Found Deceased TX - Theresa Kirkpatrick, 55, Sam Houston Nat'l Forest, 28 July 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Authorities in Montgomery County are looking for a woman reported missing in Sam Houston National Forest.

Theresa Kirkpatrick's husband said they were walking in the forest around 8 a.m. Friday when they were separated. He has not heard from her since.

Kirkpatrick is described as a 55-year-old white female.

http://abc13.com/amp/news/woman-reported-missing-in-sam-houston-national-forest/2258420/

c487eb4c395e09a5257be813f7ed6771.jpg

From Tricia, owner of Websleuths.
Websleuths needs our help! Please read link below-
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/announcement.php?a=305

http://www.itemonline.com/news/sher...cle_8bfc2fb4-747c-11e7-8cf3-1b5d79fa0b0b.html

Authorities are treating the death of a woman who went missing in the national forest Friday as a suspicious incident...

"It is still very early in the investigation, but this is being treated as a suspicious incident until proven otherwise for now," Walker County Sheriff Clint McRae said Saturday. "Investigators have obtained some conflicting stories and there are questions that need to be answered. Officers are interviewing potential witnesses to determine what happened."

I admit that I'm one of the most cynical people alive so I'll just say that my hinky meter if on full alert.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/S...man-dead-in-Sam-Houston-11685340.php?ipid=ntk

Michael Kiser, Theresa's brother, described his sister as a loving person always willing to help. However, he said his sister would not have "been out here in these woods" with her medical conditions.

"So don't go out in the woods, she don't go hiking, so don't go out of her yard," Kiser told media adding Theresa's husband Allen told him where they could find her body. "Somebody took my sister from me. There is no reason, she never hurt anybody.

Says they were out looking for their motorcycle since 5:30 AM.

Deputies: Body of missing woman found in Sam Houston National Forest

http://www.khou.com/news/local/auth...sing-in-sam-houston-national-forest/460338642

(Via KHOU 11)
WALKER COUNTY, Texas - The body of the woman who went missing in the Sam Houston National Forest on Friday has been found, according to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies posted the news to Facebook Saturday morning. They said the body of 55-year-old Theresa Kirkpatrick was found in the search area.

Detectives are on the scene as the investigation continues. Deputies said they are working with the Waller County Sheriff's Office and will post more information as it becomes available.

There is no word on a cause of death at this time.

Kirkpatrick went missing Friday morning after she and her husband went out to the forest around 5:30 a.m. to find their motorcycle that had broken down overnight.

Officials said Kirkpatrick's husband took the motorcycle to their truck thinking she would follow behind him, but he did not see her.

Kirkpatrick's husband continued looking for her for several hours before notifying law enforcement around 4:30 p.m. Friday.

Officials say Kirkpatrick had Type 2 diabetes.

Just some rambling thoughts and questions below., all IMO:

The heat right now is nothing to mess around with, especially if you don't have any water with you. I could see getting an early start before the sun gets too high, by 10am it's uncomfortable outside. Not sure on this one. Seems odd. Looking for dirt bike/ motorcycle? I could see ATV but she's not active outdoor person not dirt bike. And if you are cruising on your motorcycle it would be on the roads, not really something to go looking for, unless you stashed it in bushes. Furthermore why not just push it out that night if dirt bike. I could see if ATV ran out of gas, possibly leaving it and coming back in morning with gas can. I would be worried about it being there in the morning though. I know of lots of properties in the forest, maybe they went out from house on bike and it broke down, decided to come back with truck to get it. Maybe he's the dirt bike guy and rode it out and had it breakdown and she came out to help in the morning. I am not familiar with a two person dirt bike.

He looked for her for EIGHT AND A HALF HOURS before letting anyone know?

*has bridge for sale

A little more information:

Deputies: Body of missing woman found in Sam Houston National Forest

http://www.khou.com/news/local/auth...sing-in-sam-houston-national-forest/460338642

(Via KHOU 11)

WALKER COUNTY, Texas – The search for a missing Conroe woman is over, after her body was discovered Saturday morning off a trail in the Sam Houston National Forest.

Authorities said 55-year-old Theresa Kirkpatrick disappeared Friday morning, while out with her husband.

But after a late-night search party turned up nothing, her family says they decided to search for her themselves, and found her after they say the man closest to her tipped them off.

Theresa Kirkpatrick was someone her family says, you just couldn't help but love.

"My sister was an amazing person, she loved her family, and was very much loved by her family" said Mike Kiser, Kirkpatrick's brother.

The glue that held everyone together.

"She was like a second mom, she was always there for us," said Kiser.

But her life was cut tragically short.

Saturday morning, her family says they discovered her body on a trail at the Sam Houston National Forest.

"It's just not right, she didn't do anything to deserve something like this," said Kiser.

Her family says the man closest to Kirkpatrick, her husband, was the one who tipped them off. Mike Kiser says he visited his brother-in-law at a nearby hospital after he was taken there Friday for dehydration.

"I asked him where I could find my sister, and he told me how to get to the location," said Kiser.

Kirkpatrick was reported missing late Friday afternoon by her husband.

He told authorities the two had gone out to the forest around 5:30 a.m. in search of his dirt bike that had broken down overnight.

He went on to tell authorities, the two lost track of each other on the way back to his truck with his bike. And after searching for his wife for several hours, decided to call authorities for help around 4:30 p.m.

A story Kirkpatrick's family says doesn't add up.

"She had a herniated disk in her back, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, she would have never been out here in these woods like this," said Kiser.

The very woods Kirkpatrick's brother says, his sister's husband, an avid dirt bike rider led them to.

"We found her right on the trail he said he had walked on," said Kiser.

According to Kiser, his sister and her husband had been married for more than 25 years.

Walker County deputies are now working to figure out what happened to Kirkpatrick, and how she ended up in the woods.

Until then, her family says they'll come together, remembering the legacy she leaves behind.

"If you have somebody that you love, hold on, because you never know when they're going to be taken from you," said Kiser.

This is still an ongoing investigation by the Walker County Sheriff's Office.

There is no word on a cause of death at this time.

apologies I started a thread no knowing this one was already made. I didnt find it when I used the search button, nevermind me im Dizzy.

Yes my hinky meter went off big time. Looks like the husband was in better physical shpe than she was which made me wonder why he didnt get one of his buddies to help search for this missing motorbike. I smell a rat too, hope we find out cause of death soon. Her family needs justice

found this 16 minute video of her brother, he is tore up too, said she was in a fetal position and there was no way she could have gotten that far in the woods with her medical condition, very sad interview:

https://montgomerycountypolicerepor...d-national-forest-brother-says-husband-lying/

if you watch the end of this video the brother takes a reporter to the location where she was found, said her shoes were on the ground side by side and her body just a few feet the other side of a big fallen tree. I dont understand why that area was still not roped off by investigators?

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you watch the end of this video the brother takes a reporter to the location where she was found, said her shoes were on the ground side by side and her body just a few feet the other side of a big fallen tree. I dont understand why that area was still not roped off by investigators?

Shoes off side by side, fetal position hidden behind tree...I wonder if she had a blood sugar issue being out in the heat and became confused and wondered off trail. Then she decided to take off her shoes and lay down in her confused state. I don't like that the husband reportedly knew exactly where she was, seems like he could have called for help even if he had to leave the area to get phone service, not 8 hours later.

Edited to add:
I watched the video. I don't see anyone carrying her out that far especially when you can hear the camera man huffing and puffing (and swearing). I also find it hard to believe she could have wandered that far and have her location be known. I could see her being led, "just a bit further" until she eventually had to sit down and rest and died from exhaustion or complications.

Shoes off side by side, fetal position hidden behind tree...I wonder if she had a blood sugar issue being out in the heat and became confused and wondered off trail. Then she decided to take off her shoes and lay down in her confused state. I don't like that the husband reportedly knew exactly where she was, seems like he could have called for help even if he had to leave the area to get phone service, not 8 hours later.

Edited to add:
I watched the video. I don't see anyone carrying her out that far especially when you can hear the camera man huffing and puffing (and swearing). I also find it hard to believe she could have wandered that far and have her location be known. I could see her being led, "just a bit further" until she eventually had to sit down and rest and died from exhaustion or complications.

or chased into the woods. ( just a thought, im synical )

Wow! She was too ill to be walking in the woods for any reason. She was diabetic, had emphysema, HBP and a ruptured disc. She may have walked into the woods but I suggest it was at gun point and then someone left her to die - or waited until she collapsed and succumbed to the heat.

Her little brother makes me want to cry with him. I have little brothers. They look up to their big sister as if we hung the moon just for them. And we would, if we could.

Currently theory I'm mulling over:
If his bike was in that area when it broke down and she walked all the way out there with him to get it back and started not to feel well and said my feet are killing me, I'm hot and dizzy I'm going to take my shoes off and sit for a few minutes and I'll catch up. Then passed out. It still doesn't explain why he didn't call the police until 4:30pm and how he was able to send her brother to the location. I can see outside sources not know the trails and maybe her brother knowing the area better but not better than the park rangers I don't think. Granted they don't seem to be specific park rangers Moreno Texas based.

Edited to add:
I asked my husband how long he would look for me in the place he last saw me before he went for help. He said about 10 minutes and my health isn't compromised. We just spent 2 hours in the Houston heat cleaning chicken coops, duck pens and horse stalls.

Him waiting to call and not being able to give location to searchers but being able to give it to her brother just doesn't make sense to me. Did he call for help on the way to the hospital for heat exhaustion? Was he incoherent until they got him rehydrated?

Currently theory I'm mulling over:
If his bike was in that area when it broke down and she walked all the way out there with him to get it back and started not to feel well and said my feet are killing me, I'm hot and dizzy I'm going to take my shoes off and sit for a few minutes and I'll catch up. Then passed out. It still doesn't explain why he didn't call the police until 4:30pm and how he was able to send her brother to the location. I can see outside sources not know the trails and maybe her brother knowing the area better but not better than the park rangers I don't think. Granted they don't seem to be specific park rangers Moreno Texas based.

Edited to add:
I asked my husband how long he would look for me in the place he last saw me before he went for help. He said about 10 minutes and my health isn't compromised. We just spent 2 hours in the Houston heat cleaning chicken coops, duck pens and horse stalls.

Him waiting to call and not being able to give location to searchers but being able to give it to her brother just doesn't make sense to me. Did he call for help on the way to the hospital for heat exhaustion? Was he incoherent until they got him rehydrated?

Wow my autocorrect sucks. And it's too late to edit.

Not Moreno Texas based: More of Texas based. They don't seem to be specific to the park. There doesn't seem to specific park rangers for the area.

There are some minor things I would like to edit but nothing major.

A few things
530 am is not normally the time you wake up and go kill your wife
He would know he'd be the first suspect . How would he drag the 200 pound lady into the woods.

Was there any money to be had here. Who gets her estate if husband is in jail

I wouldn't be too quick to size this husband up for a gurney

Natural causes are not that unlikely .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member