Found Deceased NC - Michael 'Randy' McFalls, Charlotte, 13 July 2017

DianeElaine

Reaction score
Http://www.wbtv.com/story/35887742/clover-family-pleading-for-help-to-find-missing-man

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTZV) - The McFalls family is baffled, because they don't know where Michael Randy McFalls Sr. is.

"He loves his family. He loves his work. He's crazy about his grand kids. Crazy about any kids actually," says his son, Randy McFalls Jr.

The Sr. McFalls left work in Charlotte Thursday afternoon around 4:30, and his supervisor said he was acting fine and was heading home for the day. He texted his wife saying he was on his way home. No one has seen or heard from him since.

"This is very out of character for him. It makes us very worried that something is wrong or something has happened. Just wondering where he's at," says his son, McFalls Jr.

McFalls Sr.'s family says he always came straight home from work, and relatives say his iPhone, iPad and iWatch are all turned off, which is uncommon for him.

McFalls Sr. drives a pearl white 4-door 2013 Chevy Silverado.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/35887742/clover-family-pleading-for-help-to-find-missing-man

http://www.wbtv.com/story/35887742/clover-family-pleading-for-help-to-find-missing-man

McFalls Jr. says depending on traffic, his father would either drive Billy Graham Parkway or Wilkinson Boulevard to I-85 to Exit 8, which leads to Highway 161 in Clover.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say McFalls Sr.'s vehicle has a North Carolina plate with DZ-7187.

The younger McFalls says family members drove those routes looking for any signs of McFalls Sr., but didn't see anything.

The McFalls family said they have been in contact with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.

14386421_G.png

Attachments

• 20157358_1703632503276254_274098345548971689_o.jpg
    20157358_1703632503276254_274098345548971689_o.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 487
That sweet face! Look at him. Ugh, cases like this really bother me. The fact that his iPhone, iPad and iWatch are turned off worries me.

Hoping and praying for the best. I wonder where he stopped for something to drink on the way home. Maybe they can check for surveillance along the way. Have they checked his phone pings?

Maybe it's from reading this site, but no joke - I text my husband each time I stop somewhere and he does the same. I don't care if it's just a quick stop on the way to or from my destination. Gas, Starbucks, getting a snack - whatever. And always text when I get home. Some of my friends think it's nuts, but they don't read here either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sweet face! Look at him. Ugh, cases like this really bother me. The fact that his iPhone, iPad and iWatch are turned off worries me.

Hoping and praying for the best. I wonder where he stopped for something to drink on the way home. Maybe they can check for surveillance along the way. Have they checked his phone pings?

Maybe it's from reading this site, but no joke - I text my husband each time I stop somewhere and he does the same. I don't care if it's just a quick stop on the way to or from my destination. Gas, Starbucks, getting a snack - whatever. And always text when I get home. Some of my friends think it's nuts, but they don't read here either.

I agree with you completely. I hate cases like this too. He does have a sweet face and the kindest eyes. Why does it seem so often it's the good ones who go missing?!

His poor family. That has to be the worst torture and anguish to have a loved one vanish out of the blue. They have to be wondering if someone abducted him at some point.

Can't help but get the feeling though that there may have been an accident at some point and the car hasn't been found yet. The thought of that is horrible too. Either way is bad.

I agree with you too about the frequent texting with your husband when either of you are out. I do the same with mine and my family when I 'request' they let me know when they leave and when they arrive. Plus they usually include extra stops too that cause delays because they know I will worry. Drives them nuts sometimes but they tell me they actually do appreciate the fact that I care.

As you said too, perhaps it's from reading WS, and seeing how quickly a routine day can turn tragic.

Sure hope they find this guy soon, safe and sound...

What would cause OnStar to not be able to track the vehicle? Water?

I woke up thinking about this. Where are you sweet Randy?

Where are you Randy?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

What would cause OnStar to not be able to track the vehicle? Water?

Not entirely sure, but one would think that Onstar logs the route unless or until it is interrupted by something. If that is the case though, they should know approximately where he is. Unless it was disabled too.

Just an idea, but I keep wondering about whether anyone has planned to use a helicopter to check along the likely routes he would have driven. (Maybe they already have and I missed it.)

I have no idea of the surrounding terrain in that area, but so often, wreckage that cannot be seen at eye level is much more visible from the sky, especially a helicopter.

This man and his family are so much in my thoughts and prayers...

THIS article states he CALLED his wife http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/268156966-story
And the posters state he TEXTED her. (Is texted a word?). If it was a text, did he send it?
Is getting out of work early a normal thing to happen? Odd that the vehicle last pinged at work. That bothers me a lot. i think he is under water or voluntarily disappeared because everything, including Onstar, is not working.

THIS article states he CALLED his wife http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/268156966-story
And the posters state he TEXTED her. (Is texted a word?). If it was a text, did he send it?
Is getting out of work early a normal thing to happen? Odd that the vehicle last pinged at work. That bothers me a lot. i think he is under water or voluntarily disappeared because everything, including Onstar, is not working.

You bring up good points, especially about the last pinging of his phone at work. That IS odd. Makes me wonder though if he could have been carjacked even in his parking lot at work. Wonder if they have security, or have checked any surveillance tapes (if available) to see if he actually did leave the parking lot alone.

If that happened, then a carjacker could have taken his phone, and all other forms of contact away from him. I don't know much about On Star but could a carjacker disable the GPS quickly?

So many possible scenarios. You mentioned voluntary disappearance too. Anything's possible, especially with everything turned off. We don't know him either, but I just don't get the feeling that he left on his own. I could be wrong, but he doesn't sound like the kind of guy that would abandon his family like that.

As for the text I believe it was sent to his wife, and she received it. That's my understanding from the news reports. Again, could be wrong.

I so hope that somehow he is able to return to his family safely!

There are lots of youtube videos showing how to disable OnStar. It looks fairly easy to do if you follow those instructions.

Randy is my uncle. Onstar has been turned off for years. We have talked about going over the area with a helicopter. How would we go about doing that? We have zero leads still and the cops are being zero help. His work has live video feed only

Randy is my uncle. Onstar has been turned off for years. We have talked about going over the area with a helicopter. How would we go about doing that? We have zero leads still and the cops are being zero help. His work has live video feed only
Hi- here is a link to the NC search and rescue group. There is a contact and phone number on the page. Maybe they can point you to an organization who can search for you. Not my specialty but did a quick search for you.

https://www.ncdps.gov/Emergency-Management/Search-Rescue

Also here is a link to another source that might can help you find assistance.

https://m.facebook.com/NCSARAC/

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk