Found Safe SC - Kelvin Durham, 24, Union, 30 July 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
On Sunday around 9:30 p.m., Kelvin Jerome Durham called dispatchers to report he was being chased. Deputies said dispatchers then lost contact with Durham and could not get him back on the phone.

When deputies arrived at 2300 Cross Keys Highway, the area where Durham reported being chased, they said they found a 2007 black BMW belonging to him, but Durham was nowhere to be found.

The scene turned into an investigation.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/36...-missing-after-calling-to-report-being-chased
ef3bcc7ebcf07bb5a0709b5dc78f5c06.jpg

This is indeed scary. I am concerned for this young man.

Additional info below-

According to an incident report from Union Public Safety, officers were called to Durham's home on North Church Street around 6 a.m. on Saturday after his grandmother found the message "I will kill you" spray-painted in white on their door.

His grandmother said Durham was home at the time of the incident and was recently the victim of a hit-and-run crash while walking on foot.

Police who responded to the scene confirmed a black BMW was in the driveway when they responded, but no one answered the door.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/36...-missing-after-calling-to-report-being-chased

66ea2831cdb2a692170d613b8ca7ec93.jpg

On Sunday around 9:30 p.m., Kelvin Jerome Durham called dispatchers to report he was being chased. Deputies said dispatchers then lost contact with Durham and could not get him back on the phone.

When deputies arrived at 2300 Cross Keys Highway, the area where Durham reported being chased, they said they found a 2007 black BMW belonging to him, but Durham was nowhere to be found.

The scene turned into an investigation.

Link in ep has been updated

Deputies with the Union County Sheriff's Office say they have located a 24-year-old man that went missing over the weekend.

Found

Durham told investigators he was kidnapped by an individual in a Dodge Charger and his face was covered by the alleged kidnapper. Taylor said Durham told them he was able to escape the vehicle when the driver stopped to use the bathroom.

Durham then called 911 after running to a neighboring home on Whitmire Highway, Taylor said.

Sheriff David Taylor said Durham was charged with trespassing. According to Taylor, he trespassed on a property where he said he was fishing before the kidnapping incident.

On Wednesday, Taylor confirmed Durham was also charged with filing a false police report and issued a $6,000 bond. He said Durham continued to insist his version of events was true, but investigators have been able to disprove the alleged kidnapping.

Taylor said there could be more arrests in the coming days.

An investigation into the threat painted on his door remains ongoing.

Hmmm i can see a scenario like this being made up. Not saying it is in kelvin's case. I wonder what his injuries were like after the hit and run.

Kelvin Jerome Durham, 24, is charged with filing a false report of a felony violation.

Deputies say Durham falsely reported being kidnapped on July 30 and July 31, Durham told deputies he had been kidnapped at gunpoint from the 2300 block of Cross Keys Highway, held against his will and escaped his capture while on Old Buncombe Road, according to investigators.

Investigators did not reveal a motive.

http://www.wltx.com/mb/amp/news/cri...ged-with-filing-false-police-report/461693183

Hmmm i can see a scenario like this being made up. Not saying it is in kelvin's case. I wonder what his injuries were like after the hit and run.
I now wonder if there was a hit and run? If so...head injuries?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucius79
Back