SC - Meredith Rahme, 28, Hayden King, 9, Harper Edens, 4, slain, Greenville, Jul 2017

My 1st post. I apologize for the editing.

Very sad situation. Shooting started downtown greenville in a very nice area and ended up with the possible murder of 2 more people and a suicide at my local track.

Wow. This is going to get even sadder. It seems like there may have been a direct threat just the day before against this woman. It's clear if you google her name what the likely motive is. And this article indicates children are likely involved. I bet it's the scorned woman and her children who were found in the second vehicle:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...greenville-shooting-main-and-stone/477472001/

"At the beginning of the investigation in Greenville, Miller had said investigators believed the shooting was domestic-related....

Officers located a woman with a gunshot wound in the driver's seat of a white SUV, said Greenville police spokesman Johnathan Bragg.

Chief Miller said officers at the scene were able to make contact with an acquaintance of the victim and that the acquaintance named a possible suspect.

"We believe the incident itself is not isolated, it is not a random act of violence and in fact is domestic-related," Miller said.

The police chief said officers were trying to locate the suspect by pinging her cell phone and "secure potential children in harm’s way."

Meredith's maiden name was Ray, her husband is Nick (familytreenow lists him as Michael N. Rahme) before he disabled his Facebook, I found this photo of the two (had to upload to imgur to share). I'm guessing the 36yr old woman was his ex? It seems they are originally from Tennessee

http://imgur.com/a/pgxwR

Meredith's maiden name was Ray, her husband is Nick (familytreenow lists him as Michael N. Rahme) before he disabled his Facebook, I found this photo of the two (had to upload to imgur to share). I'm guessing the 36yr old woman was his ex? It seems they are originally from Tennessee

http://imgur.com/a/pgxwR

I think Meredith was having affair with someone and it was his wife who killed her and then herself and her kids.

Tragic. Seems like quite a few of these vengeful type killings have been going on lately.

I think Meredith was having affair with someone and it was his wife who killed her and then herself and her kids.

She was not having an affair. I don't want to see her painted this way by internet strangers. She was seeing someone who was going through a divorce and who lived in his own house already. She was going through a divorce as well. She was incredibly smart and beautiful and kind. She never had an unkind word to say about anyone. She doesn't deserve an ill thought about her and she didn't deserve to be murdered by this jealous beast. Meredith was a kind, generous person who will be missed by many.

She was not having an affair. I don't want to see her painted this way by internet strangers. She was seeing someone who was going through a divorce and who lived in his own house already. She was going through a divorce as well. She was incredibly smart and beautiful and kind. She never had an unkind word to say about anyone. She doesn't deserve an ill thought about her and she didn't deserve to be murdered by this jealous beast. Meredith was a kind, generous person who will be missed by many.

Thanks for posting here A Good Friend. Your insight is appreciated!
...and, I'm so sorry for what you must be going through.

(Having said that, and recognizing that you are new here, you could be any random person, or one of the players involved. That's why people who are close to a case ask for 'verified insider' status.)

Even though they are separated, it is still considered an affair in the eyes of the law and by many people. That's why a yearlong separation doesn't work. People aren't going to wait a year to begin dating especially when they know the marriage is over. All thstbyear process does is stir up situations like this. The murderer was apparently not ready for this marriage to end. She was planning to use her hubsnd's relationship in court to try and screw him over. Before that happened, she went off the rails and went after him by hurting those he loved.

Even though they are separated, it is still considered an affair in the eyes of the law and by many people. That's why a yearlong separation doesn't work. People aren't going to wait a year to begin dating especially when they know the marriage is over. All thstbyear process does is stir up situations like this. The murderer was apparently not ready for this marriage to end. She was planning to use her hubsnd's relationship in court to try and screw him over. Before that happened, she went off the rails and went after him by hurting those he loved.

I'm sensing some anger behind your comments?

Lots of people separate and don't get the divorce papers. Just because one partner can't let go, doesn't mean that the relationship isn't over. A relationship takes two people.

I'm generally willing to give the victim the benefit of the doubt, as opposed to the killer. Of course I don't know the specific background in this case, so this is just my high level view.

Do you know anyone involved in this case?

I'm sensing some anger behind your comments?

Lots of people separate and don't get the divorce papers. Just because one partner can't let go, doesn't mean that the relationship isn't over. A relationship takes two people.

I'm generally willing to give the victim the benefit of the doubt, as opposed to the killer. Of course I don't know the specific background in this case, so this is just my high level view.

Do you know anyone involved in this case?

First time poster, but paralegal here in SC. I think the poster was referring to the family court/probate laws in SC that requires married couples be separated for a year before a divorce is granted. This is not the only means of obtaining a divorce in SC but usually is a statutory requirement judges enforce. If one person seeks a divorce on the grounds of a cheating spouse it should be granted, however, if the one who wanted the divorce does not have a spouse that agrees, it could force a year long separation before one is granted. It seems this may have been the situation in this case. Regardless, this is a terrible tragedy.

What a tragic loss of life. Poor Meredith Rahme, and I feel so sorry for those poor innocent children. Imagine how terrified they must have felt, they would have seen their mother kill Meredith Rahme, and they would have been feeling terrified hoping that wasn't going to happen to them next, unfortunately it was.
:rose: RIP little angels nothing can hurt you now :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back