GUILTY NC - Thomas Bryson, 68, Mills River, 26 July 2017 *Arrests*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Man reported missing in area of Mills River fugitive manhunt[/h]
The U.S. Marshals Service has taken a commanding role in the search for an armed suspect that left parts of Pisgah National Forest closed for almost four days.

Authorities also Wednesday were investigating a report of a missing person near the area where Stroupe was likely last spotted. Authorities were unclear whether that case might be related.

Thomas A. Bryson, 68 of Mills River, was last seen wearing a dark-colored plaid shirt, brown cargo shorts and sneakers and driving a silver Honda Ridgeline with a West Henderson High School Falcons tag on the front of the vehicle.
636366730925966515-Thomas-A.-Bryson-3.PNG.png

Thomas Bryson (Photo: Courtesy photo)

He was described as being 5 feet 9 inches tall, 175 pounds with a gray mustache and hair.

The last known sighting of Bryson was around 8:35 a.m. Wednesday, when he left his home.
http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...-area-mills-river-fugitive-manhunt/512302001/

636363667290362560-stoupe.jpg

Stroupe, 38, lead officers on a brief vehicle chase before fleeing into a wooded area on foot, touching off the manhunt. He robbed a man of his mountain bike at gunpoint later Saturday, police said. He was carrying a black .38 Special revolver, Queen said.

The last confirmed sighting showed him wearing a camouflage T-shirt. He was described by police as 5 feet 8 inches tall with a small build and several distinct tattoos including one on his neck and a swastika on his abdomen.
http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...-area-mills-river-fugitive-manhunt/512302001/

[h=1]Motorist reported missing in area being searched for 'armed, dangerous' man[/h]
Thomas Bryson, 68, was reported missing in the vicinity of South Mills River Road. Bryson left his home at about 8:35 a.m. Wednesday. He was driving a silver Honda Ridgeline (similar to the one pictured) with a West Henderson Falcons tag on the front of the vehicle. Investigators do not know if Bryson’s disappearance is related to the Stroupe case.

Henderson County Chief Deputy Jason Brown said that investigators hope it is a misunderstanding and that Bryson will be found safe and sound.

"We have to assume the worst and hope we are wrong," Brown said. "We have to err on the side of caution."
Brown said that investigators need the community to be "eyes and ears," because they can't be everywhere. He said Stoupe is trying to avoid officers, but it is hard for him to avoid the community.
http://www.wyff4.com/article/search...enters-day-5-recreation-areas-reopen/10363216

Thomas A. Bryson, 68, was reported missing in the vicinity of South Mills River Road. They said he left his home around 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, driving a silver Honda Ridgeline with a West Henderson Falcons tag on the front of the truck.

Bryson is 5'9" tall, weighs 175 pounds and has gray hair and mustache. He was last seen wearing a plaid, dark-colored shirt, brown cargo shorts and tennis shoes.

nSZ23Opl.png

http://wlos.com/news/local/henderson-county-deputies-search-for-missing-man

[h=3]Henderson Co. deputies searching man missing near manhunt for armed suspect[/h]
14484142_G.jpg
14483961_G.png

Deputies said 68-year-old Thomas Bryson was last seen on Wednesday leaving his residence on Wolfpack Trail in the South Mills River Road area around 8:35 a.m. He was described by deputies as an "overdue motorist."

Deputies said Bryson left his home to pick up a nearby family for a medical appointment but he never arrived. They said he does not suffer from any known medical conditions

There is no indication Bryson's disappearance is connected to the nearby manhunt for Phillip Michael Stroupe, but said due to the location of his disappearance, deputies said they are treating it as a "worst case scenario" until he is found.

"It would be wrong of us not to err on the side of caution," a Henderson County deputy said.
Deputies said they were searching for Stroupe within 400 to 500 yards of the destination to which Bryson was traveling.
http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/35975760/henderson-co-deputies-searching-for-missing-man

Oh no! I got the Nixle alert for Thomas, but did not connect it to the manhunt for Stroupe. I also saw an alert for Thomas's vehicle on an I-40 traffic billboard/sign this evening (whatever you call those.) The hunt for Stroupe has been quite unsettling for the community. If Stroupe is connected to Thomas's disappearance, I sure wish he had simply stolen the truck. I'm sure we'll be hearing more soon about Thomas's credit cards, phones, etc. shortly. The only good news is that Thomas's disappearance will get a lot of attention due to the possible connection to the manhunt.

Oh no! I got the Nixle alert for Thomas, but did not connect it to the manhunt for Stroupe. I also saw an alert for Thomas's vehicle on an I-40 traffic billboard/sign this evening (whatever you call those.) The hunt for Stroupe has been quite unsettling for the community. If Stroupe is connected to Thomas's disappearance, I sure wish he had simply stolen the truck. I'm sure we'll be hearing more soon about Thomas's credit cards, phones, etc. shortly. The only good news is that Thomas's disappearance will get a lot of attention due to the possible connection to the manhunt.

http://wspa.com/2017/07/26/help-find-missing-man-thomas-bryson-of-henderson-co/

Thomas Bryson is believed to have been kidnapped by wanted man Phillip Stroupe.

[h=1]Missing man being investigated as possible kidnapping by Phillip Stroupe, deputies say[/h]
A manhunt organized by the Transylvania County Sheriff's Office has covered hundreds of miles over rugged terrain in the Pisgah National Forest since Stroupe eluded deputies.Stroupe faces charges in Yancey County and is wanted in Buncombe County for failure to appear in court in regards to a kidnapping charge.

Officials announced on Tuesday that search efforts expanded into Henderson County.

The Henderson County Sheriff's Office said on Wednesday that deputies conducted mobile operations overnight in the Mills River area.
Officials said deputies are also following up on numerous tips they have received and are "utilizing assets from multiple counties" to aid in the search.
Deputes stressed there have been no recent sightings of Stroupe that investigators could confirm.

Officials said the case has been adopted by the U.S. Marshal's Fugitive Task Force.
Regular daily operations resumed Wednesday for the Cradle of Forestry in America and Sliding Rock Recreation Area in Pisgah National Forest.

Highway 276 also reopened after being closed since the search began on Saturday.

Anyone with information about Stroupe, Bryson or who sees Bryson's truck is asked to call 911.
http://www.wyff4.com/article/search...enters-day-5-recreation-areas-reopen/10363216

I got another Nixle alert saying Thomas's disappearance may be connected to the manhunt. I understand why they're searching close to where Thomas Bryson was supposed to arrive, but am I correct in thinking they should also consider that Stroupe may have been hiding in Mr. Bryson's car, waiting for someone to get inside with the keys? Unfortunately, in that scenario, Stroupe could be literally anywhere on the east coast by now, or halfway into the middle of the USA. If that is the case, the ONLY good thing about that is that the heat may be off of Stroupe, and he may not be as dangerous as he was when LE had a tighter noose around him. Thinking about Mr. Bryson tonight!

Is anyone monitoring radio chatter in the basement? I don't know which channel that would be. It's federal land, correct?

HENDERSON COUNTY, N.C. — Detectives from the Henderson County Sheriff's Office are looking for drivers or occupants of two vehicles who may have information that would assist the investigation of Phillip Stroupe.

The occupants in a small black four-door sedan and a gray/silver full sized truck were travelling on South Mills River Road on Wednesday around 8:40 a.m. and are believed to have information in the manhunt investigation. The Henderson County Sheriff's Office is asking the occupants of the vehicles or anyone who knows the occupants to call 828-697-4911.

As the search for a man who deputies say is armed and dangerous expands, investigators are concerned about a motorist who has been reported missing in the heavily forested search area.

The Henderson County Sheriff's Office and the Transylvania County Sheriff's Office announced Wednesday they are treating the missing man as a possible kidnapping. They said Thomas Bryson, 68, is believed to be with suspect Phillip Stroupe.

The suspect has been captured. But that's all that police have said. I worried about Mr. Bryant. I don't think there would have been any reason for the suspect to keep Bryant with him.

It's not good at all for this seemingly nice man, Mr. Bryson. If this perp left him stranded on a road, I'm sure he would have been picked up by now. I have some hope. After all, the perp let the fisherman go. But I recall the fisherman saying that he heard a gunshot after the perp went back onto the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so worried for Mr. Bryson. His eyes are so kind. Stroupe was first seen in Yancey County, coming out of the mountains down Highway 80 into Marion, so he was possibly on the Blue Ridge Parkway at some point. There are a lot of overlooks, steep ravines and remote areas to search. I'm concerned that he hasn't been found yet because if he was simply let out of the truck, I'm sure he could have flagged down a passerby by now.

http://wlos.com/news/local/breaking-suspect-in-manhunt-caught-in-mcdowell-county

I don't think he would have tried to fight with this perp. So there would be no point in the creep hurting Bryson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HENDERSON COUNTY, N.C. — The McDowell County sheriff said Thursday that teamwork and stop sticks helped capture an armed man who had been on the run for five days.

Phillip Stroupe, 38, was captured about 4 a.m. in the truck of a man reported missing from one of the counties involved in the manhunt, Sheriff Dudley Greene said.

There was no updated information on the search for Thomas Bryson, 68, who was reported as possibly kidnapped in Henderson County on Wednesday.

Greene said deputies in Yancey County notified his office that the silver Honda Ridgeline that Stroupe was believed to be driving had been spotted there about 10:45 p.m. The vehicle was on Highway 80 and headed toward McDowell County, Greene said.

A news conference was set for 11 a.m. in Mills River, in Henderson County.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/manhun...ans-vehicle-stop-sticks-sheriff-says/10363216

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back