CO - Random Stabbing on Boulder Creek Path, 12 July, 2017.

margarita25

Reaction score
Stabbing on Boulder Creek Path puts community on alert
Police call attack 'random'
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/crime/stabbing-on-boulder-creek-path-puts-community-on-alert

"Officials say the 53-year-old was walking with his dog on Wednesday around 9:20 p.m. on the path when he heard footsteps behind him and felt pain.

The man ran away after the victim turned around. The victim tried to run after him but stopped when he felt that he was bleeding through his shirt.

"This is a very random attack for this area," said Shannon Cordingly, a spokesperson for the Boulder Police Department."

It is with much frustration and apprehension that I post this thread. Hopefully this first post will be the ONLY incident to write about after this.

This path is one of my favorite places to go when I go to Boulder. I was going to go here last weekend but didn't get a chance so was hoping to go this weekend. While I wouldn't be on the path at night, and while there is increased police patrol, I am totally freaked out now. WTH is wrong with people? Why the sudden increase in so many "random attacks" across our country...the men shot walking their dogs on the trail in Kansas City, the random serial shootings here in NOCO (see signature for reference)...are random attacks on the increase? I'm so glad this poor man and his dog are okay...I will feel so much better when and if they catch this guy (not holding my breath)...hopefully this is some sort of isolated incident and not the start of a random stabbing spree on local paths...this is how it started with NOCO, one incident...Posting this thread just in case this escalates. :(

All this violence is getting to me....

Former Boulderite here. Recently moved from CO. I lived in Boulder about a year and half ago, right along Boulder Creek and part of the creek path and not far from where this assault seems to have taken place. When I first moved into that apartment (ground floor right up against the creek), one of my neighbors told me to not go down by the creek at night. It's pitch black and the area fills up with homeless people at night (saw many, many homeless people here and leftover waste from whatever they were doing: food, alcohol, inhalants etc). He also told me that if I call the police at night, they won't go down to the water unless they really have to. Personally, I think this is a big reason that the homeless choose to sleep there. Also, there are a lot of bridges around that area that can provide shelter.

Never really had a problem living in Boulder, but I definitely saw a lot of cops patrolling the creek path when I lived there and there are a lot of strange types of people. I can't say I'm really surprised that happened.

Former Boulderite here. Recently moved from CO. I lived in Boulder about a year and half ago, right along Boulder Creek and part of the creek path and not far from where this assault seems to have taken place. When I first moved into that apartment (ground floor right up against the creek), one of my neighbors told me to not go down by the creek at night. It's pitch black and the area fills up with homeless people at night (saw many, many homeless people here and leftover waste from whatever they were doing: food, alcohol, inhalants etc). He also told me that if I call the police at night, they won't go down to the water unless they really have to. Personally, I think this is a big reason that the homeless choose to sleep there. Also, there are a lot of bridges around that area that can provide shelter.

Never really had a problem living in Boulder, but I definitely saw a lot of cops patrolling the creek path when I lived there and there are a lot of strange types of people. I can't say I'm really surprised that happened.

(O/T where you there for the floods? How did you make out?)

Got a bad feeling...who just goes around stabbing people?

I'm going with Meth induced psychosis. And sadly that would be the best case scenario. Two others pending at this time.

(O/T where you there for the floods? How did you make out?)

We were just above the flood plain luckily. Really changed the geography of the creek though. I was talking about this to a friend that fishes the creek a lot and she said that she has been yelled at and chased by people living outside around this area of the creek. I'm guessing drug induced psychosis as well.

Alright getting on the trail right now. I dare someone to freaking stab me knock on wood. Peace love and light. I've still got sun. Will head out by dark no doubt.

Alright just slipped down the mud ledge Into the creek alright though haha. Thank goodness the water is low Def evidence of homeless everywhere. Cushions, tarps...btw did Amy A slip like I just did?

Qmfr:
Alright getting on the trail right now. I dare someone to freaking stab me knock on wood. Peace love and light. I've still got sun. Will head out by dark no doubt.

Knock on wood knock on wood knock on wood I didn't mean this! Just had to get my adrenaline and defense on beforehand but I did not mean this!!!

There have been a couple of totally unusual attacks on cyclists where I live, one for sure was psychotic and had travelled far from his home. I wonder if it's related to the time of year: easier for disturbed individuals to sleep rough, and many more people on the trails to irritate them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back