AZ AZ - Gadsden, Yuma Co, WhtMale 90UMAZ 14-23, penis removed and healed, Feb '75

JupiterAmmon

Reaction score
Case File 90UMAZ

90UMAZ.jpg

Unidentified White Male

Located on February 15, 1975 in Gadsden, Yuma County, Arizona.
Cause of death not given. The victim was partially burned.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 14 - 23 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"; 150 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: He had red wavy hair. His penis shaft had been removed and healed prior to his death and is not associated with his death.
Clothing: He was wearing blue jeans, a long sleeve button up western shirt and laced up hiking boots with round knobs on the sole.

Case History
The victim was located west of Gadsden, Arizona in the brush along the USBP Drag Road. This is about 1/8th of a mile from the Mexican border along the Colorado River.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Yuma County Sheriff Department
520-343-9957

Source Information: Missing Children...HELP Center

My Thoughts:

I am seriously wondering if this is even the correct sketch for the decedent. For a few reasons:

- The sketch does not look like he has red hair. Would a forensic artist recreate red hair by making it appear black in a black-and-white drawing?
- No facial hair is mentioned in the listing (although this isn't that unusual).
- The sketch looks as though he is Hispanic, and the body was found right by the AZ/Mexico border...maybe this is sketch is mixed up with another local decedent's sketch?
- If it is the correct sketch, could he be Hispanic or from Mexico? Do Hispanic or Mexican individuals ever have red wavy hair?

Uniquely his penis shaft removed and healed - unassociated with his death. I wonder why this occurred? Is this associated with any certain health conditions?

My Thoughts:

I am seriously wondering if this is even the correct sketch for the decedent. For a few reasons:

- The sketch does not look like he has red hair. Would a forensic artist recreate red hair by making it appear black in a black-and-white drawing?
- No facial hair is mentioned in the listing (although this isn't that unusual).
- The sketch looks as though he is Hispanic, and the body was found right by the AZ/Mexico border...maybe this is sketch is mixed up with another local decedent's sketch?
- If it is the correct sketch, could he be Hispanic or from Mexico? Do Hispanic or Mexican individuals ever have red wavy hair?

Uniquely his penis shaft removed and healed - unassociated with his death. I wonder why this occurred? Is this associated with any certain health conditions?
These are my thoughts as well. He looks older than 14-23 too, and appears to have a unibrow if this is the correct sketch. I think his penis shaft was removed for religious reasons.

The depicted hairstyle appears neither red not wavy to me...

Triss, can you elaborate on the religious reasons comment? I just don't understand it and would like your thoughts.

I was just thinking that there are many religions in this world and some of them require or allow genital mutilation. I can't think of any specific religion that would require penis shaft removal, but hey, anything is possible. It wasn't associated with his death so medical or religious reasons are the only things that come up to my mind that would explain why this guy's penis shaft was removed and healed before his death. I might be wrong, though.

My thoughts are wandering to a cartel type killing, with the *downstairs* disfiguring having been an earlier punishment. Two reasons I went this way, first is the location found - I assume USBP means United States Border Patrol, so close to the border and second is the burning of the body could be an attempt to conceal identity. It maybe I have a vivid imagination. I just wonder if this young man got in over his head with some people he should not have.

If their definition is precise and the shaft was removed, but not the head, that might imply cancer surgery is a possibility, I think. One of my relatives had penile cancer in the 70's and they removed most of the shaft but left as much as they could otherwise. He was later able to father two kids.

Both medical and accidental injuries are more common than you might think. It's not something that guys who have had exactly go around boasting about.

My guess is that this person had been a victim of a crime of violence prior to his death. I remember a local case from back in the 1980s, in Lexington.....a man and his wife were having marital trouble and separated. The man was a big, hulking fellow, a body builder, and apparently hot-headed. He discovered that a local college student, 18 or 19, was having an affair with his wife. So he stalked that student, cornered him on campus, ripped off his pants and cut off his penis with a butcher knife. I envision some similar scenario in this case.

Re: Hispanics with red hair. Certainly! Remember that for a brief time, Mexico was ruled by Emperor Maximilian (of Austria) and his wife Empress Charlotte/Carlota. Over many years, there were many Europeans living & working in Mexico, including a significant number of engineers

Linda Ronstadt is an example.

Completely agree that the provided sketch doesn't seem to be a red-headed teenager.

For this one, I doubt we'll ever know.

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie