Oscar winning actor Martin Landau has died

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"Legendary film and television actor, Martin Landau, died Saturday in California after a short hospitalization where he suffered unexpected complications. Landau was 89.

Landau, who appeared in more than 200 films and TV shows, died at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles after an illustrious career in show business.

The X-Files star, who played Alvin Kurtzweil in the cult series, leaves behind his ex wife, actress Barbara Bain, 85, and their daughters, actress Juliet Rose Landau, and Susan Landau Finch.
Landau showcased his versatility from his roles in the Mission: Impossible the TV series and as a broken-down Bela Lugosi in his Oscar-winning performance in Ed Wood in 1994.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dies-complications-aged-89.html#ixzz4n3aXDMNu

Rest In Peace Mr Landau you were a great actor

IMG_0068.JPG

He was so great in Ed Wood. I really enjoyed his performance. RIP Mr. Landau.

Perhaps a bit of dated TV pulp, but I absolutely loved "Space: 1999" when I was growing up ...

Rest In Peace, Commander Koenig.

Jul 16 2017, 9:09 pm ET

Martin Landau, Oscar-Winning Film and TV Actor, Dies at 89

by Associated Press

Martin Landau, the chameleon-like actor who gained fame as the crafty master of disguise in the 1960s TV show "Mission: Impossible," then capped a long and versatile career with an Oscar for his poignant portrayal of aging horror movie star Bela Lugosi in 1994's "Ed Wood," has died. He was 89.

Landau died Saturday of unexpected complications during a short stay at UCLA Medical Center, his publicist Dick Guttman said.

"Mission: Impossible," which also starred Landau's wife, Barbara Bain, became an immediate hit upon its debut in 1966. It remained on the air until 1973, but Landau and Bain left at the end of the show's third season amid a financial dispute with the producers. They starred in the British-made sci-fi series "Space: 1999" from 1975 to 1977...

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...u-oscar-winning-film-tv-actor-dies-89-n783551

Throughout the 2015 movie "Remember" with Landau and Christopher Plummer, I kept thinking... how did they become old :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back