a type of staph bacteria that's become resistant to many of the antibiotics used to treat ordinary staph infections." Mayo Clinic

Hospitals are a great place of acquiring this horrible disease. It will kill a strong person quickly. I sincerely hope if this is what he has, it was caught immediately!

Sending prayers of hope for him not to have MRSA. It is an ugly bug, something he does not need with all the injuries he already has.

My opinions only.

Jul 13 2017, 5:18 pm ET

Scalise Undergoes New Operation for Bullet Wound, Condition Fair

by Phil Helsel

Rep. Steve Scalise underwent additional surgery on Thursday to manage infection stemming from a bullet wound suffered when he was shot by a gunman who opened fire on a congressional baseball practice last month, the hospital where he is being treated said.

Scalise, 51, who represents Louisiana and is the third-ranking Republican in the House, is in fair condition, MedStar Washington Hospital Center said in a statement on behalf of his family.

Scalise, who was shot when James T. Hodgkinson opened fire on a Republican baseball practice in Alexandria, Virginia, on June 14, "will require careful monitoring to see if and when further interventions are necessary," the hospital said...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...operation-bullet-wound-condition-fair-n782746

Having acquired an infection which required surgery and landed him back in ICU, it sounds like Steve Scalise may have MRSA - a superbug.

"Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection is caused by a type of staph bacteria that's become resistant to many of the antibiotics used to treat ordinary staph infections." Mayo Clinic

Hospitals are a great place of acquiring this horrible disease. It will kill a strong person quickly. I sincerely hope if this is what he has, it was caught immediately!

Sending prayers of hope for him not to have MRSA. It is an ugly bug, something he does not need with all the injuries he already has.

My opinions only.
Also known as a "nosicomial" infection
MOO

MOO

Also known as a "nosicomial" infection
MOO

MOO

MRSA's hell...I had it, caught it from a friend who was undiagnosed for a year and exposed 100's of people....I was one that caught it.

It could it be Cellulitis, caught from a clinic....had X-rays and was told to walk on the floor bare foot....it's hell too.

I hope he recovers...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998