Cecil the lion's son Xanda shot dead by big game hunters

Tawny

Reaction score
Terrible news! I hate people that kill innocent beautiful creatures.

Not a fan of trophy hunters but it's not illegal. It sucks though.

Not a fan of trophy hunters but it's not illegal. It sucks though.

"Not a fan" is putting it mildly for me! I cannot understand how this is "legal".

"Cecil was found beheaded and skinned near Hwange National Park in 2015 and authorities said Walter Palmer, a dentist from Minneapolis, paid a $55,000 (£35,000) bribe to wildlife guides to allow him to shoot the lion with a crossbow.

He was forced to abandon his dental practice for weeks amid the outcry over the killing."

Poor guy, forced to abandon his dental practice for weeks... Compare that to a Lion forced to abandon his cubs, and his life FOREVER..so his head can be hung on some douchebag's wall. AND... If it's so "Legal" why the need for the $55,000 bribe?

I hate hunters. Not just "Big Game hunters" either! (Seriously, does it matter what SIZE the animal is that you murder, if it's FUN for you?)

I don't care if you eat what you kill, or you feed your tribe with it... If you LOVE it, and think of it as a "Sport". You suck. (In My Opinion!).

In all the many, many debates on the subject I have had with hunters, No one has ever adequately explained why they LOVE to KILL. They say how it thins the herd, they eat the meat, and all the many justifications there are... But when asked why they LOVE
to hunt and kill....in and of itself... they have nothing to say... Imo there is something terribly wrong with people who enjoy murder.

** for those who might be tempted to point out that anyone who eats meat, is culpable to the inhumane slaughter industry. Spare me that lame comparison. People who shop for food, are in no way comparable, to those love to stalk and kill

"Cecil" the lion that was murdered by the dentist Walter Palmer from Minneapolis carried the genes of the "Barbary Lion" that is now extinct. Cecil was so very precious, and all of his cubs are equally precious because they also carry the Barbary lion genes. Barbary lions went extinct in approx 1922. This latest atrocity against one of Cecil's sons will further dilute the Barbary lion genes. The lion population is getting so low that inbreeding is going to start happening sometime soon. :(

"Not a fan" is putting it mildly for me! I cannot understand how this is "legal".

"Cecil was found beheaded and skinned near Hwange National Park in 2015 and authorities said Walter Palmer, a dentist from Minneapolis, paid a $55,000 (£35,000) bribe to wildlife guides to allow him to shoot the lion with a crossbow.

He was forced to abandon his dental practice for weeks amid the outcry over the killing."

Poor guy, forced to abandon his dental practice for weeks... Compare that to a Lion forced to abandon his cubs, and his life FOREVER..so his head can be hung on some douchebag's wall. AND... If it's so "Legal" why the need for the $55,000 bribe?

I hate hunters. Not just "Big Game hunters" either! (Seriously, does it matter what SIZE the animal is that you murder, if it's FUN for you?)

I don't care if you eat what you kill, or you feed your tribe with it... If you LOVE it, and think of it as a "Sport". You suck. (In My Opinion!).

In all the many, many debates on the subject I have had with hunters, No one has ever adequately explained why they LOVE to KILL. They say how it thins the herd, they eat the meat, and all the many justifications there are... But when asked why they LOVE
to hunt and kill....in and of itself... they have nothing to say... Imo there is something terribly wrong with people who enjoy murder.

** for those who might be tempted to point out that anyone who eats meat, is culpable to the inhumane slaughter industry. Spare me that lame comparison. People who shop for food, are in no way comparable, to those love to stalk and kill

I don't put trophy hunting in this category because the ONLY benefit of it is bragging rights. That said, wild game is expensive, so we get a tag every year and DH hunts for elk and whitetail deer for meat for our freezer. It's cleaner than beef that we can get in the store (we also buy whole and half cows for beef so really we don't even shop for meat in the grocery store).

If slaughterhouses were to become more humane and cleaner, and there were ways to acquire elk and deer that didn't break the bank, we'd likely stop hunting altogether. That said, hunting for meat for consumption by the average responsible hunter is much more humane than slaughterhouses.

All JMO but I do not begrudge anyone who loathes hunting in general. I get it. I really do. It's not pleasant.

I don't put trophy hunting in this category because the ONLY benefit of it is bragging rights. That said, wild game is expensive, so we get a tag every year and DH hunts for elk and whitetail deer for meat for our freezer. It's cleaner than beef that we can get in the store (we also buy whole and half cows for beef so really we don't even shop for meat in the grocery store).

If slaughterhouses were to become more humane and cleaner, and there were ways to acquire elk and deer that didn't break the bank, we'd likely stop hunting altogether. That said, hunting for meat for consumption by the average responsible hunter is much more humane than slaughterhouses.

All JMO but I do not begrudge anyone who loathes hunting in general. I get it. I really do. It's not pleasant.

I think that's the first explanation I've heard that I can agree with.

Meat sold in grocery stores is becoming worse and worse, (much of it is just plain gross!), not to mention more & more exspensive. We don't eat a lot of it.

I could see having a certain feeling of pride in being able bring home good food, much like fisherman who scores a good catch, I suppose... All the hunters I know, (not a lot admitedly), would do it even if they didn't have to though. They'd never miss a season, even if they had more than enough in the deep freezer. I find they way they talk about the "sport" disturbing.

We don't eat Deer or Elk, but I know some local farmers who hunt and sell venison in season, I've heard it's pretty expensive... so I can see why they do it.

If I had to do it to survive, I probably could, but I don't think I'd ever absolutely LOVE to do it, like some hunters do. I think it's the attitude towards it, that gives me the creeps. It seems very much like trophy hunting, it that regaurd

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back