Found Deceased UK - James Corfield, 19, Builth Wells, Wales, 25 July 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
James Corfield, 19, of Montgomery Young Farmers' Club, was last seen at the White Horse pub in Builth Wells in the early hours of Tuesday.
He later failed to meet family at the Royal Welsh Show in Powys where he had been camping with friends. Officers are searching the river and the force helicopter is involved.

Corfield is described as 6ft 2in tall, of slim build, with short brown hair and he was last seen wearing a blue Abercrombie and Fitch shirt and jeans.

_97083945_james_corfield_facebook.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-40727072

Unfortunately if he was camping at the showground itself, which is very likely if he was exhibiting livestock, he'd have had to cross the river to get back to the campsite from the pub. There's a good height stone parapet on the bridge, but it's not impossible that he was drunk, decided to walk along the parapet and fell into the river.

How terribly sad if it is the case he fell in the river. We see so many of these cases on Websleuths :'(

Something does not smell right in this case.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/james-corfield-river-wye-drown-14146538

The pathologist suggested that Mr Corfield may have died due to the physical effects of being suddenly immersed in cold water. He said: "One of the the main problems in cold water [is] if you encounter cold water unexpectedly there are some physiological problems which always occur and these problems are very often fatal." "No evidence of assault or drowning."
I guess we should shut down all the polar bear swimming clubs and Wim Hof should stop swimming in ice cold water, after all it's very often fatal.
All of the photos of the searchers show them wading in the river. Strange, tragic, no cause of death.

How was it that he wasn't found for a week with hundreds of people searching such a small area? What was the time of death? Was it on the night he disappeared or some time after that? If so what was he doing in the interim?

[bubm]

I'm no expert but I think the key word is 'unexpected'. Searchers or polar bear swimmers would be expecting cold water and therefore be able to prepare for it.

Something does not smell right in this case.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/james-corfield-river-wye-drown-14146538

The pathologist suggested that Mr Corfield may have died due to the physical effects of being suddenly immersed in cold water. He said: "One of the the main problems in cold water [is] if you encounter cold water unexpectedly there are some physiological problems which always occur and these problems are very often fatal." "No evidence of assault or drowning."
I guess we should shut down all the polar bear swimming clubs and Wim Hof should stop swimming in ice cold water, after all it's very often fatal.
All of the photos of the searchers show them wading in the river. Strange, tragic, no cause of death.

I couldn't find a site that would indicate how cold the water would be in July but I did find a video of people swimming there and a few pictures of skinny dippers! He was found 2000ft from the White Horse Inn where he went missing. The coroner couldn't tell us the time of death or the cause? It sounds made up. David Paulides calls it local reports for local consumption. It would be interesting to know if there are any similar patterned deaths there or near by in the past.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back