FL Teens filmed, mocked drowning man, Cocoa police say

scmom

Reaction score
COCOA – Police and prosecutors say little can be done legally after the revelation that a group of teens filmed the dying moments of a 32-year-old disabled man last week, with the teens mocking, cursing and laughing while the man drowned in a fenced-off pond.

The Brevard County State Attorney's Office released the video to FLORIDA TODAY and called the incident a "tragedy" and said the teens' lack of action had "no moral justification" but added that the teens do not appear to have violated any laws.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...cked-drowning-man-cocoa-police-say/495518001/

Wow totally disgusting... Can you imagine that poor man having to listen to that for his final moments on earth? So sad..

The only hope left for these heartless callous teenagers is that their parents make them see the error of their ways. Otherwise this world is going to have these people living amongst us for many years to come.

I just saw this story. Absolutely disgusting. What.the.actual.F? We're all so screwed with this as our future.

Disturbing to watch but this really happened. There's a youtube video. Abhorrent! Our society is dissolving.

The only hope left for these heartless callous teenagers is that their parents make them see the error of their ways. Otherwise this world is going to have these people living amongst us for many years to come.

I don't think sociopaths can be rehabbed. :(

I'm not going to look for the video. That would probably give the sociopaths a sick satisfaction. They may think they're celebrities now.

Not only did they not call for help and taunt the dying man, but they posted the video online. Dunn's body was found 3 days later and an acquaintance saw the video. OMG!

Yay! I just saw on News4Jax that the teens will be charged with not reporting a death. So they found something. Those teens watched Mr Dunn struggle for almost 10 minutes according to the news.

This is just disgusting. I almost wish they wouldn't be charged. Anything they come up with will be very very minor anyway, so I would probably just prefer they not waste the time. These kids are damaged. They not only have no sympathy, but no empathy either. Frightening. I think back to when I was mid-teens, and if I had seen a man drowning, I would have horrified and screamed for help. These kids laughed.

Yay! I just saw on News4Jax that the teens will be charged with not reporting a death. So they found something. Those teens watched Mr Dunn struggle for almost 10 minutes according to the news.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/charges-possible-in-disturbing-florida-drowning-case

But Cocoa police announced Friday they intend to recommend misdemeanor charges against the teens through a state law that requires those who witness a death to report it to proper authorities, according to WFTV.

Ultimately, it's up to prosecutors to determine whether to file charges.

Thanks for the update Ray.

Absolutely sickening behavior. What is wrong with people?

This just disgusting. I almost wish they wouldn't be charged. Anything they come up with will be very very minor anyway, so I would probably just prefer they not waste the time. These kids are damaged. They not only have no sympathy, but no empathy either. Frightening. I think back to when I was mid-teens, and if I had seen a man drowning, I would have horrified and screamed for help. These kids laughed.
So I misheard and posted while I was waiting for the link:

"But Cocoa police announced Friday they intend to recommend misdemeanor charges against the teens through a state law that requires those who witness a death to report it to proper authorities, according to WFTV.

Ultimately, it's up to prosecutors to determine whether to file charges."

https://www.news4jax.com/news/charges-possible-in-disturbing-florida-drowning-case

And you're correct Prairie, it's a misdemeanor :(

If there is a case for widespread shaming, it is these teens.

I just can't bring myself to view the video, I just can't......

It's so hard for me to believe how damaged and uncompassionate our society has become.

I cannot watch the video - it seems that the world is in a very bad way. How could anyone do this to another human?

I don't think sociopaths can be rehabbed. :(

You are right about that, nothing can be done for sociopaths, they cannot be rehabbed, nor can they be taught anything about compassion or empathy.
What is so frightening is that there are so many of them these days. :(

Whilst on the subject of sociopaths......I am absolutely convinced that pesticides is the cause of so many people being born sociopathic.....and even psychopathic. I am convinced of this.
OT I know but had could not resist the opportunity to say this. I would say a bit more about this but I don't want a mod to remove this....!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back