GA GA - Eva 'Gwen' Allen, 67, Lithonia, 4 July 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Police are searching for a DeKalb County woman who has been missing for over a week.

Eva Allen, 67, was last seen around 1:30 a.m. on July 4 at a home on the 3600 block of Snapfinger Road in Lithonia.

Allen is described as a black woman standing around 5'2" tall and weighing about 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a maroon shirt and black pants.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/35877866/police-searching-for-missing-dekalb-county-woman

d0e8eafb6f6f20ffd4cf9ea03489df7e.jpg

LITHONIA, Ga. – “Lord, I don't know where Gwen is, but you know where she is. All I ask you to do, is just keep her safe and remember [daughters] Monica and Nicole—make them strong, so they can endure whatever the outcome is. Amen.”

Dorothy Ellington, 76, recites the prayer she says for her “baby” sister’s safe return home. The last time she saw her was June 30 after visiting their oldest sister, Pearl. But she would never arrive at her family’s reunion on July 6.

Her sister, Eva “Gwen” Allen was last seen leaving her group home, located at 3669 Snapfinger Road, in Lithonia, Ga., just off of Interstate 20, around 1 a.m., on July 4.
Eva%20last%20seen%20map_1500649233436_10097616_ver1.0.png
Eva "Gwen" Allen went missing from this group home in Lithonia, Ga., around 1 a.m., on July 4, 2017.

According to her family, Eva, the youngest of 16 siblings and originally from Tuskegee, Ala., has bipolar disorder for which she takes medication for.

“Wherever she is, she needs her medicine,” Ellington said. “I don't know whether they will find her alive or not… because 16 days missing is a long time, and anything could have happened during that period of time.”
Her daughter, Debra “Monica” Allen, last saw her on June 29, when she visited her at the group home where her 67-year-old mom has been living for about nine months, after she was found wandering around on a highway last year.
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/missing-eva-1/458186806

poor lady must be so scared

According to the cell phone records, she said, from July 2 up until July 9, someone was dialing 1-2-3, indicating possible confusion—and making her family believe that she is starting to forget things and now doesn’t know how to contact them.

If you have any information about Eva’s whereabouts, call 911, or the DeKalb County Police at (678) 406-6792.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Her daughter, Debra “Monica” Allen, last saw her on June 29, when she visited her at the group home where her 67-year-old mom has been living for about nine months, after she was found wandering around on a highway last year.

Eva's daughter, Debra Allen, gets emotional when talking about her mom who has been missing since July 4, 2017.

“Her bipolar flared up and she was caught walking along the expressway. The police picked her up, and nobody could go pick her up at that time of the morning, so they carried her to jail. She stayed in jail for three days and then put her in Grady hospital. And when she went to Grady, they told her that she couldn't live by herself anymore,” Ellington remembered.
It was a hard decision for her two daughters, but Debra said, with both of them working full-time jobs, they just couldn’t give her the round-the-clock care she needed.
“She needs somebody watching her all day. She needs somebody making sure that she's taking her medicine.”

er daughter, Debra “Monica” Allen, last saw her on June 29, when she visited her at the group home where her 67-year-old mom has been living for about nine months, after she was found wandering around on a highway last year.

Eva's daughter, Debra Allen, gets emotional when talking about her mom who has been missing since July 4, 2017.

“Her bipolar flared up and she was caught walking along the expressway. The police picked her up, and nobody could go pick her up at that time of the morning, so they carried her to jail. She stayed in jail for three days and then put her in Grady hospital. And when she went to Grady, they told her that she couldn't live by herself anymore,” Ellington remembered.
It was a hard decision for her two daughters, but Debra said, with both of them working full-time jobs, they just couldn’t give her the round-the-clock care she needed.
“She needs somebody watching her all day. She needs somebody making sure that she's taking her medicine.”

Gees. She can't have gone too far. She was on foot! And when is the last time someone working at the group home saw her and how did she get out of the house without it being noticed?

All I have is questions.

Gees. She can't have gone too far. She was on foot! And when is the last time someone working at the group home saw her and how did she get out of the house without it being noticed?

All I have is questions.
The article notes she left the group home at 1 a.m. on July 4th....seriously? They don't lock the doors?

The article notes she left the group home at 1 a.m. on July 4th....seriously? They don't lock the doors?

Oh my...and with the fireworks possibly still going off.

No updates....how strange.

Unfortunately, not all of them do. A few winters ago my Dad's best friend's wife, who was in a nursing home with Alzheimers and she walked out of an unlocked door to a courtyard in the middle of the night then temperatures were single digit and froze to death. She wasn't found until morning.

Eva Gwendolyn Allen – The Charley Project
allen_eva.jpg
allen_eva2.jpg
allen_eva3.jpg
allen_eva4.jpg

Allen was last seen in the the 3600 block of Snapfinger Road in Lithonia, Georgia at 1:30 a.m. on July 4, 2017. She lived in a group home at the time of her disappearance, as she needed round-the-clock care. She has never been heard from again. Her daughter stated she was struggling with her mental illness at the time of her disappearance.

Allen's daughter continued to call her cellular phone on July 9, when it died. Phone records indicate the phone was being used during this time, although no one answered any incoming calls. Someone repeatedly dialed 1-2-3, indicating possible confusion. Allen's family believes she did this because her mental state had deteriorated.

There has been no indication of Allen's whereabouts since her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back