922 users online (241 members and 681 guests)  

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    My understanding is that in order for someone to state something in a forum as fact, they need to be a verified insider or provide a link substantiating that. So, I was justified in asking for your sources, and if you're not an verified insider, you need to provide them. Thank you.
    There is plenty of info on here about the things stated. I am not sure what terms can be used to search on here, but the info is here.

The problem is that many of the links do not work as the info is so old.

Quote Originally Posted by EllaMae View Post
    Desiree said it in an interview. I don't remember which one, but you can look for it if it's important to you.
    EllaMae, I was looking for something else today, and I saw reference to that interview where Desiree talks about the white truck.

Kaine & Desiree interviews Friday August 27 2010
    (The video doesn't work, but there's a partial transcription.)

hth

Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    BBM. iirc, Terri Horman has never been named a suspect by LE investigators in Kyron's disappearance. If this has changed, pls. provide a link. Thanks.
    True. She's never been named as a person of interest by investigators, either. Here is the most recent MSM link I have to assert this statement as of Jan 2018 :
    http://people.com/crime/unsolved-mis...cases-gallery/
    :
    - Terri Horman quickly became the focus of the investigation, but Multnomah County Sheriff deputies never named her a suspect or person of interest
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    BBM. iirc, Terri Horman has never been named a suspect by LE investigators in Kyron's disappearance. If this has changed, pls. provide a link. Thanks.
    Police don't publicly name a suspect or POI in every case. They have their reasons for handling this case the way it has been handled and the public is not privy to everything they know.

You seem unfamiliar with this case. It might be helpful for you to read older threads. There is a lot of information there, and the links you want can probably be found there as well.

My understanding is that in order for someone to state something in a forum as fact, they need to be a verified insider or provide a link substantiating that. So, I was justified in asking for your sources, and if you're not an verified insider, you need to provide them. Thank you.
    I don't think continued discussion of a case as old as this one requires re-posting links over and over again. This is not new information. It's available on older threads.

I don't think continued discussion of a case as old as this one requires re-posting links over and over again. This is not new information. It's available on older threads.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but it's part of the TOS, so in order to make an assertion and state is as fact, we're required to cite the source or be a verified insider. Thanks for respecting that.
    Last edited by Alleykins; 04-19-2018 at 08:16 AM. Reason: clari
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

I know it is TOS to post links but it makes it so one does not want to post when links have to be researched.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's part of the TOS, so in order to make an assertion and state is as fact, we're required to cite the source or be a verified insider. Thanks for respecting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    I know it is TOS to post links but it makes it so one does not want to post when links have to be researched.
    Iím sure a mod could settle this question easily enough. I happen to agree with human when it comes to old cases with tons of links. IMO It becomes unnecessarily disruptive to challenge posters to supply links on old cases when links have previously been supplied and itís possible to do ones own research if one is unfamiliar with the details. Newer cases with current news are a different matter and are what the TOS is designed to cover IMO. But Iím not a mod.
    JMO
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Don't know "where" to post this - but I guess this thread would be okay....

Terri Horman, stepmom of missing Kyron Horman, remarries, report says
    http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...of_missin.html

Terri Horman, the stepmother of missing Kyron Horman, remarried last month in Nevada, according to KGW.

Horman remarried Jose De Jesus Vazquez Martinez on March 17 in Clark County, Nevada, the TV station reports. Authorities have said she was the last person to see then-7-year-old Kyron before he went missing from his school in Northwest Portland in June 2010. His disappearance, which investigators have still not been able to determine the cause of, has drawn national interest
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    There was gym daycare. It seemed odd that she stated her daughter had a terrible earache, and in response she drove her around for a long period of time and then dropped her off at the gym daycare while she worked out. There was a lot of discussion about that back in the day.
    I have a long- held theory on why this long rambling drive and the excuse that the baby had an earache happened and also why Terri was so willing to give up custody of her baby daughter.

I agree that a large part was to avoid deep psychological questioning by a forensic Psychiatrist. I have a friend who is a forensic Psychiatrist and his mind is the figurative " steel trap" we talk about in intelligence.

Terri's pathological actions and thoughts may go back to what Kaine said about Terri changing after Kiera's birth. He said she had PPD. Not that he thought she had PPD, but he said it as factual. As in " She was treated for PPD".

In PPD, usually there is a great fear or delusions of harming the baby or not being able to adequately " be a great mother" to the child. This type of fears and feelings may go on until the child is walking/ talking and no longer seen as an extension of the mother, but has developed his or her separate personality and a modicum of independence is forming.

IMO, IF Terri had PPD, it was partially hidden because Kyron was Terri's scapegoat. Blame the sweet little step- son to others. Be mean enough to him to cause infantilized regression in some of his growth and development milestones, maybe. ( If her statements can be believed).

MAYBE she harmed the baby girl in small ways that went undetected because Kyron was in school and his dad was at work. Maybe we'll never know, but my psychological training tells me that the woman did NOT want Kyron dead, want Kaine dead, want almost stranger sexual partner hookups during the day, but wanted the one baby in the house to be protected and cosseted and cared for well. I think the baby was in danger as well. Likely, no matter what she said, Terri wanted her " gone" very much.

I'm not trying to excuse what I think Terri did to Kyron in any way, but looking at ALL her known out of control behavior together, I think the little girl was likely also in great jeopardy on the day that Kyron disappeared and Terri was driving around with a supposedly ill baby. Terri MAY have already decided that Kiera was her ticket to " keeping" her home, so she was trying to decide whether to cope with the baby or come up with a way to get rid of her too at the same time as Kyron's murder.

As a nurse, I do not consider the mother of an ill baby requiring medication, even if OTC ear drops or Tylenol, driving the sick baby around in the woods and here and there to be normal at all. Take her to the doctor, then take her home and stay with her until she felt better and stopped fussing and crying.

Terri's actions were not logical or loving regarding either child in the focused time period in question. I do think some of this could be severe PPD, or maybe she was always just plain EVIL. Kaine seemed to see changes, though, unless he was making excuses for a woman who was always a step- monster, in which case I question seriously why he would father a child with her.

Kyron was SO afraid of her, a meek and small little guy, that I don't think killing and disposing of his body would take half an hour.

Did DeDe work with a wood chipper??
    I've never seen it mentioned, but in the PNW, those are likely more common than in my part of the country. I feel sick asking but..

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    I have a long- held theory on why this long rambling drive and the excuse that the baby had an earache happened and also why Terri was so willing to give up custody of her baby daughter.

I agree that a large part was to avoid deep psychological questioning by a forensic Psychiatrist. I have a friend who is a forensic Psychiatrist and his mind is the figurative " steel trap" we talk about in intelligence.

Terri's pathological actions and thoughts may go back to what Kaine said about Terri changing after Kiera's birth. He said she had PPD. Not that he thought she had PPD, but he said it as factual. As in " She was treated for PPD".

In PPD, usually there is a great fear or delusions of harming the baby or not being able to adequately " be a great mother" to the child. This type of fears and feelings may go on until the child is walking/ talking and no longer seen as an extension of the mother, but has developed his or her separate personality and a modicum of independence is forming.

IMO, IF Terri had PPD, it was partially hidden because Kyron was Terri's scapegoat. Blame the sweet little step- son to others. Be mean enough to him to cause infantilized regression in some of his growth and development milestones, maybe. ( If her statements can be believed).

MAYBE she harmed the baby girl in small ways that went undetected because Kyron was in school and his dad was at work. Maybe we'll never know, but my psychological training tells me that the woman did NOT want Kyron dead, want Kaine dead, want almost stranger sexual partner hookups during the day, but wanted the one baby in the house to be protected and cosseted and cared for well. I think the baby was in danger as well. Likely, no matter what she said, Terri wanted her " gone" very much.

I'm not trying to excuse what I think Terri did to Kyron in any way, but looking at ALL her known out of control behavior together, I think the little girl was likely also in great jeopardy on the day that Kyron disappeared and Terri was driving around with a supposedly ill baby. Terri MAY have already decided that Kiera was her ticket to " keeping" her home, so she was trying to decide whether to cope with the baby or come up with a way to get rid of her too at the same time as Kyron's murder.

As a nurse, I do not consider the mother of an ill baby requiring medication, even if OTC ear drops or Tylenol, driving the sick baby around in the woods and here and there to be normal at all. Take her to the doctor, then take her home and stay with her until she felt better and stopped fussing and crying.

Terri's actions were not logical or loving regarding either child in the focused time period in question. I do think some of this could be severe PPD, or maybe she was always just plain EVIL. Kaine seemed to see changes, though, unless he was making excuses for a woman who was always a step- monster, in which case I question seriously why he would father a child with her.

Kyron was SO afraid of her, a meek and small little guy, that I don't think killing and disposing of his body would take half an hour.

Did DeDe work with a wood chipper??
    I've never seen it mentioned, but in the PNW, those are likely more common than in my part of the country. I feel sick asking but..
    BBM - I'm not sure if you just took a guess at the 30 minute time period, but I once spent a ridiculous amount of time charting driving distances and it appeared that 35 minutes would be close to the exact amount of time available, (working within the confines of the 10:10 am to 11:39 am timeline and including driving time).

So, I did a double take when I read your comment.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22