KS - Serial rapist targeting Kansas college campuses starting in Oct 2000

perfectingpink

Reaction score
New information about serial rapist targeting Kansas college campuses

timeline+rapes.JPG

"Police said the person was usually described as a white man between 5'9" and 6'0" which various descriptions of his build, weight and age. In the most recent description from 2015, the victim described him as a white man, approximately 5'10", heavier set, most noticeably around the stomach and thighs. Officers said several victims reported he had a large stomach. Investigators believe the person is 33 years old."

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Ne...sed-about-Kansas-serial-rapist-436974413.html

New information about serial rapist targeting Kansas college campuses

View attachment 120758

"Police said the person was usually described as a white man between 5'9" and 6'0" which various descriptions of his build, weight and age. In the most recent description from 2015, the victim described him as a white man, approximately 5'10", heavier set, most noticeably around the stomach and thighs. Officers said several victims reported he had a large stomach. Investigators believe the person is 33 years old."

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Ne...sed-about-Kansas-serial-rapist-436974413.html
hmm 33 years old. oddly specific. wonder what makes them think that..

From the link
"Investigators believe the person was at least 33 years old at the time of the 2015 attack."
It it possible that they can tell how old from DNA? Or maybe he said something during the attacks?
This is horrible and things like these freak me out. I hope he's found before any more victims.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

I don't think they can specify age by DNA.

But I was also thinking he may have said something...maybe said 'today's my birthday--i'm 33' or something sick and twisted like that while committing a rape...

I was working in Manhattan.KS in 2005 thru 2016 and strangely did not hear of these attacks. As it was contract services I was not there every week, but thru 2014 it was often every other week. I will contact my friend for whom I worked and ask what they know or remember regarding these attacks. Will get back if I have anything to offer.

Possible former student who kept going back? Considering he is allegedly now 35, and it started in 2000, he'd have been 18, Freshman.

I think definitely connected somehow
or a professor? student/TA? or service provider ... contract cleaning or construction worker

Possible former student who kept going back? Considering he is allegedly now 35, and it started in 2000, he'd have been 18, Freshman.

Hmmm...I went to KSU in 2005 and KU after that. I never heard about these. Am I understanding that they are just now thinking they are connected?

Interesting that they think he watched the victims before. Back in the day, right around 2004, Facebook was still just college kids, or mostly college kids. You could (and we encouraged by profs sometimes) to add your course schedule to your profile page. I wonder if any of the victims utilized this feature.

I started at K-State in 2002 when I was 18 and graduated in 2006. I'm 33 now and still live in Manhattan. I don't remember hearing about the rapes till probably half way through college when I was living in a house with some other girls. We were always really scared after that and to this day I always check locks before I go to bed. I was shocked to hear that a 2015 rape had been linked to this perp since it had been so long since I had heard of him.

I wonder if he is from Manhattan since lots of the attacks were over school breaks? Also wonder when the 2015 attack happened could it have been the weekend of a football game or something that an alumni might have been in town for?

FB_IMG_1501250579370.jpg

Ok reread the poster and all the attacks not just some were over school breaks which makes me think even more it is someone local to Manhattan. 3 of the attacks happened at the Chase apartment complex which is a big fairly popular apartment complex near the stadium. Wonder if he lived there or had friends who lived there at the time.

I have a niece and a sister there, too. It makes me mad the public did not know about this!

The public absolutely did know about this, it was in the news and police warned students to keep doors and windows locked. My roommates Dad bought us all mace after hearing about it, that was probably in 2003 or 2004.

The public absolutely did know about this, it was in the news and police warned students to keep doors and windows locked. My roommates Dad bought us all mace after hearing about it, that was probably in 2003 or 2004.

That is good to know! I made a bad assumption based on me never hearing about it and comments I had read under articles. I was in school at that may be why I didn't hear about it or if I did, I didn't retain it.

Well, two of those rapes were disturbingly close to my current residence. I know the man who lived here before me was a registered sex offender, because when I googled the address before I looked at the place that's what popped up in the results. I'm going to look for a pic of him to see if he resembles the sketch.

hmm 33 years old. oddly specific. wonder what makes them think that..

I think that what law enforcement is trying to tell us is that this person would have to be at least 33 years old by now, in order to have been actively committing these crimes since the year 2000.

I was working in Manhattan.KS in 2005 thru 2016 and strangely did not hear of these attacks. As it was contract services I was not there every week, but thru 2014 it was often every other week. I will contact my friend for whom I worked and ask what they know or remember regarding these attacks. Will get back if I have anything to offer.

The culture in Kansas seems to be all about covering up crime, rather than addressing it. I think this person might be a landlord who rents off campus houses and duplexes to students at both campuses or a maintenance person. That way, he would have easy access to keys for these houses. It would explain why there is never any evidence of forced entry.

The 7 year break in this perpetrators' activity is significant.

Yes; it is significant; but this is also Kansas, and in close proximity to college campuses. While there may actually have been a seven year break in this guy's crime, it also may have been a seven year break in the reporting of his crime. We won't know without further investigation and testimony.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back