Identified! TX - Springtown, AdmixMale Skeletal 299UMTX, 15-25, off Hwy 51, Oct'85 - William Arthur Fiegener

I think so. I think you should write them - the time frame matches up. Plus, just the physical appearance seems close.

It looks really good to me. It sounds as though they didn't find enough of the John Doe because there is no height listed. I think they look a lot alike. I noticed on both pics the earlobes are attached, and just the general look is very similar. I say check it out.

I think so too. The photo compared to the model look pretty similar. And yes the time frame does match up.

Pics of John Doe from the Doe Network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/299umtx.html

John Doe on left and right, Robert Dale Casto in center

1. Robert looks like the sketch and the composite (more like the composite).
2. Robert went missing at the end of 1983, John Doe is estimated to have died in 1984 or early 1985 - that's close enough for me.
3. John Doe estimated to be 20, Robert was 21
4. Brown Hair is a match
5. I checked on google and these two places are about 45 miles apart - less than an hours drive (this is an approximation).

To me, this is so close a match I wonder why it hasn't been checked out? It is possible it has been checked and ruled out. Both these cases are within the same State - Texas.

All kinds of problems can happen though so I wouldn't take a chance. I strongly urge you to submit this possible match.

I think they look close enough to submit it for a match. Keep us posted!

Seems strange this wasn't matched up. I would definitely throw this into the ring and maybe come up with an i.d.

Good job!

I'll get in touch with the missing persons clearing house tomorrow. Thank for all of your input.

This definitely looks like a possible match. Please do submit it and keep us posted! Good sleuthing.

The possible match has been submitted to the Doenetwork by an advanced member of that group. Six weeks is the usual waiting time on the analysis by the match panel.

Auggie21 said:
The possible match has been submitted to the Doenetwork by an advanced member of that group. Six weeks is the usual waiting time on the analysis by the match panel.
Do you know when they submitted it? Keep us posted!

I've read about what the Doe Network does, and that their panel is staffed by professionals who volunteer their time to access possible matches. I think they do wonderful work and I certainly am a fan of their site.

Question: When Doe Network members say it has been "submitted", they mean to the unoffical panel, correct? It is possible that there is a possible match out there, that the Doe Network members feel is unworthy for some reason, therefore its never submitted to LE? Is this correct?

the Doe panel gave him the go ahead to submit on 1/5/06.
I held off on contacting our mpc until they made their decision. I recently joined the Doe forum so I'm not positive how it works to submit. I'll learn as I go along.
Hoping this brings peace to the Castro family.

PonderingThings said:
I've read about what the Doe Network does, and that their panel is staffed by professionals who volunteer their time to access possible matches. I think they do wonderful work and I certainly am a fan of their site.

Question: When Doe Network members say it has been "submitted", they mean to the unoffical panel, correct? It is possible that there is a possible match out there, that the Doe Network members feel is unworthy for some reason, therefore its never submitted to LE? Is this correct?
I have wondered the same thing. I think they are trying to help, without being a pest to LE, but yes, I get the impression you got.

A Doe Network submission does carry some weight with authorities, so I would assume their procedures are working for the organisation.

Thank you for your replies.

jodieo said:
the Doe panel gave him the go ahead to submit on 1/5/06.
I held off on contacting our mpc until they made their decision. I recently joined the Doe forum so I'm not positive how it works to submit. I'll learn as I go along.
Hoping this brings peace to the Castro family.
Something being submitted means it was submitted to LE. If it was rejected, the panel voted not to submit it to LE.

I have my doubts about this match. 1. the UID is said to have another racial component to him, possibly black, which does not seem to fit Casto 2. there is no height listed for the UID so we could be way off base, and given that 6'2" is taller than average, it is less likely to be a match 3. as per the the following link from the State of TX, Casto was wearing a Levi's jean jacket. the UID was wearing "a white fleece Union Bay jacket".

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetailsPrint.asp?id='M5/22/20021:35:21PM'&Person=Missing Person

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back