GUILTY FL - Jaquez Mason, 3, scalded to death, Deerfield Beach, 25 Dec 2005

What really disgusts me, is that the Grandmother allowed the boy to be taken by the Mother when she had a history of child abuse.

Then when she abused the child, the Grandmother tries to cover for her by not taking the child to the hospital.

The child had third degree burns over 50% of his body, the pain and agony that he must have felt is just beyond my understanding.

I scaled my hand last Friday and the pain that I felt was incredible.

So the Grandmother put the interests of her daughter over the life of an innocent 3 year old child.

Well you never know, maybe they can get prison cells together.........for the rest of their lives.

I am appalled at the fact that this was allowed also. It is like CPS wants a relative to take care of the children but what if it isn't in the best interest of the child? As in this case. Don't they check a modicum on backgrounds? Surely, this behavior didn't just pop up yesterday.

I also had a hand scalding incident and it was incredibly painful. Slow healing and all that. Can't imagine having burns over 50% of your body and being a small child and not being able to get help for yourself.

concernedperson said:
Deerfield Beach, Florida - A three year old boy died after his mother held him in a tub of scalding water as punishment on Christmas Day and his grandmother, who had custody, failed to get him medical attention for a week, authorities said Monday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180367,00.html
I can hardly wait to hear all the post partum,God made me do it,I was just kidding etc etc excuses this will surely craft for her pending trial.Unfortunately this as in most all cases of this sort we will most likely be denied the opportunity to hear what we should....."Tonite at 6pm est a was executed by lethal injection for the brutal murder of her child"....I like to call this line the "Happy Ending" society deserves for such utter disregard for life by these thugs. :banghead:

The grandmother - I think it's often a mistake to let near family members like that take custody of the children. First, they can often be a bit more blind to their daughter's faults, and let her have more freedom, more access to the children than she should have. Second - the daughter's faults may well have come from the grandmother's behavior in raising her - often they are both bad parents - one worse than the other, but both bad.

I'm sure she didn't get medical treatment in hopes the kid would recover on his own so she wouldn't get her daughter in trouble.

Details said:
The grandmother - I think it's often a mistake to let near family members like that take custody of the children. First, they can often be a bit more blind to their daughter's faults, and let her have more freedom, more access to the children than she should have. Second - the daughter's faults may well have come from the grandmother's behavior in raising her - often they are both bad parents - one worse than the other, but both bad.

I'm sure she didn't get medical treatment in hopes the kid would recover on his own so she wouldn't get her daughter in trouble.

And that is called denial. It wasn't in the best interest of the child.This is the generational abuse thing again raising its ugly head.If we keep talking about it then someone will recognize it and stop the cycle. At least, this is my hope.

A 3-year-old Deerfield Beach boy died of burns Sunday that police said were inflicted intentionally as punishment by his mother on Christmas Day.

The boy's mother, Valerie Kennedy, 30, of Coral Springs, is charged with child abuse murder and his grandmother, Annie Williams, 51, of Deerfield Beach, has been charged with not seeking medical care for him. Both have been jailed. The child, Jaquez Mason, would have been 4 in February.

BSO deputies were dispatched to a medical call in the 300 block of SW 11th Street in Deerfield Beach at 9:44 a.m. Sunday. Deputies arrived to find 3-year-old Jaquez Mason unresponsive. He had third degree burns over 50 percent of his body. Paramedics rushed Jaquez to Broward General Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead a half hour later.

The investigation showed that Jaquez had been in the court-ordered custody of his grandmother, Annie Williams, due to prior child abuse committed by his mother, Valerie Kennedy, 30.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...eath,0,5002939.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

This is so horrendous. I hope they throw away the key and both the mother and grandmother spend the rest of their days behind bars. Poor little Jaquez. Makes you wonder what other horrors this little angel suffered during his short life. Rest in peace little one. . .

I hope the other inmates at prison find out what they did .I will never understand this grandmother ,this poor sweet child never had anyone in his life he could trust to protect him.:banghead:

A woman charged with killing her 3-year-old son by scalding him in hot water as punishment for soiling his diaper has been investigated at least six times for allegedly abusing her children since 1997, state and county records show.

Valerie Love Kennedy, 30, was accused Oct. 12 of using drugs in front of her then 10-month-old and 2-year-old children in her Coral Springs apartment, according to a report from ChildNet, the private agency supervising state child placements in Broward County.

Assistant Attorney General Phillippa Hitchins said both of those children showed "physical abuse" when a doctor examined them this week after the scalding death of their brother, Jaquez Mason, who allegedly spent a week at his maternal grandmother's home with third-degree burns before he died.

Kennedy has had 10 children, with two dying at birth, by four different men, records show, although it was unclear if any remained in her custody before this week's arrest. In 2001, "medical neglect and physical abuse" led the state to remove five other children from Kennedy's house, authorities said. That case led the state to remove Jaquez from Kennedy two months after his premature birth in 2002, according to ChildNet and the Broward County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's officials said that preliminary reports from medical examiners showed that Jaquez "probably would have survived" had he received proper medical care.
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Items/03NewsSTAT06010506.htm

IMO the grandmother deserves the DP to ,how could she let her grandchild suffer and die without medical treatment.I hope she is charged with manslaughter.:behindbar

30 years old and 10 children? I know it said two were deceased, but doesn't she know about birth control!!! :doh: After reading that article, how did she get to keep the baby!!??? Punishing a baby for soiling his diaper, didn't that *advertiser censored* know that what the diaper is for?????? Someone at CPS needs to answer for why that child was allowed to stay with her, when they had such a history of her parental neglect.

A Broward County grand jury indicted a mother and grandmother on first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse charges on Thursday for the scalding death of 3-year-old Jaquez Mason, state prosecutors said.

Annie Williams, the boy's grandmother, originally was accused of the lesser charge of aggravated manslaughter.

Kennedy, 30, of Coral Springs, had lost custody of the boy and his seven siblings because of abuse. She was not supposed to have contact with them, but her mother allowed her a Christmas Day visit with the toddler.

Williams, who was raising five of the children, violated a court order by allowing visit, investigators said.

Within hours of arriving at Kennedy's Coral Springs apartment, the boy was dunked into a tub of scalding water as punishment for soiling his diaper, investigators said.

Despite second- and third-degree burns over half the boy's body, Jaquez's grandmother picked him up from his mother's apartment and took him home to Deerfield Beach.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...0jan20,0,4884460.story?coll=sfla-news-broward

What I don't understand is professionals know often times child abuse is cyclical. Why they don't CLOSELY monitor parents of adult children abusers is beyond me.

I don't believe for one minute that granny was not a child abuser! Just where does the child protection agency think the baby making machine learned her parenting skills anyway?

Linda7NJ said:
What I don't understand is professionals know often times child abuse is cyclical. Why they don't CLOSELY monitor parents of adult children abusers is beyond me.

I don't believe for one minute that granny was not a child abuser! Just where does the child protection agency think the baby making machine learned her parenting skills anyway?
I agree with you 100% I cringe every time I hear about an abused child be placed with family members. Scary!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back