OR - Kelly Supanchick, 25, shot to death, Eugene, 23 Dec 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Even before he apparently bound her hands with duct tape and allegedly shot her three times with a shotgun, Tyke Supanchick worked hard to keep his young wife powerless, the slain woman's mother says.

Since their wedding in January 2003, Tyke Supanchick had tried to isolate his wife, Kelly, from her family and friends, the mother says.

According to Kelly's mother, Bernice Goodwin, he gave her no money, interfered with her attempts to get a job, forbade her to drive his car, and used their 2-year-old daughter, Guinevere, to manipulate her.

He locked her out of the house with no money or car, Goodwin said. He forced her to live in an unfurnished house, and she slept on an air mattress on the floor throughout her pregnancy, she says.

He controlled what and when she ate and threatened to beat her and slash her throat, court documents show.

Despite all that, no one expected the couple's marriage to end in violence, as it did on Dec. 23 in a rented duplex on Morningside Drive. Tyke Supanchick had never been known to be physically abusive before and had never been charged with a crime against his wife.
http://www.registerguard.com/news/2005/12/31/d1.cr.murder.1231.p1.php?section=cityregion

Another self-absorbed ^&*$#rd! I hope her parents get the baby and I hope he rots in he!!. Another case of a restraining order not worth the paper it's written on! :mad:

This is so sad. I do think the parents are in total denial that they didn't think he was capable of murder. I think this is what they tell themselves so they can make it through the day. All the warning signs were there, plus some...

gardenmom said:
This is so sad. I do think the parents are in total denial that they didn't think he was capable of murder. I think this is what they tell themselves so they can make it through the day. All the warning signs were there, plus some...
I think they are in denial also but in reality it wouldnt of mattered anyway. This guy was a psycho he would of killed her regardless of anybody knowing or any restraining order nothing would or could of stopped him. And that to me is what is SOOO scary. When someone is out to get you they can get you if they want you bad enough.

gardenmom said:

I agree.

What an unbelievable SH*thead!!! I don't know how the Navy handles domestic violence, but here at Fort Hood, I've heard of instances where the hubby is confined to the barracks 24/7 if the wife reports him for abuse. Also they can get in deep doodoo if the wife is not getting money and she goes to the finance office. One wife got her hubby's checks direct deposit changed to her account because she had no money to pay the rent or buy food for the kids while he was in Kuwait.

I wonder, didn't she see the signs of his behavior before they married, or did he do a 180 on her? I swear if it had been me, after I left for being treated so badly, I'd greet him at the door with a shotgun. I'm sooo glad my sister and I had brothers to take guys like him out for us. There have been a few that had hospital stays, or stayed far far away after my bro's got a hold of 'em.

The Associated Press
Posted : Friday Apr 25, 2008 12:37:54 EDT

EUGENE, Ore. — An ex-soldier who killed his estranged wife has been sentenced to life in prison with no chance for parole.

Tyke Supanchick, 30, could have gotten the death penalty for the December 2005 murder of Kelly Supanchick.

snip

In testimony earlier Thursday, Supanchick took responsibility for his wife’s death. He said he had not intended to kill when he went to her Eugene duplex shortly before Christmas in 2005 with tape, a knife, a flashlight, a shotgun and a plan to offer her $1,000 in exchange for their daughter.

“No one is to blame but me,” he told the same jurors who convicted him of aggravated murder last week. “I did not hate Kelly. Kelly was an incredible woman, just like her parents said.”

Those words, spoken after weeks of defense attempts to portray Kelly Supanchick as a bad wife and mother, softened the feelings of some of Kelly’s relatives.

“I think the verdict was perfect,” said Howard Jackson, Kelly’s father. “The death penalty was never what we wanted.”

Much more at link:
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/04/ap_wifekilled_042408/

Tyke Thomas Supanchick

Housed: Snake River Correctional Institution
Admission Date: 04/24/2008

Offense: Aggravated Murder
Offence: Burglary
Sentence: LWOP

wow, and his dad in court cursing and blaming the police cause their son's a piece of ****. her parents have a right to say that. His...they should have said something long ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back