Scientists May Have Found Mozart's Skull

PrayersForMaura said:
Have scientists found Mozart's skull? Researchers said Tuesday they'll reveal the results of DNA tests in a documentary film airing this weekend on Austrian television as part of a year of celebratory events marking the composer's 250th birthday.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060103/ap_on_sc/austria_mozart_s_skull_4

When I first read this headline I thought it said Scientologists. Don't ask me how I got so far off track. But my first thoughts were what are they going to say now... that Mozart was an alien as well? LOL

Curiosity - he was a genius - I want to see if any "brain lines" are on there, or how big the skull was. Of course it may have changed by now.

I'm a pianist, and I play Mozart Sonatas. Many feel he was the greatest musical genius of all.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Wasn't he buried in a mass grave?

Yes, in poverty. Were poverty burials in mass graves? Probably so. I wonder why they think it's his skull, then?

Marthatex said:
Yes, in poverty. Were poverty burials in mass graves? Probably so. I wonder why they think it's his skull, then?

The article explains that this skull has been in a Mozart Museum in Salzburg, Austria for a century. It was claimed to be Mozart's, dug up from a pauper's grave identified by a gravedigger. Comparisons with DNA from Mozart's grandmother and neice should determine if it is really his skull.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back