NJ: Atlantic City--suspect shot 45 times by police....

katydid23

Reaction score
Justified shooting or not?

[video=youtube;Tm5PaJxOmCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=Tm5PaJxOmCY[/video]

-published on Jul 25, 2017

Dashboard video shows suspect high on PCP shot 45 times when he opened fire on police in Atlantic City after leading them on a four city chase

Antoquan Watson, 27, of Williamstown, died after the shootout with cops in Atlantic City in 2014

Led cops on a four-city chase before colliding with a car after running a red light

He was ordered to 'put your hands up now' but as he got out his vehicle, an officer began shooting

Watson returned fire, shooting multiple times until he was hit and collapsed

Seven officers shot the suspect 45 times, including while he was on the ground
A grand jury reviewed the shooting and found the officers' actions were justified

Video has finally been released court decision that dash cam footage of all fatal shootings involving police should be made public.

Yes, I am seriously asking.

When I saw the headline, suspect shot 45 times---I was pretty sure it was not going to be a justified police shooting.

But after watching it, I can understand why he was shot so many times. He was a serious threat, and looked like he wanted to take a few cops with him as he knew he was going to die at their hands.

The cops had no choice but to open fire at that point.

Shooting him to stop the threat was justified. I don't see why it was necessary to shoot him 45 times though. Seems like they could have hit bystanders.

Shooting him to stop the threat was justified. I don't see why it was necessary to shoot him 45 times though.

Each cop opened fire. They don't really have a system where only one fires at a lethal threat.

And does it really matter at that point, if it takes one bullet or many more?

Seeing him exit car, gun drawn, shooting. Hell yeah it was justified. As for 45 shots, we have multiple officers shooting here. Who has time to say, "Hey, I got this"? This isn't an outfielder catching a fly ball. These are men and women that are worried for their fellow officers, and they want to go home to their families after their shifts. This guy clearly committed suicide by cop.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Each cop opened fire. They don't really have a system where only one fires at a lethal threat.

And does it really matter at that point, if it takes one bullet or many more?

The reason for my question has to do with the one sentence you omitted from my post. There were innocent bystanders all around there.

Other than that, I'm not second guessing them at all. It's sad the guy was not in his right mind, but he was doing drugs, and a threat is a threat.

Justified but malicious. How many cops were shooting?

ETA - i see it said 7 cops were shooting.I don't know, it was definitely justified obviously but i come away with the impression that they really got off on it. Like 45 times? Is that necessary? Are you not putting innocent bystanders in danger with that kind of violent response?

Justified but malicious. How many cops were shooting?

ETA - i see it said 7 cops were shooting.I don't know, it was definitely justified obviously but i come away with the impression that they really got off on it. Like 45 times? Is that necessary? Are you not putting innocent bystanders in danger with that kind of violent response?
The way I see it, he was a very definite threat and wanted to go out in a blaze of glory, well, he got what he wanted. JMO

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

justified

kinda hard to tell if the bullets are hitting him at first and if he's already dead

I woulda went 100 times to be sure to eliminate the threat

ETA: it bothers me though that they chased him through THREE cities before he crashed, putting so many people at risk ... they couldn't get one of those tire shredder strips across the road in time?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back