Identified! TX - Ellis Co., BlkFem, 16-22, near Section House Rd, Jul'17 - Tia Spearman

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Human Remains Found In Ellis County[/h]
remains-e1500242803866.jpg

The Ellis County Sheriff’s Office received the call just before 4:30 p.m. about possible human remains found near Section House Road north of Alma. Deputies responded to the area of agricultural land and a small wooded area.
Deputies confirmed the remains to be human shortly after arrival. Investigators say the remains had been scattered over a large area.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/07/16/human-remains-found-ellis-county/

Christina Morris?
It appears to be approx an hour from The Shops at Legacy.

I used to live near that area and drove through Alma on my daily commute. You are about 30-40 minutes to Dallas, just over 3 hours from Houston and Hwy 287 comes in right there making Fort Worth an easy shot too. I thought there was someone missing from Corsicana TX. That would only be 15-20 minute drive. Off to look.

The Ellis County Sheriff’s Office received a call around 4:30 p.m. Saturday, from a resident who believed that they had discovered human remains while hunting near Section House Road, north of Alma. They are investigating it as a homicide.

Ellis County Sheriff’s deputies responded to the location, which is a non-addressed parcel of agricultural land planted with crops and a small wooded area.
The responding deputies confirmed the remains to be human shortly after arrival. The deputies then contacted the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigative Division who came along with a crime scene investigator to the location.
http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/ne...cle_4f390648-6b2f-11e7-93a7-ebaff9ac6d70.html

Apple maps looks like Section House Road is accessible easily from north bound I-45 and continue I-45 north. A bit more difficult to get to from south bound. If you know the area it's doable.

Edited to add: it appears to be right at the 287 intersection. It's accessible from the I-45 northbound frontage which is a one way. If you come back out to I-45 you would have to continue northbound on the frontage get back on to I-45 and then you could double back from another exit. Of course there are always the backroads but having driven some, they can be pretty rough in a car.

[h=1]Skeletal remains found in Ellis County are that of woman between ages 16-22[/h]
bearcat_pride_1500493690536_10079378_ver1.0.jpg

ELLIS COUNTY -- Skeletal human remains found in Ellis County over the weekend have been determined to be those of a woman between the ages of 16 and 22.

Anthropologists from the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification says the woman was African American and she's described as having a medium muscular build and medium frame.

She was 5'6" to 6' tall and was wearing a Pilot Point "Bearcat Pride" t-shirt, similar to the one pictured above.
http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/crime/s...-county-are-that-of-woman-age-16-22/457836399

[h=1]Skeletal remains found in Ellis County are that of woman between ages 16-22[/h]
bearcat_pride_1500493690536_10079378_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/crime/s...-county-are-that-of-woman-age-16-22/457836399

I hate to say the obvious, but because of the age of the UID and the t-shirt it seems highly likely she attended Pilot Point High School.
Interestingly according to the most recent census, the town only has a population of 3,800 of which only 146 were African-American. You'd think if she went to or has some connection to the high school or even just the town, it shouldn't be too difficult to find someone who recognizes her.

In that area that fits the demographics:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/35890/10/.
Clothing doesn't fit, but if she didn't disappear right away, she may have changed.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28703/60/

It's unlikely to be Typhenie Johnson. She was abducted from her brother's apartment by her ex-boyfriend. The boyfriend (Chris Revel) was found and arrested within an hour of his violently forcing her into his car (maybe less than an hour, I can't remember the exact timeline). He was found at his parents house with some of Typhenie's clothing found scattered in his parent's back yard. These remains are over 60 miles away from the apartment she was taken from. This could only be Typhenie if Revel handed her off to an accomplice. JMO.

Lekeyia King is one I looked at too. She is slightly shorter than the estimated height of the UID. Lekeyia was 64-65 inches and the UI is estimated to be between 66 and 72. But other than that, she is from the right location to possibly be the UID.

I live less than 5 minutes from the spot the remains were found and my friend is the hunter who found her.

She was wearing that shirt and a red tank was with her as well. She was apparently wearing the red tank under the shirt.

She was not just bone. She was fresh.. sorry if TMI

If that's the case then she isn't in Namus yet. TX is brutal at this time of year and the turkey vultures would be quick.

Hopefully this will be resolved quickly.

Edited to add:
I'm thinking of that recent list of the 117 kids in TX that are missing. Someone ran away, staying with friends in the area and borrowed some clothes or bought some at goodwill.

I hate to say the obvious, but because of the age of the UID and the t-shirt it seems highly likely she attended Pilot Point High School.

I agree, it is possible she went to school there. At the same time, how old is the design on the T-shirt and the sponsors? Some organizations donate boxes of excess "spirit" shirts to thrift stores to make room for next year's batch. If so, the victim might have obtained it from such a store.
the town only has a population of 3,800 of which only 146 were African-American.
The Lancaster area (north of where the remains were found) was historically settled by blacks and could be predominately black today as well. I would start at both Pilot Point and Lancaster.

She was not just bone. She was fresh.. sorry if TMI

Respectfully, I think you got some bad info from somewhere.

Quote from the most recent article:
The Ellis County Criminal Investigations Division is asking for help from the public to identify the human remains found near Alma by hunters on Saturday, July 15. The skeletal remains were scattered over a large area of agricultural land near Section House Road north of Alma. The remains were collected and transferred for positive identification.
http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/ne...cle_35c5e5f2-6da3-11e7-ac52-ab9cac35bd7a.html

I agree, it is possible she went to school there. At the same time, how old is the design on the T-shirt and the sponsors? Some organizations donate boxes of excess "spirit" shirts to thrift stores to make room for next year's batch. If so, the victim might have obtained it from such a store.

The Lancaster area (north of where the remains were found) was historically settled by blacks and could be predominately black today as well. I would start at both Pilot Point and Lancaster.

Good point with Lancaster (I'm not familiar with the area). Speaking of Lancaster, as Gardener1850 alluded to, Lekeyia King went missing from Lancaster.

She could have been dismembered and scattered. Not sure on wild animals ability to scatter a body. I know there are lots of coyote, wild pigs, turkey vultures and some bobcats in the area. Hogs and bobcats seem like they would be strong enough.

Edited to add: skeletal remains would imply bone only? Maybe some parts were bone only, journalistic embellishment.

Edited again: unless skeletal remains is verified with a larger news source I wouldn't count on the Corsicana Daily Suns choice of words. I'm not saying anything bad about them but, I would verify. I worked in that town for 8 years. Nice people, newspaper really small town.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back