Identified! CO - Park Co., WhtMale UP16790, 30-60, on hillside, Feb'74 - Anthony John Armbrust

Wow, that is a pretty high match. Second cousin, first cousin once removed, half first cousin, sibling of a grandparent... a few different possibilities. I hope the adoptee has figured out who their birth parents are already, that'll make the research easier. Otherwise, DDP has to figure out who the adoptee's parents are first. I hope the adoptee gets all the answers they may be searching for, and can help DDP to identify this UID.

I'm not sure this has happened before... I know for one of the other Does, who turned out to be Mary Silvani, an adoptee was mentioned as being one of her higher matches, but I don't think she had any this high? This adoptee is in this Doe's immediate extended family.

One other thing this makes me wonder... if this adoptee is willing to help in any way, would it be against the rules for the adoptee to show DDP their 23andme/Ancestry matches? Those databases are much much bigger than GEDmatch and probably have some strong matches. Would that violate some 23andme/Ancestry small print, or would it be fine because the adoptee is willing to show their results?

One other thing this makes me wonder... if this adoptee is willing to help in any way, would it be against the rules for the adoptee to show DDP their 23andme/Ancestry matches? Those databases are much much bigger than GEDmatch and probably have some strong matches. Would that violate some 23andme/Ancestry small print, or would it be fine because the adoptee is willing to show their results?

As a general rule, when DDP runs into this kind of situation we do offer to help the adoptee find the answers they are looking for, since this will help us find our Doe. Yes, they generally give us access to their Ancestry.com account and MyHeritage account, and we work the adoption case.

Park Co Police have announced a press conference on “a 1974 case” on Tuesday 20 Oct at 10am. DDP has reposted the LE announcement on their page so I assume it’s about this UID.

As a general rule, when DDP runs into this kind of situation we do offer to help the adoptee find the answers they are looking for, since this will help us find our Doe. Yes, they generally give us access to their Ancestry.com account and MyHeritage account, and we work the adoption case.

Thanks for the answer!

I'm so glad this doe finally will have his name back :)

According to the live press conference on the Park County Coroners Office facebook page, Park County John Doe, or Anthony John Armbrust (age 45) died in what is believed to have been a suicide pact with his second wife at the time, Renee (age 25). He was suffering from what he believed to be a terminal illness -- emphysema. He was the leader/guru of a metaphysical church in San Diego, CA and had sent a letter to the church asking them to pack up some belongings and a puppy they would find in his new Colorado apartment. They said that he had wanted to be "taken by God" in the Colorado mountains. Renee has not been found and is presumed to have committed suicide with him.

Last edited:
This is just giving me more questions... if you are half of a suicide pact, presumably you would want to die together? if Renee also jumped, could her body have been entirely removed by animals in about a year while Anthony's body was left alone? I want to believe that Renee (at only 25!!) realized how crazy this all sounded, and pulled a "Hey, you jump first, I'll follow right behind you!" and then left.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back