LA LA - Tonya Allbritton Herrington, 20, pregnant, Wisner, 7 June 1996

curiosityscat

Reaction score
Tonya Michelle Allbritton Herrington, 20 yrs, Wisner, LA, Franklin Parish, Last Seen on:06/07/1996 at 10:30pm parking lot of Sweet's Bar in Tensas Parish.

••• PHOTOS LOCATED AT FACES SITE - I was unable to "see" the 'ok, upload' button on my cell phone in the pop-up window, in order to 'add' the photos in this post :( •••

TONYA MICHELLE ALLBRITTON HERRINGTON
D.O.B. 12/27/1975 (20 YRS OLD at Disappeance)
MISSING SINCE: 06/07/1996
MISSING FROM: Wisner, LA (Franklin Parish/Residence & Tensas Parish/Bar where last seen & vehicle located)
RACE: White/Caucasian
EYES: Green
HAIR:Blonde
HEIGHT: 5'5" (67 inches)
WEIGHT: 130lbs
SCARS/MARKINGS: Prominent Scar inside RIGHT Thigh; Scar Cheek and Face; Pierced Ears (d)
CLOTHING: T-Shirt and Shorts (d)
JEWELRY:Keychain with Wooden "Tonya", Pepper Spray, Panda Coin Ring, Wisner High School Ring, Engagement Ring(d)
DENTAL: Available
DNA: Available
AGENCY CASE No:96-0600054
NCIC:M034504602
FACES:308
NAMUS:4129
TheDoeNetwork:3348DFLA
AGENCY/JURISDICTION: Franklin Parish Sherriff's Office
AGENCY PH# (318) 435-4505
AGENCY EMAIL: info@franklinsherriff.net

**** AT THE TIME OF DISAPPEARANCE SHE WAS 5 1/2 MONTHS PREGNANT!! ******

URL TO MAIN FACES DATABASE: http://www.identifyla.lsu.edu
========================================
LAST SEEN at 10:30PM, June 07, 1996, talking to friends outside of Sweet's Bar. 1987 Champagne colored Oldsmobile found 3 days after disappearance parked behind a garage next to the bar, locked (her purse and keys missing and not inside).(b)
====================

PEOPLE:
1. Tonya Michelle Allbritton Herrington, Nickname: T-90 (Missing) (b)
2. Brad Herrington (Husband/Spouse - 33yrs old)(b)
3. Sherri Braswell (Mother)
4. Lisa Allbritton Sherman (Aunt)(c)
5. Nicole Swartwout (Friend, 23yrs old)(b)
6. Jimmy Neatherly (Caldwell Parish, Private Investigator)(b)
7. Steve Pylant (Franklin Parrish Sheriff at time of disappearance)(b)
8. Jeff Britt (Tensas Parish Sheriff, where Sweet's bar was located, at the time of disappearance.)

======================
I came across Tonya's case in the, Louisiana Repository for Unidentified and Missing Persons Database (FACES). Why I ran across her profile is irrelevant; however, I felt compelled to post her disappearance details here on WS for several reasons.

First of all, what really struck me about Tonya's case was:
1) She was around my age (just a bit younger), and mist females around our age are familiar with 'Glamor Shots' photos, which were quite popular back at that time. So, I think that her Glamor Shots pic initially caught my eye. Although I never took one as they weren't my cup of tea. Regardless, because of that and other aspects, I identified, or at least, empathized with her. (a)
2)At the time of her disappearance, she was 5 1/2 MONTHS PREGNANT! (a)
3)She disappeared from a VERY SMALL TOWN (Wisner, LA, in Franklin Parish, approximate population of 1,400 people at the time). To put how small of a town, Wisner, LA was the time of her disappearance, Wisner only had one grocery store.(b)
4) Plus, if you look at Google Maps, you'll see, that this was a small town with pretty much NOTHING but a whole lot of green around it, and is not exactly right off any highway either, so it wasn't a place that should have had a lot of transient traffic.
5) There was a history of domestic violence between Tonya and her husband, Brad. (b)
6) According one of the articles listed below, I believe it was the detective who stated that, Tonya's astranged husband (they were seperated at the time of her disappearance, with Tonya staying at her mother's mobile home), was reportedly out of town in the south working, during the time of Tonya's disappearance.

[Poster's Note to Follow in next post]...

===============================
SOURCES:
a) Louisiana Repository for Unidentified and Missing Persons (FACES:308): https://www.identifyla.lsu.edu
b) The Town Talk, Alexandria, LA Newspaper, August, 23, 1997, Page 28, "Woman's Disappearance Continues Haunting Wisner"
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/218598923
c) FACEBOOK PAGE DEDICATION to Tonya Michelle Allbritton-Herrington:
https://m.facebook.com/Tonya-Michelle-Allbritton-Herrington-134852229886654/
d) Listing, "Tonya Herrington", on Find the Missing Database entered 12/22/2009, NAMEUS MP#:4129
https:// www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/4129
E) Listing, "Tonya Michelle Allbritton Herrington", on The Doe Network, Added:07/16/2013, Last Updated: 12/03/2013, Number:3348DFLA, Contact: Hether Belusky at hetherbelusky(at)doenetwork.org
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3348dfla.html
F) North American Missing Persons Network: http://www.nampn.org/cases/herrington_tonya.html
G) Listing for Tonya M. Herrington, National Missing Person Directory: http://www.missingin.org/reg2418/tonya_m__herrington.htm

--- Not sure why I have duplicate lettering, but since I don't recall, I'm leaving it in for now. ----

G) Whereabouts Unknown, Tonya Michelle missing listing (linked to h below for further information).
https://whereaboutsstillunknown.wordpress.com/tag/tonya-herrington-missing/
H) Unsolved Mysteries Website, Missing Person Post Request for any Information, dated 11/14/2001 6:58p.m. Posted by 46883
http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm190842.html

B]POSTER's NOTE[/B]:
I'm going to apologize to the MOD's and my fellow WS's if I make any mistakes within or how I do this post, I have read over the rules, but, I this is my 1st Missing Persons posting. Also, I gathered the info quite a while back. When I first attempted to post this somehow it was eaten (I believe my log-in time ran out), so i then had to rebuild it all in another notes app 1st), so I'm not as fresh on the details as I was back at the time. However, all People listed, and info comes from the source websites below, and news articles as listed in the public domain, on the internet. The Town Talk Newspaper article is oddly smashed together and jumbled; however, the information is all there, and you need only piece it together while ignoring the other article info smashed together in between the pieces, from the other articles that all run together with it.

Also, you'll find that as of the date of this posting, this is the most extensive listing of data regarding her case. Unfortunately, the databases listed under resources each hold various pieces of data, but not the complete listing. However, I hope to rectify that with sent emails, etc. to the database administrators, case mgrs.so, just be aware when visiting those sites, until they are updated. You'll note that there were 'rumors' on other sites stating some believed she may have take off from an abusive relationship, but if I recall correctly, the detective did not believe that theory, and neither do I, knowing how abusive relationships work, and from all I've read, she didn't seem to be in a mental nor emotional place where she was ready to walk away permanently. Plus, you have to take into consideration that she was 5 1/2 mrhs pregnant and hormonal at the time she disappeared, which doesn't lend itself to being mentally nor emotionally on even ground. However, I do believe that the area she lived in had far too many wildnerness areas, that would make recovery or even stumbling upon finding of a person if out there, difficult and not likely. I believe in two scenerios, 1) premeditated, 2) spur of the moment, heat of the moment situation in which she found heralef and was unprepared. I hope she is one day found and returned to her loved ones, who truly loved her. --- Curiosityscat

Just a bump, because she should never be forgotten, and I hope one day, that someone will solve this case. So much so, that I submitted it as the potential focus of some "unsolved" & "missing" podcasts.

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

Just want to let you know curiosityscat that the info you've provided here re Tonya's disappearance is exemplary.

I'm not in the USA, however I do live on the outskirts of a similar sized town that Tonya disappeared from and more than understand how such a town can shut down.

Wonderful you submitted Tonya's case to hopefully be aired on unsolved and missing podcasts.

Please let me know if I can help you in any way.

Symbah

A bump for Tonya & Baby, not wishing them forgotten..may they one day finally be found and receive justice...

One additional small and slightly odd piece of information appears on Ancestry records. Tonya and her husband had a joint PO Box (652) in Jigger, about 8 miles from Wisner. I say joint as it appears on searches for each of them. However, Tonya also had another PO Box (734) in Jigger, which does not appear on a search on Ancestry for her husband. As PO Boxes are much less used in the UK I am not sure whether having an additional, apparently private, PO Box would be usual in the USA - but if not it may suggest there was some reason for having it.

One additional small and slightly odd piece of information appears on Ancestry records. Tonya and her husband had a joint PO Box (652) in Jigger, about 8 miles from Wisner. I say joint as it appears on searches for each of them. However, Tonya also had another PO Box (734) in Jigger, which does not appear on a search on Ancestry for her husband. As PO Boxes are much less used in the UK I am not sure whether having an additional, apparently private, PO Box would be usual in the USA - but if not it may suggest there was so me reason for having it.

Well, I'm not sure about what this add'l info translates into, bu t from what I was able to gather of her 'story' online thru the various references (especially the o ne jumbled newspaper article previously mentioned), T & her husban d were separated at the time of her disappearance, and she was staying at her mother's trailer. Whic h may explain her getting a P.O.Box...However...

Excluding both for commercial use (has a business and uses it as a business mailing address), and for any more nefarious reasons (like mail fraud, etc).

Often, someone will get a P Obox to:

1) PERM ADDRESS:
Have a more 'permanent' mailing address (if they move frequ ently--I did this in the past when liv ing in apartments as most apt contracts are 6mths-1yr in length, after w hich the rent rate steadily increases, so it is easier than constantly filling out mail address forwarding request s & having mail 'not find you' or having old addresses return your m ail to the sender);
2) FORWARDING:
They need somewhere to fo rward their mail while in transition between physical addresses (as T/sh e seems to have been);
3) MAIL TAMPERING:
If they have issues getting mail at their physical address (like myself who has had multiple mail p ieces of various types opened--and my mailbox is a need a key to a ccess after the mail carrier deliv ers & locks/closes, the mailbox type. So, the tampering was presumably done either 'in transit' or by the new mail carrier), and/or along similar lines, because, someone does not trust that someone else local to their ph1ysical address (or even someone they know, who may have access to their mail), does not intercept or take their mail (definitely may have played a factor), anyways, these are just a few of the most common reasons someone in the U.S. would use a PO Box.

Bumping for Tonya! Today, I watched as another Louisiana native (Linda Thompson, Baton Rouge, LA, who went Missing in Oct/2017, was now Located 11/06/17 found Alive), it of course, immediately brought Tonya & her Baby's case to my mind...Both Missing, but NOT Forgotten!

Bump for Tonya, Missing but Never Forgotten..

(At least, not while I’m still around, but I’m not in good health, so if this thread goes dark.....please feel free to pick up bumping or advocating)....

I did a google search today, and saw that Tonya’s mother passed in 2012, (the obit didn’t come up before that I’ve ever found: http://www.gillfirstnational.com/m/?p=memorial&id=1030084)

•••• A Little Light in the Darkness ••••

[emoji992]
“A little candle in the darkness, to ever light your way, so no matter where you are, or if you’re there to stay, nor how very far you roam, you will always? know, that you are remembered and thought of, all the way back where you started from at home.

While you may be missing, off somewhere we can not come to, nor even see, that you are not forgotten, where ever you may be”...
Author:B.L.Buchanan 03/01/2018

***Note:The above is only my own opinions, thoughts, theories, views, and possible BIG Fish Tales; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to a direct origin source..Thanks!

Just a bump, because she should never be forgotten, and I hope one day, that someone will solve this case. So much so, that I submitted it as the potential focus of some "unsolved" & "missing" podcasts.

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next![/QUOTE

Thanks for your posts about Our Tonya! As of date, there has been no new developments (24 years). Lots of rumors and innuendo but nothing concrete. The family noticed that you stated that you wer submitting Tonyas info for podcasts and sending emails to update all the files with various agencies. Thank you for that also.

In one post you mentioned that Tonyas mom was deceased. Actually her Mom is still living (Sherrie Braswell). Charlotte Madden was Tonyas stepmother. However, Tonya was blessed with a second loving mom.

Please contact through site if any podcasts or such concerning this case are broadcast.

Again, thank you for all you do to keep ALL missing in the minds of others!

Is anyone on here still interested in sharing what they know? I live in the town where she disappeared and am willing to help out in any way.

ALT TXT
ALT TXT
ALT TXT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member