TN - Kipp Phillips, 2, dies in hot car, Gatlinburg, 14 July 2017 *Arrests*

Renee110

Stop letting criminals off the Hook!
Reaction score
http://wkrn.com/2017/07/24/gatlinburg-parents-charged-with-murder-after-child-left-in-car-overnight/

"A grand jury returned indictments against Anthony and Jade Phillips for first-degree murder, aggravated child neglect, and aggravated child abuse.

The Gatlinburg Police Department said the child’s mother called 911 around 2 p.m. on July 14 saying the child had been left in a car on Laurel Avenue overnight."

It took until two oclock in the afternoon to figure out the child was missing?????????????

I'm astounded!! How is this even possible!!

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

http://wkrn.com/2017/07/24/gatlinburg-parents-charged-with-murder-after-child-left-in-car-overnight/

"A grand jury returned indictments against Anthony and Jade Phillips for first-degree murder, aggravated child neglect, and aggravated child abuse.

The Gatlinburg Police Department said the child’s mother called 911 around 2 p.m. on July 14 saying the child had been left in a car on Laurel Avenue overnight."

It took until two oclock in the afternoon to figure out the child was missing?????????????

Whatever they were into.........they probably didn't even wake until two o'clock in the afternoon. Whatever they were into ..... remember - they forgot they even had a child and forgot to bring the child into the house. They probably only remembered they had a child when they saw all the child's clothing and toys......then they remembered - oh! the child!!!!!!
They deserve whatever they are being charged with.....the poor child roasted to death in a car as hot as a pizza oven.

Why are people leaving their babies in the car so often? It is devastating. :cry:

It's crazy to me to forget your children. I never did. I'm here in Nashville, and our interstates have digital signs above interstates that change.. they can advise you of an accident ahead etc. Last Friday the signs read "Where's Baby? Look before you lock". I was just sad to think people have to be reminded.

The 2 year old's name is Kipp Phillips. Maybe a Mod can put his name in the title of the thread...

I wonder how many times in his short life that this child went all day without breakfast, lunch or a diaper change. I assume the parents are drug addicts? Regardless, they should not have had care of this child. Why didn't family step in?

Why are people leaving their babies in the car so often? It is devastating. :cry:

I'm sure some diabolical people feel it is a very convenient way to do away with the little "nuisances" in one's life. I had a thought the other day -- I wondered if this was what happened to Caylee Anthony.

More info here. It sounds like the parents are claiming they forgot about the baby - so will this be another case of "Forgotten Baby Syndrome" defense? Given the circumstances it would be awfully hard to claim that as a defense. So yeah, the big question here is what the parents were doing during all that time.

Gatlinburg police found the Phillips' son, Kipp, dead around 2 p.m. on July 14, after one of the parents called E-911 and reported they had left him in a vehicle overnight and into the afternoon as the temperature outside approached 90 degrees.
The USA TODAY NETWORK-Tennessee first reported that the home where the child was found, 416 Laurel Ave., is owned by Jerry Kirkman, the mayor of Westmoreland, a small Middle Tennessee town with a population of about 2,200 people. Kirkman did not return a call on Monday evening.
Hall [a neighbor]said the couple "seemed like good parents," and that they both worked at the Apple Barn in Sevierville on opposite shifts so they could take care of their son. A manager at the restaurant declined to comment Thursday.
Last week Gatlinburg Police Chief Randall Brackins said of the parents, "They were distraught, very upset. They were very unbelieving of what was occurring. They just couldn't believe it was happening."

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...inburg-hot-car-case-charged-murder/506968001/

The parents are being charged under the felony murder law, meaning the child died while they were commiting the felony crime of child abuse. In Tennessee that's the equivalent of first-degree murder.

Go sleep, he told his exhausted wife, I’ll get Kipp out of the car.

So, she did — and awoke 12 hours later to find 2-year-old Kipp still strapped in his car seat on a hot summer day, dead from heat stroke.

Even Jade Elizabeth Phillips' accuser concedes she had no cause to doubt her husband’s promise.

But is she responsible for her son’s death anyway?

It was a question that would dog prosecutors, haunt defense attorneys and trouble a judge for more than two years. But this mother had already decided the answer.

“I was … his mom,” she said.

And a Sevier County judge decided this week he couldn’t punish her any more than she’d already punished herself. He rejected a prison term for the now 26-year-old Phillips in the July 2017 death of her son, sentencing her to four years of probation.
[...]
Anthony Phillips has since pleaded guilty to neglect and reckless homicide charges. He is currently serving a 15-year sentence.

Get Access

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back