Found Deceased WA - Marty Lang, 50, Pend Oreille County, 14 July 2017

wantjustice

Always hoping
Reaction score
The Sheriff's Office says 50-year-old Marty J. Lang picked up his dogs from a friend in Coeur d'Alene on Friday and hasn't been seen since...When a friend came to check on him when he didn't show up to work on Monday, they found both cars Lang owns were on the property, along with one of the dogs. However, Lang and his other dog were nowhere to be found.

http://www.khq.com/story/35913091/have-you-seen-this-missing-pend-oreille-county-man

To clarify he was last seen in CDA Idaho but he apparently made it to his land in Pend Oreille County. Local news story did mention he had told family members he had a run in with a bear previously. We have had a busy bear season this year in WA and ID.

His family has been very active on FB getting the word out. His son did an interview with KHQ. Hopefully the site will update with that interview.

I was just gonna post under Marty J. Lang from the msm I was reading. I fecided to try another search under Marty Lang without the J and thankfully found he has been
posted as missing.

Family of the Newport man missing since last week are holding onto hope 50-year-old Marty Lang will be found soon.

Lang was last heard from on Friday while he was at the Department of Motor Vehicle. When Lang didn't show up to work on Monday or drop of his beloved Chihuahua dogs with his girlfriend, friends and family started to worry.

A friend stopped by to check on Lang and discovered a locked gate and a thermos and cooler near his truck. The friend also noticed one of two dogs missing.

http://www.kxly.com/news/family-of-missing-newport-man-holding-onto-hope-1/590370885

ETA Lots of wooded area. I wonder if the missing dog would take off and Marty went after him?
8e963319fa24027039601cf3561d5ad2.jpg

You might have the right idea about the dog. See this comment...

"At first i was kind of thinking maybe he took off after the dog,” said Thomas. But said a neighbor claimed to have seen the dog on his lawn Friday night.

http://www.kxly.com/news/local-news...ms-to-have-vanished-into-thin-air-1/589565801

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
I know my neighbors dogs will take out but only so far. I guess it depends on the personality of the dogs, training and age.
Mentioned of Bear so I assume he would go aftet the dog vs waiting for him to hopefully return home.

The Pend Oreille Sheriff's Department searched for Lang on Monday and Wednesday on a mountain near his home.

"And they covered this whole terrain and when they didn't find a single scent whatsoever that was kind of a shot to the gut," said Thomas Lang, Marty Lang's son.

On Sunday, a grade operator spotted what he thought was Lang's dog about a mile and a half from his home.

Search and rescue crews focused their efforts in that specific area Wednesday.

"My dad is the toughest man that you'll ever shake hands with. And you just don't do that for family, you don't give up hope," said Lang.

http://www.kxly.com/news/family-of-missing-newport-man-holding-onto-hope-1/590370885

[h=6]Missing People In The Inland Northwest, Lets Bring Them Home shared KHQ Hayley Guenthner's photo.[/h] · July 20 at 7:36pm ·

UPDATE : Missing man's dog found but he is still missing. Please help his son find him. Please share.

KHQ Hayley GuenthnerLike Page · July 20 at 5:29pm ·

UPDATE: The family is now offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to Marty's whereabouts. Below is their statement ...
"The family of Marty Lang is... offering a $5,000.00 reward for information leading to his whereabouts and/or the arrest of any person who may be responsible for his disappearance."
Marty Lang (50) remains missing tonight, despite days of extensive search efforts. His pup Sunni, who was also missing, has been found about three or four miles from I'm where Marty was living on Scotia Road. Marty's son is desperate for answers.

See More

So through some reading I found some info. All speculation. Search dogs can smell a missing person's dog and then track that scent. If Marty's dog went with him, a big If, then more info is possible.
The area that Marty was living is made up of meth labs, illegal pot growers and people who want to be left alone. Not a good combination for searching for a missing person. There will be land that can't be searched.
There is also speculation that someone was in his house and left the door open, although one dog was found there scared.

JUL 18, 2017
Have you seen this missing Pend Oreille County man?
Thomas said his dad's lunch box and water bottle were set down next to his car. He believes whatever happened, happened immediately after he got out of his car.

Missing Newport man seems to have "vanished into thin air"
"AT&T says his phones been turned off, nobody's seen him, looks like he came home, put the gate up and didn't even get the chance to put his cooler or lunchbox inside,” said Thomas Lang, Marty's son.

Marty Lang got off of work in the morning and headed to the DMV.

"Other than that there was one person who came forward on Facebook saying they were at Hayden Super One and he was there paying his Avista bill,” said Thomas.

The sheriff's office says there are no signs that he was taken against his will or tried to harm himself.

JUL 20, 2017
Search continues for man missing since Friday
Marty Lang has been living off Scotia Road southwest of Newport, Wash., this summer, but has lived in Kootenai County much of his life.

[...]

Lang's last known location was in Coeur d'Alene around 3:40 p.m. Friday when he picked up his dogs.

[...]

JUL 19, 2018
Cold Case: Newport man's disappearance still a mystery one year later
It's been exactly one year this July since Marty Lang vanished. His family believes he was murdered.

Lang, 50 at the time of his disappearance had picked up his dogs from his estranged girlfriend Lori Witten shortly before he disappeared. He took them back to his rural home off of Scotia Road outside of Newport.

[...]

"I think someone took him, for what reason, I don't know," Witten said.

"Had to of," she said. "Had to of. Because he didn't even get the chance to make it into his motor home."

Marty's lunch box and thermos were placed just a few feet outside his door. Whatever happened, likely went down as soon as he exited his car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back