TX TX - Houston, HispFem 19-29, 96UFTX, On Walkway to Charter Bank, clothes, Dec'89

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I recently revised my recon of this Jane Doe, and see that there was no thread for her. So creating a thread for her.

NamUs UP # 2171 https://identifyus.org/cases/2171
The Doe Network - Case 96UFTX http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/96uftx.html

Unidentified Hispanic Female

f77b34d3-dea1-4bc2-b092-eca9e5acb50f.jpg

Found on December 29, 1989 at 5433 Westheimer Road, Houston TX 77056

Vital Statistics
Approx Age: 19 - 29 years
Height: 64 inches
Weight: 161 pounds
Hair: Black - 20 inches long
Eyes: Brown
Scars: Small half moon scar below the right knee; small fine scar on right forearm..

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing: Black corduroy pants; a white pullover shirt; black socks; white panties; a white bra and black lace-up shoes. No sizes given on items listed.
Other Items: A handwritten schedule was located near her body.

Circumstances
The victim was located on a walkway to Charter Bank at 5433 Westheimer Road in Houston, Texas.​

Identifiers:

Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available
DNA: Sample Submitted - Tests Not Complete

Unfortunately, they didn't include that with the scant information that they provided.

Ah dang it... welp if only they at least showed a picture of it. But maybe to LE it wasn't an important piece of evidence???

Interesting.... this happened when I was a senior in high school. Also, I live and work just miles from where this happened! I wasn't expecting that when I clicked on this to read. Nice part of Houston - Galleria area.

I dont see where anything indicates the COD?

Photo 34: Maleah Davis joins list of Houston's 56 missing children: See their faces, bring them home

• NCMEC: 1184610 - NCIC: U430004278 - NamUS: 2171
posterTitleUnidentified.png

Jane Houston
NCMU1184610c1.jpg

• Date Found
    • Dec 29, 1989
    • Location Found
    • Houston, TX
    • Estimated Age
    • 20-25
    • Sex
    • Female
    • Race
    • Hispanic
    • Hair Color
    • Black
    • Eye Color
    • Brown
    • Estimated Height
    • 5'4"
    • Estimated Weight
    • 161 lbs
On December 29, 1989, the body of an unidentified female was found on the stairs to a building located at 5433 Westheimer Street, Houston, Texas. It is believed she had been deceased less than 8-10 hours prior to discovery. The decedent had long , thick black hair, curly in texture and approximately 20 inches in length. She was found wearing black corduroy pants (“LEE” brand - Size 10M), a white pullover t-shirt, black socks, and black shoes (“COASTER” brand). She also had a small, half-moon shaped scar on her right knee and a 1 inch scar on her right forearm. The reconstruction featured above is an artist’s rendering of what the decedent may have looked like. Anyone with information should contact the Houston Police Department and reference case number 12165089 or the Harris County Institute of Forensic Science and reference case number ML89-8294.

Have you seen this child? JANE HOUSTON

Doe Network notes "DNA sample submitted - tests not complete" with the most recent update to the page on 8/2018. The Houston Chronicle article in 2017 reports that there is a DNA profile in for her, courtesy of UNT CHI. She still shows no exclusions on NamUs, though.

Being such a busy area, I wonder how there were no security cameras of any kind, even in 1989. 5433 Westheimer is an 11 story business-plex type building. I also wonder if the bank was the only occupant of the building back in 1989 (if it's the same building). One of the odd things I've seen is that some articles state that she was "dumped" at that location on the walkway, but some report that she was found face-down in the flowerbed area that is on either side of the stairs leading to the building. The stairs are a decent distance away from the road, so it couldn't have been as simple as just pulling up to a curb/sidewalk and dumping her out.

Refreshing the thread…

Harris County Jane Doe (December 1989)​

Harris County Jane Doe, found December 1989
Approximately eight to ten hours after her death, a Hispanic female was located on Westheimer Street, in Houston, Harris County, Texas on December 29, 1989.[189] She was five feet four inches and weighed 161 pounds; she was between nineteen and twenty-five, although she could have been up to thirty-five.[190]The victim wore black pants, socks and shoes as well as a white bra, panties and a pullover. Her hair was black and curly, approximately twenty inches long. Her eyes were also brown.[191] A piece of paper was found at the scene that was written by hand containing some sort of schedule.[192] The woman had been shot at close range in the head. After her body remained unidentified, she was buried in an unmarked grave in a potter's field.[193]

Yadira del Carmen Cruz Cal, originally from Chiapas, moved in the US around 1995 when she was around 25, after getting into an argument with her father. She last contacted her family around 1998. It isn't know where in the US she was staying.
96UFTX_Reconstruction_001b.jpeg118611085_10158572609146171_5730657303741114373_n.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back