Good Coffee????

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Would you pay $175 for a pound of coffee beans that had passed through the backside of a furry mammal in Indonesia?

Some coffee lovers wanting to treat themselves to something special are lapping it up.

Kopi Luwak beans from Indonesia are rare and expensive, with a unique taste and aroma enhanced by the digestive system of palm civets, nocturnal tree-climbing creatures about the size of a large house cat.

So far, most of the orders have been from California.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/3557233.html

Now that is just plain gross.... while I love coffee, I wouldn't pay for this.... :sick:

I saw this on TV last year, they made the coffee and stopped people in the street with a free cup. The people drank the coffee, commented on how great it is. Then the rub came, they told them how much it cost and where it originated from.

I thought one lady was going to be sick, another guy said something to the effect of Kewl, and another person said: I would not buy this coffee in this lifetime.......

I heard it is VERY good, if you can get over where it originated from..........I can't though.............just the thought of brewing coffee beans that came from the backside of an animal, just does not have the same appeal as a coffee that does not.

As long as I have access to Community coffee, I'm good. No other brand will do. :twocents:

Toby said:
As long as I have access to Community coffee, I'm good. No other brand will do. :twocents:

Yep, us too! That's the only brand we drink. :D

Never heard of Community Coffee, is it a brand or a co-op or a store.

We tend to be a Maxwell House and Folgers family and the odd time picking coffee up at Second Cup or Starbucks........

But apparently this coffee is excellent...........sort of like The Truffles of Coffee

Thanks Toby, actually I may inquire if they can ship this coffee to Canada, I like the idea of supporting the Louisana area because of Katrina and I also like the fact that it is a old family company.

The price seems reasonable, not much more then in Canada especially with the exchange rate.

My favorite Community Coffee is the Hotel Blend...I thought Community was the only brand of coffee until I moved out of Louisiana :)

So I guess you could actually say that it was the $hitiest cup of coffee you've ever had??

Yum, a good cup of Community Coffee and a King Cake. Gee, I am feeling so deprived these days living in Canada

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back