GUILTY Canada - Pregnant woman stabbed, baby died, Montreal, 24 July 2017 *Arrest*

dotr

Reaction score
rbbm.
http://www.cp24.com/news/pregnant-w...th-end-of-montreal-suspect-at-large-1.3516154
Last Updated Monday, July 24, 2017 10:03AM EDT Montreal police are searching for a 37-year-old man who allegedly stabbed his pregnant partner multiple times this morning.
They say the baby was delivered by C-section and is in critical condition.

Brabant said the suspect is about 5-7 and weighs 63 kilograms.

He has shaved, black hair, brown eyes and a scar on his face.
"We are asking the public if they have information to call 911 and not to approach this man," Brabant said. "We consider him armed and dangerous."

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/montreal-police-seek-husband-after-pregnant-woman-stabbed
Update: Police had been called to pregnant woman's home day before stabbing
33-year-old pregnant woman repeatedly stabbed; C-section performed
• Mother is stable, baby in critical condition
• Police had been called to the house the day before
• Suspect, the woman’s husband, is at large A newborn infant is fighting for its life in a Montreal hospital Monday morning after being delivered by caesarian section after its 33-year-old mother was repeatedly stabbed.

Police say that while the mother’s condition has stabilized, the child is in critical condition.
The woman has two other children who were not home when their mother was attacked. Police had been called to the apartment on Sunday night and a short time later, the children were taken out of the apartment to stay with relatives, police said

“He is always smiling and would often say hello,” Sainey said. “When I saw his car was gone I figured it out. I was very surprised by this news because I didn’t know there was violence in that relationship.”

Sainey said he rarely spoke to the victim because “she is very quiet and doesn’t talk a lot.”

Police said the suspect armed and dangerous and is probably driving a grey, four-door 2007 Mazda 3. He is of North African descent, has short, dark brown hair, brown eyes and a scar on his face.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/police-s...egnant-woman-stabbed-multiple-times-1.3515995

A pregnant woman was stabbed multiple times overnight with a BBQ fork, allegedly by her boyfriend.

The attack happened around 2:30 Monday morning in an apartment on Langelier Blvd. near Pascal St. in Montreal North.
While the woman was near the end of her pregnancy the fate of child is not known since most of the blows were to the woman's torso. Couple frequently argued

Neighbours said the couple frequently fought, and this night they were woken up by the couple arguing.

"Around 2:30 in the morning heard the pair of them yelling, like usual. Then we heard the man run down the back stairs and get into his car and drive off," said Michel Leblanc.

"Then the woman knocked on my door, and when my wife opened the door she was covered in blood, and it looked terrible. We called 9-1-1."

"I saw a fork, a large fork... with two tines, lying on the ground. In my opinion that was the weapon," said Leblanc.
rbbm.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...tabbing-faces-murder-charge-for-death-of-baby
In what Crown prosecutors described as a rare case, the man arrested after allegedly stabbing his eight-months-pregnant wife in the early hours of Monday morning has been charged with first-degree murder and attempted murder.

Looking gaunt and saying little, Sofiane Ghazi, 37, was arraigned at the Montreal courthouse via videoconference on Tuesday.

His wife, Raja Ghazi, survived the stabbing and is said to be in stable condition. The child was delivered by emergency C-section in a hospital but died within a few hours. Ghazi is charged with first-degree murder of the child and the attempted murder of his wife.

Though she didn’t want to comment on the specifics of the case, Crown prosecutor Anne Aubé said that for Ghazi to be charged with murder, the child must have been alive for at least a brief moment between being born and dying from its injuries.

Sofiane Ghazi, 39, had been charged originally with first-degree murder in connection with his wife’s stabbing but later pleaded guilty to second-degree homicide in the death of only the infant, who was only ever identified as Baby Ghazi. His appearance in court on Tuesday had been for his sentencing hearing.
upload_2019-9-17_11-29-0.jpeg
However Ghazi announced to the court that he felt he had not been properly defended, that he had fired his lawyers and that he wanted to withdraw his guilty plea.

Ghazi’s lawyers, meanwhile, said that they wanted to be removed from the case.

Confronted with the new development, the judge in the case suspended the proceeding until Oct. 8 in order to allow the accused to find a new lawyer.

On Sept. 5, the second day of his first degree murder trial, Ghazi pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of second degree murder in the death of his newborn son and aggravated assault against his wife, the second charge being reduced from attempted murder.
Montrealer accused in murder of unborn child fires lawyers, withdraws guilty plea

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back