Heart of the Hurricane Season Starts Now

I always find it fascinating to follow hurricanes. Of course I don't live on the coast, so they don't affect me directly. I think the predictions are for a busier season for the U.S., is that right? Of course, predictions don't often pan out, but we'll see. The western Pacific is already active.

I always find it fascinating to follow hurricanes. Of course I don't live on the coast, so they don't affect me directly. I think the predictions are for a busier season for the U.S., is that right? Of course, predictions don't often pan out, but we'll see. The western Pacific is already active.

Me too my friend I love it! Charley made me much more scared of em than I used to be!

AS as kid I loved em so exciting! Candles all out I always got the job of throwing the pool furniture IN the pool- hey that was fun for a kid.

Now I am at the point of a nice low cat 2 head on hit I am in Orlando so by the time it got here would just be fun!

Charley as he went thro was awesome! It was not until the next morning when I got in the car to see--I made it about half a block and thought go home !!

Charley made history forecast wise. He was suppsosed to landfall Tampa area.

Our ABC local weather head ( and learned later it was really a huge deal at channel 9) started to realize he was not landfalling in Tampa but was gonna landfall lower, and come right thro here.It was the first time in history that they decided they are going to go against the national huricane center in Miami and try to warn Orlando -- that Orlando was going to be in his direct track

At the time nooone knew what was going on behind the scenes

[FONT=&quot]Footage of Orlando meteorologist Tom Terry correctly predicting the change in direction of Hurricane Charley during the morning hours of August 13th, 2004. Later that night, the storm would go on to directly impact the Orlando metro area with wind gusts upwards of 100mph.[/FONT]

[video=youtube;iehVk_LmUEs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iehVk_LmUEs[/video]

Several local meteorologists, however, did depart from the official predictions of a Tampa Bay landfall as early as the morning of August 13. Jim Farrell[SUP][21][/SUP] of WINK, Robert Van Winkle WBBH, Steve Jerve of WFLA in Tampa, Jim Reif of WZVNin Fort Myers, and Tom Terry of WFTV in Orlando, all broke with their national news forecasts and stated at around 1500 UTC that Charley was going to turn early, striking around Charlotte Harbor and traveling over Orlando, as would prove to be the case.[SUP][22] wiki [/SUP]

The power truck caravans were stunning. All different colors from all over the country

They are acutally like trains! the lead one would change (there was very little traffic!) lanes and they all went smothly to the lane .

I did not lose power there was a fire dept near my place and I think that is why

Frances a total bore I was scared by this point she was a 5 for a long time and stood over us for a long time!

Jean was more windy

I think Wilma was the next season and she was fun until I went down to visit my mother and it was amazing in Fort Lauderdale and she described it scary. She lives right on the ocean.

Hurricane Andrew after weeks my mother and I went down there -- it was devasting.

Neither of us are good with directions -- and we were fine until we tried to get out . There were no strret signs and that usually does not help us anyway.

Noone spoke English it did get scary

Mathew really scared me

And often people think the predictions are useless - in fact they are actually reasonable-- who knew we were on number 5 this season??

Sandy was very interesting

WOW EY

Harvey is blowing up !

Expect cat 3 landfall

sudden intensification

gonna move over land slow lots rain

eyewall is handsome! and tight

Barametric pressure now 986 (really good indicator of getting stronger the lower the pressure the stronger the hurricane )

model tracks have become a little more scattered than yesterday

Most of the time media does a bit too much with these

when there monsters they do good

does have a lot of super hot water right before landfall -- not good

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads