Found Deceased NC - Gabriel Cummins, 18, Pittsboro, 19 July 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
2239003_630x354.jpg

Gabriel Boone Cummins was last seen in the 300 block of Sugar Lake Road between 1 and 2 a.m., according to officials.
Cummins's family says the 18-year-old goes by the name "Boone".
Officials say the area around Sugar Lake has been thoroughly searched, so authorities are now focusing most of their efforts on searching the lake itself.
http://abc11.com/news/authorities-searching-for-missing-teen-near-sugar-lake/2239005/

Sounds like a depressed possible runaway. Hope he's found soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Authorities searched in areas of water 40-feet deep, but Sugar Lake, a former rock quarry, can reach depths of 100 feet or more. It is privately owned, but frequently trespassed, according to officials.

On Friday, officials determined that the lake floor was littered with old machinery and hazardous debris that would make further dive attempts highly dangerous for rescue personnel. As of 2 p.m., crews at Sugar Lake disbanded.
"This does not mean we are giving up on Boone or discontinuing the search," Chatham Sheriff Mike Roberson said Friday. "We are simply shifting our focus away from the lake as we continue to gather information and form new leads. We are doing everything in our power to find Boone and hope to see him return safely to his family."
Deputies had K-9s searching the perimeter as well, but didn't find any trace of Boone.

They tell ABC11 that the teen had been asking friends to come to the lake with him.

Deputies say a friend ended up dropping Boone off on Sugar Lake Road, which was the last time anyone saw him.
http://abc11.com/news/sheriff-suspends-sugar-lake-dive-search-for-missing-teen/2239005/

It looks like he was arrested this past Monday, July 17 on felony drug charges (sch IV controlled substance) and also has some misdemeanor pot charges. Maybe he was despondent about this. Or maybe he went for a swim and something went awry. Apparently this is a place where kids hang out.

But also, another teen was found deceased in this lake on June 5 of this year. He went missing, last seen with friends at this lake at 4am Sunday, and was found the following day.

Strange!

I hope Boone is found safe. His parents must be losing their minds.

Maybe a drug deal gone wrong? That lake is pretty notorious for meeting spots

These quarry lakes are rather dangerous. When my daughter was in high school there were 3 deaths in the quarry lake. All three were related to someone jumping in on top of the other. This particular one was no trespassing, but they went in anyway.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

It looks like he was arrested this past Monday, July 17 on felony drug charges (sch IV controlled substance) and also has some misdemeanor pot charges. Maybe he was despondent about this. Or maybe he went for a swim and something went awry. Apparently this is a place where kids hang out.

But also, another teen was found deceased in this lake on June 5 of this year. He went missing, last seen with friends at this lake at 4am Sunday, and was found the following day.

Strange!

Maybe he was friends with the teen that died.

Strange!

Maybe he was friends with the teen that died.

Search continues for man reported missing near Sugar Lake

"I've had many calls and want to keep everyone in the loop; however, I do not have any new information regarding the disappearance of Gabriel," said Sara Pack, Administrative Lieutenant with the Chatham County Sheriff's Office. "I have spoken with investigators and the family has indeed mentioned the possibility of offering a reward. However, investigators could not advise an amount or confirm the validity of the flyers I saw circulating online."

Boone was last seen near Sugar Lake in Pittsboro, but officials' search of the lake and surrounding areas yielded no sign of him.
“This does not mean we are giving up on Boone or discontinuing the search,” says Sheriff Mike Roberson. “We are simply shifting our focus away from the lake as we continue to gather information and form new leads. We are doing everything in our power to find Boone and hope to see him return safely to his family.”http://www.wral.com/search-continues-for-man-reported-missing-near-sugar-lake/16833255/

http://www.wral.com/search-continues-for-man-reported-missing-near-sugar-lake/16833255/

Sad news, Boone was found this morning in the quarry :(

No link yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member